• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm buying a XBOX One in like 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cripterion

I wouldn't recommend a game you'll finish in an afternoon without any replay value whatsoever. Then again I wouldn't go for Watch Dogs on Xbox One.

npa189

Wolf is the surprise hit of the year and just a solid 12hrs of ass kicking fun. Watch Dogs is bargain bin fodder. There could have been a great game somewhere in it, but its just cheesy GTA. Its the Assassin's Creed 1 of this gen.

I can't recommend either of those, but here's a great selection to get you started:

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
Max: The Curse of the Brotherhood
Killer Instinct
Dead Rising 3

And if you haven't played it yet, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition is a must have.

Tall Paul

Defo Wolfenstein, I had Watch Dogs and whilst I didn't actually hate it, I started to not care after a few days, so said it all really. Having not played Tomb Raider before (gaming for years and never bothered with it) the definitive edition is worth getting if you can find it for a good price, great fun.

Also Valiant Hearts...

200.gif

Great game.

1 Titanfall
2 peggle 2
3 Plants vs zombies
4 Forza
5 Dead rising 3

Edit: wolf was just good. Bought watchdogs on release, played 3 hours and haven't touched it since.

shandy706

Dead Rising 3 is out on PC in September. You don't need a next gen console for it either.

He should double dip.

No reason to wait nearly 3 months, toss that $$$ around.

Edit** Wait, OP didn't say he has a PC...may not be an option.

TrueGrime

I think Wolfenstien is awesome, but I absolutely loved Watch Dogs. I'd go with WD's for the story and fuck.. it's fucking open world.

I wouldn't recommend a game you'll finish in an afternoon without any replay value whatsoever. Then again I wouldn't go for Watch Dogs on Xbox One.

lolwut

Hope you're not talking about Wolfie there. 15-20 hours (longer if you like to explore and collect and are on higher difficulties). There's a second timeline, a 999 mode, and a walk in the park mode (no HUD). It has replay value.

Yudoken

I find it difficult to be amazed by the Bone.
Is there anything besides Killer Instinct which could be interesting for me?
The current games look boring/are rehashes/or are available on pc (which automatically kills most Bone games).
The most promising are maybe coming out 2015 (Kamiya's new game, Sunset overdrive looked just ok).
Maybe there is something really interesting I missed out.

I hate to dampen your enthusiasm.

There is no emergency, they're randomly created but go round in a circle until they're eventually called off. SO ALIVE.

Incorrect, I saw them save 2 women, a baby and a family of puppies from a burning building while in the middle of citywide blackout and a gang related shootout. :p

Just kidding, I've never actually followed them to see where they go.

shandy706

Thanks for your help!

I'm willing to trade Forza 5 code.

You should play it, unless you hate racing games....lol.

Awesome car selection and detail. You can crank it up to arcade level assists.

I have a digital copy of Titanfall to get rid of....but don't need Forza 5. :(

Kelsey

Banned
I guess I'm just a contrarian. I found Watch Dogs to be much more fun than Wolfenstein. But I wouldn't advise paying full price for either.

Man....That Master Chief Collection is reaaaally making me consider picking up an Xbox One. Even if it's just for that game alone, I think it would be worth it to me.

I already have a PS4, so I'm really not sure... Damn this indecision! I'm patiently awaiting Destiny, but it would be nice to have some sort of multiplayer FPS right now. Is Titanfall worth buying the One early (before the Master Chief Collection)? What about Forza?

Man....That Master Chief Collection is reaaaally making me consider picking up an Xbox One. Even if it's just for that game alone, I think it would be worth it to me.

I already have a PS4, so I'm really not sure... Damn this indecision! I'm patiently awaiting Destiny, but it would be nice to have some sort of multiplayer FPS right now. Is Titanfall worth buying the One early (before the Master Chief Collection)? What about Forza?

Titanfall is an amazingly great time, can't say the same about forza as I'm not a fan of the genre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom