• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm upset that I still can't find a Switch in stores

Week one or two, I saw two Switches sitting on the shelf at Wal-Mart and I haven't seen one since.

Part of me kind of wishes I got one just because of their scarcity but that would be the only reason.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I like happy ending threads like this.

image.php

It's funny cause The Switch is readily available over in Germany for the standard retail price of 329,- Euro including tax. It's been that way for about two weeks now, you can also still order the discounted Splatoon 2 Bundle for 369 Euro.

And it is selling quite well, mind you, best selling console over there, ranked at 4th place, only beaten by Fifa and Crash and of course SPLATOON on 1st place

they are more rare here but it seems the launch of Splatoon also got us a pretty decent re-stock. Saw both a few rare Splatoon bundles and quite a few normal Switch consoles in stores here. Wonder how long they will last

I mean. Honestly it doesn't seem like there are too many games right now anyway, right? Arms, Splat2n, and BotW? Better off waiting anyway, rather than buying into the hype.

By then some of the initial hardware issues will hopefully have been resolved (scratched screens, e.g.)

Sunday never counted but they've been getting liberal with the definition of two day shipping.

Also getting liberal with the "guaranteed" delivery date, at least in my experience.

I mean. Honestly it doesn't seem like there are too many games right now anyway, right? Arms, Splat2n, and BotW? Better off waiting anyway, rather than buying into the hype.

By then some of the initial hardware issues will hopefully have been resolved (scratched screens, e.g.)

A) The OP already got one, B) there are a hell of a lot of good games only 4 months in, obviously depending on your taste or if you've played them before (I have 18 good games, the only one I've played before in a way is MK8D) and C) the screen scratching was an incredibly overblown issue that seemingly very few people have actually reported. And it had to do with damaged docks.

OryoN

Plenty stores got restocked today. Here's a plab b, if you weren't lucky enough to snag one (and if this bundle appeals to you).

Target bundle in stock

$499. But great if you're interested in Zelda and Maroi Kart. Comes with pro controller and carrying case.

I flew into the U. S. last Thursday.

I'm currently in Oklahoma, I left out of Sacramento, CA on a cross country drive on Monday.

Every store I've stopped in on my trip has had Switches in stock so far. Until I saw this thread I thought the draught was over.

There were Switches at the Target near West Sacramento, I noticed Switches at a Gamestop near Moreno Valley, CA, and saw more in a Walmart in Flagstaff, AZ.

I haven't needed to stop anywhere that would sell games since AZ, though.

I flew into the U. S. last Thursday.

I'm currently in Oklahoma, I left out of Sacramento, CA on a cross country drive on Monday.

Every store I've stopped in on my trip has had Switches in stock so far. Until I saw this thread I thought the draught was over.

There were Switches at the Target near West Sacramento, I noticed Switches at a Gamestop near Medina Valley, CA, and saw more in a Walmart in Flagstaff, AZ.

I haven't needed to stop anywhere that would sell games since AZ, though.

Seems like you're pretty lucky. The prices online are $80-100 above MSRP, so the shortage is still rather widespread.

duckyofalarcon

Neo Member
I live in Orlando and, other than launch day, I've only ever seen 1 Switch in stock at a target one time. Oddly enough on launch day I picked mine up and everyone in line got one and they still had like a dozen extra for walk-ins.

Shifty1897

Doesn't help I'm losing interest due to the lack of stock.

I don't think you are. One day next year you're going to see one of these on the shelf and freak out and buy it before you even have a chance to process whether or not it's a good decision. It happened to the 80 million people who bought the Wii.

EDIT: HE GOT ONE! Let's play Puyo Puyo Tetris together once my copy comes in next week!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's strange how different this is here in Europe. I was in an electronics store here in Sweden today, and there were STACKS of them. At least 30 in total, just waiting to be grabbed. And that's in a single store.

It's strange how different this is here in Europe. I was in an electronics store here in Sweden today, and there were STACKS of them. Probably 50 or something in total, just waiting to be grabbed. And that's in a single store.
Depends on where you are. The U.S. is huge. Ive seen a few stacks of them on my trip across, but that doesn't mean they are readily available everywhere.

For reference, I started driving on Monday. I'm only half way across the U.S. today*. That's driving about ~120KPH.

*I drove down the length of California on the first day and took a day to see the Grand Canyon on the way...

dankir

As far as stock. I feel completely left out as a Nintendo fan. I can't find one of these things. Nintendo always promises they'll have plenty and it always turns out to be a complete lie. All these new games coming out and I'm probably not even going to be able to play them till next year maybe.

Doesn't help I'm losing interest due to the lack of stock.

Well you should have pre ordered buddy. Upset lol.

It's strange how different this is here in Europe. I was in an electronics store here in Sweden today, and there were STACKS of them. At least 30 in total, just waiting to be grabbed. And that's in a single store.

depends on which part of europe too. Seems Scandinavian countries like yours had little to no stock problems. quite a bit different here. luckily. A decent amount of new consoles were shipped to my city with the Splatoon 2 launch

nowai

I feel similar to the OP. If I could have got a neon version easily, I would have. Knowing now that mon hun is coming to PS4/PC, I have zero interest until Mario.

I did buy a WiiU pretty much only for Bayo originally, so I could see myself buying it for Mario and then loving it in the end. Right now though, my interest is fading. I'd rather put that money toward a new 4k gsync monitor from Asus that is launching later this year.

sugarman

I was about to post how my city has no stock but I decided to check bestbuy.ca again before I posted. And now I own the neon Splat2n bundle :D

Neonep

I feel similar to the OP. If I could have got a neon version easily, I would have. Knowing now that mon hun is coming to PS4/PC, I have zero interest until Mario.

I did buy a WiiU pretty much only for Bayo originally, so I could see myself buying it for Mario and then loving it in the end. Right now though, my interest is fading. I'd rather put that money toward a new 4k gsync monitor from Asus that is launching later this year.

Better to get it now and keep it on ice for Mario than to try and get one when Mario drops because it will be the holiday season.

Well, I finally saw them today. Best Buy had one neon (which someone bought while I was there) and about a dozen greys. So, yeah, if you didn't check Best buy today, you might have missed out.

Random tip, most were behind the counter, not on the shelves, so ask about them if you go.

For those that have seen them today at Best Buy are they listed as being in stock on the website?

I called Best Buy and they say they're not selling them until Sunday :/

That's really weird as when I was in BB earlier today, they were pretty much selling them to anyone that was asking about it due to the release of Splatoon 2. I mean, unless they were holding them for Sunday due to the ad flyer, it's odd that they wouldn't sell to you today.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I actually got like SUPER LUCKY the other day, walked into Game Stop buying Final Fantasy XII and decided to ask them if they knew when they might get 'em---turned out they just got FOUR systems in so I bought one right then and there. Totally good luck.

Top Bottom