• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imageepoch, the savior of JRPGs, brings acclaimed hentai JRPG Toushin Toshi to 3DS

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I wish i hadnt read that : (

Its hardly far from the "best" game while its not bad its not great either. Id say its an average game at best that is enjoyable.

Since hitting the max level isnt all that hard after that the only real reason to keep fighting is to level up the monster girls and getting money to do that. Which kills any sort of amusement from fighting at all which turns it into a chore.

Its hardly far from the "best" game while its not bad its not great either. Id say its an average game at best that is enjoyable.

Since hitting the max level isnt all that hard after that the only real reason to keep fighting is to level up the monster girls and getting money to do that. Which kills any sort of amusement from fighting at all which turns it into a chore.

i was kind of joking, I mean, i have seen the screenshot in miiverse , is obvious that they put a lot of effort in fan service, so other aspects f the game would definitely suffer from that

Parakeetman

i was kind of joking, I mean, i have seen the screenshot in miiverse , is obvious that they put a lot of effort in fan service, so other aspects f the game would definitely suffer from that

No no my reply to you was in order to let you know that Id take what hongcha says with a grain of salt.

Game is hardly worth being on the same level as Bravely Default. lol

hongcha

No no my reply to you was in order to let you know that Id take what hongcha says with a grain of salt.

Game is hardly worth being on the same level as Bravely Default. lol

It is for me. I could do with less of your condescending tone as well.

A few hours post tourney and the game has taken
a very dark turn
. I am finally seeing why this is Cero D instead of Cero C.

Parakeetman

Yep had a feeling this would happen.

Obviously dont read the spoiler if you actually intend to play the game.

the rest of the story continues once you beat the tourny level cap is also released. The way the level up goddess talked of the player reaching the lv 40 cap pretty much made it obvious that it does go higher. Besides other cues such as remaining monster girls and what not. Seems like this is where the real story will be starting.

Yep had a feeling this would happen.

Obviously dont read the spoiler if you actually intend to play the game.

the rest of the story continues once you beat the tourny level cap is also released. The way the level up goddess talked of the player reaching the lv 40 cap pretty much made it obvious that it does go higher. Besides other cues such as remaining monster girls and what not. Seems like this is where the real story will be starting.

The game is not coming west anyway, so , how many hours to
reach the real story
?

Parakeetman

The game is not coming west anyway, so , how many hours to
reach the real story
?

I took about 40, thats because was messing around early on fighting things I wasnt supposed to and getting to max level way before I was supposed to lol. Had all of the possible monster girl cards maxed out also which does take time and money. Its not exactly "necessary" but it can make a difference later on. Also all of that exp you earned while at the lv 40 cap works towards once you have the cap increased to 99. So if you wanted to you can stay low level fight for a while in the dungeon just to get more exp than if you leveled up dropping the earned rate from monsters.

Parakeetman

Goddamn (dont read the following below obviously if you want to play the game fresh)

is the second half of the game irritating due to a stupid mechanic added where you have a pool of blood that depletes when you move around. Makes going back to other parts of the normal dungeon floors a pain in the ass to open up areas that you couldnt before in the first half of the game due to missing skills. While it works for the story / setting and all that does not mean it works well as a game mechanic.

On the upside though

is that the second half of the game due to the enemies being stronger again the difficulty is increased back to being amusing and fights can be a challenge which requires you to actually think a lot about what monster girls you bring along to take advantage of their skills / stats increases with in battle. Though its more so for me since Im currently taking on the hell levels at lv 50 currently (currently have enough exp to push myself up to 60 if I wanted. Made it to the 3rd floor and already took out the special boss which was a pain due to the way it fights, but made for a good fight none the less as the constant fear of death was there if you screwed up.

to prevent massive grinding constantly, went and kept myself at lv 50 on purpose as you get a lot more exp that way and if you know what you are doing the fights are manageable for the most part. As mentioned above have enough exp stored up to push myself to 60 if necessary which it will be considering this is highly a stats game due to you being the whole party so you cant rely on numbers of party members to make up for lower stats. Which at a point in time your damage output will just not cut it against higher level enemies therefore you would have to level up. That also includes max HP since it is possible if to die from a single hit even if using all 6 AP into defend on certain boss fights.

In closing one thing for sure is at least you will get your moneys worth with this title and that its not the usual garbage imageepoch puts out thankfully. Im curious if the internal team behind the 7th Dragon series was on this project, esp those who worked on 7th Dragon 2020. Hmmm looking at what little info there is does not seem like it.

hongcha

I finished the game today, with about 45 hours on my game clock. The tourney is just
the first half of the game, though the story is less involved (and quite different) in the second half. The second half is more challenging, but still not too difficult.

I finished with all monster cards collected and maxed out along with 500,000G in the bank, ready for the New Game Plus at a later date to do the Sakuya route (I did the Hazuki route first time round). In the New Game Plus you start off with:

-All of your money
-All of your equipment
-All of your skills
-A ring that gives you 3x experience from each fight
They also sell Super White Cards at the shop for 100G.

So basically you have to level up again and collect the monster cards all over again.

Overall I enjoyed this more than Bravely Default, as it had a better end game, difficulty curve and story, along with a better (and larger) cast of characters. Both are great jrpgs, though.

Suffice it to say this is Imageepoch's best game to date. I wouldn't rule out a localisation either, because the quality of this game is way above average and I think at least one company out there will notice this. If stuff like Agarest Senki, Tokitowa, Conception II, Monpiece and Senran Kagura can get localised (all very average or worse games with a similar level of hentai-ish stuff), this has a chance too, even if it would probably be censored a bit.

Top Bottom