• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imageepoch, the savior of JRPGs, brings acclaimed hentai JRPG Toushin Toshi to 3DS

hahaha toushin toushi without ero scene on 3ds by imagepooch seriously (lol)? so much wrong in this i can't stop laughing.
this obviously a downgrade:p

stuff like tears to tiara and utawarerumono could work without ero,but i can't imagine how this would work. TT usually have lots of ero scene some contain hardcore ero stuff.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Was ARF even any good to begin with?
Yep. It's a pretty solid game under the bad English VA. Had a decent staff, too:

Producer: Hideyuki Mizutani
Director: Hiroyuki Kanemaru (Tales of Symphonia)
Scenario: Takumi Miyajima (Tales of the Abyss)
Music Director: Yasunori Mitsuda (with Harada and Tsuchiya doing the bulk of the really good stuff)
Character design: Kenichi Yoshida (Eureka 7)
Rogress Design: Shin Nagasawa (Bahamut Lagoon)

Kanemaru moved on to being an event planner for Time & Eternity. (Haha, this is honestly the second time this week this game's been brought up for me--I wrote some good stuff about it here and here.)

Kagami

hahaha toushin toushi without ero scene on 3ds by imagepooch seriously (lol)? so much wrong in this i can't stop laughing.
this obviously a downgrade:p

stuff like tears to tiara and utawarerumono could work without ero,but i can't imagine how this would work. TT usually have lots of ero scene some contain hardcore ero stuff.

It's not that hard to imagine, although it'll be a somewhat different experience from the original Toushin Toshi 2.
The core dungeon crawling gameplay can stay the same, as well as most of the main story, so that should still captivate players.

The partner-as-prize element in the gladiator battles will be removed I assume, which means the associated side-character stories will have to be removed also, or be heavily altered, but if they can come up with equally entertaining replacements, it won't be the end of the world (a big "if," but hey).
The angel
-eater
stuff...will have to change but the temptation element can probably be sort of approximated with risque images if they go for a CERO D rating.
The
final event in the game
is probably impossible though; I guess they'll just replace it with something else. That's a bit of a shame considering its impact but eh that's non-adult games for ya.

Not that I'd bother to play this neutered version myself. :p

spiritfox

Oh imageepoch I had high hopes for you... Years ago. How is it that despite all the names they bring in they keep churning out mediocre titles?

hongcha

This is pretty surprising news, but I'm excited about it. So far I have really enjoyed about half of imageepoch's output, and really disliked the other half. For example, I loved Sol Trigger, 7th Dragon 2020, Criminal Girls and Tokitowa. I did not enjoy Arc Rise Fantasia (terrible game!), Last Ranker (just mediocre), 7th Dragon (ditto) or Last Promise Story (terrible again). I seem to have the opposite opinion of many people here. lol

Anyway, I'll keep my eye on this one. I thought it would have been for the Vita, sorta surprised they went with the 3DS.

Kagami

What's interesting to me is that unless I'm forgetting something, this is the first time Alicesoft has ever had a game machine port of one of their titles, aside from their brief experiment with BL stuff under the Alice Blue label.
With talk of their main man Tada retiring after the Rance series finishes with Rance 10, I wonder if Alice is going to dig up more of their classic games and try to make money off console/handheld ports. Most of their games have sex pretty heavily integrated into the gameplay and story, though, so they'd have their work cut out for them. (Then again, somehow GBA & PS2 versions of F&C's Natural 2 -DUO- got made, so if you can convert a BDSM slave-training game into something with a CERO12 rating, I guess anything is possible.)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
What's interesting to me is that unless I'm forgetting something, this is the first time Alicesoft has ever had a game machine port of one of their titles, aside from their brief experiment with BL stuff under the Alice Blue label.
With talk of their main man Tada retiring after the Rance series finishes with Rance 10, I wonder if Alice is going to dig up more of their classic games and try to make money off console/handheld ports. Most of their games have sex pretty heavily integrated into the gameplay and story, though, so they'd have their work cut out for them. (Then again, somehow GBA & PS2 versions of F&C's Natural 2 -DUO- got made, so if you can convert a BDSM slave-training game into something with a CERO12 rating, I guess anything is possible.)

I'd love HD versions of the Rance games. :D Although I'll probably have to make due with handheld, but a few of their games won't make it to consoles period.

Ennoia

Banned
Toushin(god of gladiators) toushi(city) series is based on a simple rule: Every contestant must bring a female partner with him, and the winner of arena can do "anything"(literally) to the female partner, and it is not hard to imagine what will happen.

So it's a Hentai game from the soul, I am curios about how could they revise the foundation of the series……

Well, this is novelty.

GeekyDad

But you can have 3D titties and touch "things".

otaku-gintama-ds.gif

Don't know about the whole "touch things" thing, but we should be getting some 3D teets here soon with Senran Kagura Burst. But yeah, full penetration would be a good sell, I think.

LordJim

Rance is supposedly amazing, an epic in every sense of the word. This should be a great release.

Rance is a 25 year old series by now with more than a dozen entries. There have been good and bad releases, and not indicative of every Alicesoft release.

As forTT2 , it is a decent old school dungeon crawler on it's own, but that is it.
Granted, the remake could improve on a lot of things. I wonder if they will just cut the ero scenes or rework the plot so even allusions to all adult content is off.
Both methods have been used for many of the ports of ero games(which were never really localized)

Zornica

Banned
regarding the original... how much ero are we talking? like ranging from suggestive images to unpixelated hardcore?

jdkluv

I guess I should rather play the original.

based jrpg saviors Imageepoch

The Growlanser artist is a lot better if you're into the erotica stuff IMO.

Best Urushihara:

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/s280idT.jpg[/IMG]

God, I love this man.

hongcha

Pics, info:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201310/24042133.html

l_5267e25d97de6.jpg

l_5267e25dda45c.jpg

l_5267e25e66ca2.jpg

l_5267e25e7c078.jpg

l_5267e25d664f5.jpg

l_5267e25ce217d.jpg

killatopak

OG erogamer reporting for roll call.

iDuiHonrYD30W.jpg

Like it says in the thread title, it was pretty acclaimed at the time.
I'm not as big a fan of it as some people, but it's a solid RPG.
With the sex scenes eliminated, though, I wonder what they'll do with
the final boss power-up trap. I guess maybe they can still tease something to achieve the same effect on the player's curiosity.

Have you played Fate/Extra on the PSP? There's a similar scene where they have to 'transfer' prana to Saber. Should be something like that. Not exactly sex scene but it implies that something of the sort happened off-screen.

Top Bottom