• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN"s exclusive trailer is Dead Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwm0nkey

Preview.

screens:

dead-island-20110215055248475.jpg

dead-island-20110215055247850.jpg

Trailer looked good but the slow-mo reverse action dragged it out too long. Reading up on it the gameplay seems close to Dead Rising.

So where is the scenario going for Dead Rising 3 if island paradise is already taken?

ElNarez

Banned
Guys, it's Techland. No matter how good the trailer is, the final product will be at best extremely underwhelming. Seriously. We're not talking about a company with a track record of excellence.

LiK

Dead Island's developers call it a "first-person zombie-slasher/action-RPG." That's a mouthful, and it's still unclear what the balance will be among those descriptors. Players will be able to choose from a cast of pre-set characters, including a former rapper named Sam B (the only character revealed so far).

*looks at screenshots* huh?

i hope it's third person instead.

derFeef

ElNarez said:
Guys, it's Techland. No matter how good the trailer is, the final product will be at best extremely underwhelming. Seriously. We're not talking about a company with a track record of excellence.

I found the Call of Juarez games to be excellent.

thechemist

http://www.facebook.com/deadislandgame?sk=info

Release date
Description
- first-person melee combat
- 4-player coop
- weapon customization
- set on an open world tropical island
- RPG elements for character development
- hordes of gruesome zombies
General information
Dead Island combines first-person action with a heavy focus on melee combat, character development and customization of a vast array of weapons. All of these gameplay features are presented in a dark story inspired by classic zombie movies with a gritty and engrossing campaign that can be played with up to 4 players in co-op mode.
Products
Developed for Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
Website
http://www.deadisland.com

feel

Class 3 and 4 are too far away, I hope this is a serious zombie game with a focus on survival, puzzles, exploration, fear, ammo conservation, etc and not another humorous shallow action game.

edit- eh, didn't refresh, seems like a nice game that I will end up playing with friends, but not what I was hoping for

edit2- actually, this could be good, the preview didn't really let on on how deep the gameplay on this could end up being.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
shuyin_ said:
The music reminded me of Giacchino's Lost Soundtrack
In a trailer for a game set on some island, starting with the close-up of an eye?
Must be a coincidence!

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
A zombie game? Heh.

I'm sure because the trailer showed a kid dying it gave Hilary a little tent in his underpants with how "mature" and "extreme" it was.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
If its first person and in the vein of Borderlands but obviously slower paced then I'll be intrigued. If its over the should 3rd person then ehhhh

I mean, yeah, zombie fatigue etc. etc., but that trailer was fucking awesome, and I'm quite fond of Techland (a lot moreso than they probably deserve, all told).

Fuck it man, I'm in. Let's do this.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
that trailer is incredible. The game has been in development since forever but there were some posts on GAF lately which inspired some sort of hope.

also IGN actually delivered. Who would have thought...

.la1n

I really wasn't going to bother watching this but I actually enjoyed that, means nothing as to whether or not i'll actually like the game.

thefil

Sad trailer. I really don't care for zombies, but even I think it was an excellent short.

No interest in the game, though.

soultron

Banned
Dead Rising really wasn't for me, though I did find it fun. Haven't sunk enough time into L4D to say anything, really -- but the lack of overarching story doesn't do much good for me.

This seems to carry a more serious tone to it. I like the fact they're trying to keep it ground in reality and not having stockpiles of projectile weapons sitting around.

Coop and RPG elements sound awesome.

Since I don't trust IGN, I'll wait for other previews before I get hyped. I like the Call of Juarez stuff, so I'm down with Techland, however. They have my good faith.

Neuromancer said:
I was just thinking, Condemned with zombies sounds pretty awesome to me.

This. Hope they took notes from Condemned for the combat.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I am hoping this will be a deeper experience than all the other zombie games. Dead rising was fun and all, but it was a pretty shallow game overall.

Raide

wwm0nkey said:
You guys need to stop bitching about it being a zombie game. Start bitching about the 100 war games every year.

At this moment, Dead Island has me way more excited that another CoD game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom