• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm buying a XBOX One in like 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

lmao. Another Watch Dogs or Wolfenstein thread.

mygod was this the 4th thread this been asked?

go with watch Dogs

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Stuff like this confuses me. I, too, will eventually purchase an Xbox One due largely to the MCC, but before that I have no reason to. The other games currently available obviously didn't compel you to purchase the console; it's a collection several months away that did. So why not just wait, possibly to even get it at a cheaper price, whether used or through sales? lol

Anyway, I don't know what to suggest for you to get because I don't have either console yet (PS4/Xbox), but if I had to choose I would tell you to get Forza.

jond76

Banned
I only have Watch Dogs so I can't comment on Wolf. But I definitely recommend Watch Dogs. I think its a lot of fun. Not sure why there's so much raging bitterness aimed at it.

Wait for GOTY Version of Watch_Dogs and that DLC mess to be over.
The season pass gives you all the pre-order retailer exclusive shit so you won't miss out on anything except for that PS4 exclusive thing which you never had a chance of getting on Xbox One anyway. If you want to save money though, feel free to wait for GOTY edition.

Get Wolfenstein, awesome single player shooters need to be played.

Saganator

Get Wolf, beat it, trade it in for Watch Dogs. They're both great games, WD has more content, though. I put over 50 hours into WD and continued playing after I beat it, but Wolfenstein I beat and that was it.

w00zey

tough choice between the two and maybe I am too late. I enjoyed both but they are such different experiences. I liked how wolftenstein did perks and it is a solid length. That said I really enjoyed the gameplay mechanics of WD once I opened up more skills.

In the end are you in the mood for a 3rd person action game of 1st person?

Jito

Banned
I only have Watch Dogs so I can't comment on Wolf. But I definitely recommend Watch Dogs. I think its a lot of fun. Not sure why there's so much raging bitterness aimed at it.

Probably because it's a lifeless, open world Ubisoft collectothon with the worst main character of all time? That's just my guess.

unbias

I enjoyed Wolf a lot more but played Watch Dogs more, simply do to length. So depends on how long you go until you pick-up another game. Wolfenstein is my vote though.

shandy706

I'm pretty sure the people of Chicago hate me (and I have amazing rep).

I won't even let a firetruck get to an emergency.

lciphg.gif

Definitely get Guacamelee as soon as possible.. Picked it up last week with no idea what to expect and I love itm probably my game of the year so far (never played the 2013 original) Free this month too.

Mesoian

The season pass gives you all the pre-order retailer exclusive shit so you won't miss out on anything except for that PS4 exclusive thing which you never had a chance of getting on Xbox One anyway. If you want to save money though, feel free to wait for GOTY edition.

Get Wolfenstein, awesome single player shooters need to be played.

I don't want to endorse this sort of Pre-order retail exclusive nonsense. It's dumb. I'll vote with my wallet and just wait, there's plenty of other things to play right now anyway.

It's a dull open world game that doesn't make full use of its core conceit (hack everything!) and ends up being an also-ran. Also, it's a Ubisoft game (filler sidequests/collectibles/repetition). I will give it props for having a stealth option that is rare in these kind of games.

FZW

Without having played either, Wolfy. And good move, I love my X1. I just haven't touched it in a while because the system is loud as fuck when playing any game. Haven't gotten around to sending it to MS :x

Just waiting for both to drop sub 20 tho. Don't crucify me, GAF!

You should definitely talk to MS, my X1 is the most quiet console i ever owned. It shouldnt be loud.

oh and OP, get Wolfy

I'm pretty sure the people of Chicago hate me (and I have amazing rep).

I won't even let a firetruck get to an emergency.

lciphg.gif

I hate to dampen your enthusiasm.

There is no emergency, they're randomly created but go round in a circle until they're eventually called off. SO ALIVE.

bill0527

Wolfenstein which I think is on sale at Best Buy this week for $40.

Also Dead Rising 3 is a pretty good game for a launch title.

shandy706

I hate to dampen your enthusiasm.

There is no emergency, they're randomly created but go round in a circle until they're eventually called off. SO ALIVE.

Dampen my enthusiasm?

They should spawn more often...I could use some more laughs at red-lights. Heck, give me 2/3rds of the traffic as ambulances and firetrucks. I want to mess up some innocent bystanders.

They could have called this red-light wreck simulator and I'd probably play it. I can't be the only person that sets off every red-light on my way to every mission and event?? Or when just walking around, can I?

heh

both of them are crossgen

=P, I don't know which one, wolfenstein seems to beat all the right notes about what a great fps is made of. You seem to like fps so it's a great choice.

Watch Dogs seems a pretty good game too though, but i don't think gaf is the best unbiased place to ask. Lots of ubisoft hate, as well as their style of open world games.

It should be cool though to have people answering why instead of just posting the name of the game

quickwhips

Its cool your getting it but I wouldn't buy games just to get games. I would have waited for master collection and lived off games for gold.

Watch Dogs all the way. Totally worth it, amazing experience. Easily one of the strongest next gen games out so far. My personal opinion is getting Wolfenstein over Watch Dogs would be a huge mistake. That isn't because I somehow feel Wolfenstein is this bad game, but largely because I think Watch Dogs is such a fantastic game that's a lot more interesting.

Watch Dogs, wolfenstien is about 7 hours and has no replay value or mp.
ikMcwVazqBniT.png

Wolfenstein is a game I actually want to replay for the amount of time that Watch Dogs takes to complete. 2 timeline playthroughs for extra characters/cutscenes/rooms/health and armour collectibles, then there is the 999 playthrough.

Two Words

Are we gonna have a "I'm buying an X" thread every time somebody decides to share their purchase? I thought that's why we have a Playstation and Xbox thread.

Also, I just realized on Windows, Xbox is a recognized word, but Playstation isn't.

JaggedSac

Got nostalgic with a couple guys from work about Halo and they immediately got online and purchased some Bones for the MCC.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wolfeinstein NO or Watch_dogs?
I wouldn't bother with either of those games, personally. Definitely make sure to get Guacamelee, though! It's a $14.99 digital game, but it's free right now for gold members. I'd also recommend Child of Light and Battlefield 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom