• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: The Last Guardian cancelled, mayhaps; Sony: Nope - Stage XI: Mole Hunt

Who should be banned from NeoGAF?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Not to mention they ran a story about Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley forcing Amy Hennig out of Naughty Dog, and they were forced to make a statement about it correcting the IGN story.

They are now a complete laughing stock, just as bad as Polygon if you ask me.

Shit I forgot about that. That's one of their worst offenses too

Ishan

Not to mention they ran a story about Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley forcing Amy Hennig out of Naughty Dog, and they were forced to make a statement about it correcting the IGN story.

They are now a complete laughing stock, just as bad as Polygon if you ask me.

frankly on ign i trust the ps4 crew aka miller and colin apart from that i just take it with a grain of salt. But as i said their credibility is totally on the line on this.

RoKKeR

GAF turning off soon, peace out fellas, it's been real.

Seriously, one for the books to be sure.

EDIT: Guess it's not going down after all!

Zeliard

So gromph finished up maintenance in the blink of an eye, actually.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we are well-prepared for E3 this year.

famous last words?!

FleetFeet

That makes it sound like they only ever had the one source.

Man, this whole thing stinks of shit... fucking hell. I mean, we will know shortly, I believe, so why go ahead and attempt to post click bait of this magnitude days away from the biggest event in the industry? Oh right, because the gaming community is rabid when it comes to juicy rumors and this will bank a great amount of revenue before the big event. I'm jaded and apathetic with regards to this industry as it is... why the fuck do they have to actively keep pushing me in this direction???

smellybutz.jpg

Espi

Banned
Can these PR guys ever admit when they're wrong? They always try so ridiculously hard to save face, then when they finally realize it's a pointless endeavor, they pull out the "people make mistakes, move on" card.

One day, one of them will lead off with that instead of saving it to the end and pretending their readers are idiots.

Bsigg12

If it was going to be shown on Monday, wouldn't it have been better to just keep your mouth shut for 40 hours?

Na, look at where we're at in 1 hour of a rumor from IGN. Had Rhodes or someone from Sony not chimed in, this thread would be just as long all in anger. Right now, it's just making fun of IGN since Sony is denying it.

viveks86

Tinfoil hat time: Sony deliberately planted the rumor so IGN can report it like fact and get laughed at. #Revenge #NeilDruckmannStrikesBack

Rohde's tweet is pretty damn arrogant in actuality.

"Oh yes, Yosp and I had a hearty laugh that people might think a game we haven't shown or discussed in any substantive way for nearly five years might be canceled. Silly little plebeians!!"

It's actually nearly more infuriating than IGN's article given the tone deafness of it.

Is this post serious? I don't understand if this is sarcasm, or not...

Xenon

It has not been canceled, it's been handed over to Naughty Dog. They ditched the bird like creature and have given the main character a huge arsenal of weapons. Then replaced the emotional driven story with kick ass over the top action sequences. :p

Why would Sony ever let the hopeful LG fish off the hook?

BY2K

Membero Americo
So gromph finished up maintenance in the blink of an eye, actually.

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we are well-prepared for E3 this year.

famous last words?!

Tonight GAF survived 2600 posts in 90 minutes. That's E3 level of traffic.

I believe.

So, now that I don't want to go to IGN again (what a love-hate relationship, that), where can I go to watch all the E3 conferences Monday?

Well and the fact the official Playstation Twitter account re-tweeted is comment as well would make it one of, if not THE cruelest lie in gaming.

I'd trust Scott Rohde's tweet more than the official twitter account, personally.

Scott is a WWS VP, whereas whoever's handling the official Playstation twitter could very well be a media-agency contractor.

Amir0x

Banned
NeoGAF just received word that Yoshida is going to announce Last Guardian exclusively on these forums, and so they have to keep maintenance waiting for a little while longer

You should ask him why they posted that it was "officially cancelled" on their twitter when it was a rumor from IGN Russia
I don't think there's an answer to that that would satisfy anyone.

This whole thing didn't make sense, from start all the way to now. It was just a cluster fuck of games journalism.

TyrantII

Rohde's tweet is pretty damn arrogant in actuality.

"Oh yes, Yosp and I had a hearty laugh that people might think a game we haven't shown or discussed in any substantive way for nearly five years might be canceled. Silly little plebeians!!"

It's actually nearly more infuriating than IGN's article given the tone deafness of it.

Soony.

Deal with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom