• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: The Last Guardian cancelled, mayhaps; Sony: Nope - Stage XI: Mole Hunt

Who should be banned from NeoGAF?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

Rohde's tweet is pretty damn arrogant in actuality.

"Oh yes, Yosp and I had a hearty laugh that people might think a game we haven't shown or discussed in any substantive way for nearly five years might be canceled. Silly little plebeians!!"

It's actually nearly more infuriating than IGN's article given the tone deafness of it.

What the fuck did i just read.

BearPawB

Banned
How sony handles moles:

giphy.gif

They are likely currently talking with Sony PR (who I'm guessing called them). Taking the story down would have many saying they are trying to hide evidence of their mistake. They need to issue a retraction above the article after confirmation from Sony that the rumor is not true. I understand the Rohdes tweet, but it needs to be confirmed from Sony by phone or email or whatever. Like a more official way.
I love video games - I really do, but immediacy is not actually required here, is it? I was as crestfallen as anyone at the beginning of the thread, but I would imagine an 'Oops, we got this one wrong' would suffice. At some point.

It's 3AM (EST) on a Saturday before E3. Is someone really waking a Sony executive up right now over this?

justjim89

It's pretty hilarious that, in spite of how much the communities hate each other, /v/ and neogaf pretty much become the same place anytime IGN fucks up.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
What if it's really cancelled?

I love video games - I really do, but immediacy is not actually required here, is it? I was as crestfallen as anyone at the beginning of the thread, but I would imagine an 'Oops, we got this one wrong' would suffice. At some point.

It's 3AM (EST) on a Saturday before E3. Is someone really waking a Sony executive up right now over this?

Seems like someone woke Scott Rohdes up over it

agree. and this will kind of make or break IGN. If they were right they actually will get believed very well. If not "the Last Guardian cancellation" will almost become a meme against IGN imo.

People posting pictures on NeoGaf is not going to "make or break" IGN, much as I might like that to actually happen.

fade_

"Oh yes, Yosp and I had a hearty laugh that people might think a game we haven't shown or discussed in any substantive way for nearly five years might be canceled. Silly little plebeians!!"

It's actually nearly more infuriating than IGN's article given the tone deafness of it.

Except they have no obligation to show anything they don't think is ready. A journalist has an obligation to make sure what they are writing is accurate.

tensuke

GAF about to go down. But gat damn this was the most entertaining thread in a while. I hit rock bottom for a few minutes there, followed by reluctant exuberance, to somewhere in between. But this is NeoGAF dammit, and I'll be damned if I ever stop believing.

You're an idiot.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Ok, first of all, as I said, this is the billionth thing IGN has done to show they're shit. When they did their XBOv.PS4 tech comparisons, they made a knowingly deceptive chart that was not only wildly inaccurate, but made it seem as if the two were nearly equal. They consistently fail to edit the garbage out of their reviews, which feature endless errors, factual inaccuracies and fucking garbage bin writing.

And now they do this? If they got a rumour wrong, that's fine. It happens. When Scott Rhodes says your rumour is wrong without any hesitation, no caveats, then you change your article and say you're mistaken. It's that simple. They have a duty to do that for their customers who click their articles and pay for their atrocious site with ad revenue.

Why is it that people think not getting angry at things like that equals maturity?

Not to mention they ran a story about Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley forcing Amy Hennig out of Naughty Dog, and they were forced to make a statement about it correcting the IGN story.

They are now a complete laughing stock, just as bad as Polygon if you ask me.

If it's really cancelled, and Scott Rhodes made that tweet... he needs to be fired immediately, and Sony deserves to lose this E3.

Well and the fact the official Playstation Twitter account re-tweeted his comment as well would make it one of, if not THE cruelest lie in gaming.

Issun23

Wow, I've never seen that footage before... that was amazing. I just got the feeling that they melded the greatest aspects of Ico and SotC together with that footage. I never realized this until now, but that creature is like our own little puppy colossus. Hope they kept that aspect intact.

That aspect is at the very heart of the game. Sony wouldn't bother keeping the game if they changed it so much.

The game was previewed to the media in March 2011 too. Here's an article describing a short segment of gameplay.

Frolow

Banned
Lol man just take your L

You don't have to lie to make friends.

Surely you dont expect people to believe in this lame excuse right?

..so you're just gonna shrug it off like its nothing

..uh-huh
Holy shit I'm dying. God bless GAF.

Whoa... if you didn't mean it, why did you post it?
Because posting bait comments on Youtube is fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom