• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals of Aveum |OT| Battlemage, The Fist Person Shooter

cormack12

Gold Member
J3wQbV3.jpg

i8PJsxJ.jpg

FrcpfG4.jpg

Vyfd0GR.jpg

e36DrMb.png
EA_GLO_STEAM_IMMORTALS_PDP_BEAUTIFICATION_LOCA_0323_EN.gif

sDvqwtX.jpg

krquNq9.jpg

A7xCK0y.jpg

8vkjgt4.png

XRfP4hA.png

MvSdlyU.png

iwph7p6.jpg

EFRaev7.jpg

Kquelrl.jpg

Kataploom

Gold Member
It really calls my attention, a shame character design is too "american centric" whatever that means, but can get away with it at a discount. Hopefully optimizations are in the game by then

ahtlas7

This Is Bad GIF by CBC

I’m not saying, even though it’s EA, it’ll be bad but, but they have given it a bad release date. Which can be used to shield themselves before investors about low sells numbers. Why would EA do that?

Last edited:
I think this looks cool, I dig lore like this with lots of proper nouns, and the main character is hot.

I’m just curious as to why this game seems to have received not that much marketing.

Braag

A big budget SINGLE PLAYER game and a new IP to boot. Not something I was expecting from EA. Despite it looking kinda cool, it's coming out at a crowded time with not much marketing behind it.
Should've moved to early 2024.
Now if it flops, EA will yet again declare that SP games are dead, until the next Star Wars Jedi game sells gangbusters again.

Really trying to like this game, but the more gameplay I see the more I think I'll wait for a big price drop. That gauntlet is huge, in normal "walking" it takes up almost the entire lower right quadrant of the screen, and when casting some spells both hands can take up over 50% of the screen, and with some added effects, I can't see a thing. Maybe it will be different when I'm playing it, but not going to risk 65 Euros to find out...

Spyxos

Gold Member
When I look at the gameplay it could be fun as a vr game. Only the computers for it have not been released yet.

Fbh

Cool OT!.
The gameplay seems like it could be fun, but I have zero hope for the story which also seems to be a big focus (main character is called Jak? lol)
Also given the PC specs I expect this to be another upscaled 720p 45fps game on Ps5

hlm666

Considering the title there is a complete lack of fisting going on in here, the good news is anyone who buys it will have EA's fist elbow deep where the sun don't shine.

cormack12

Gold Member
Full disclosure I nicked the steam graphic in the middle.

I kind of agree with most. The game actually looks interesting. But it's hitting at a bad time, I really think this would have done better pushed out to Feb. And then had the marketing around the UE5 features.

oji-san

Banned
Cool OT, Thank you.
I'm happy to hear it's running at 60fps on consoles and looking forward to see some gameplay on consoles, tbh i quite like the look of this game but it's on category like games like Saints Row 2022 and Forspoken to me.. games that i will get much further down the line, i like the look of them but not quite sure i will enjoy the full package.

Krathoon

Well shit, the EA store has a sale on the game. You can get the deluxe edition for $62.

It looks like it does not let you upgrade, which is stupid.

Edit: I asked for a refund on my other game key since it was a pre-order.

Last edited:

M.W.

IQ isn't the greatest but the perf looks good. No idea when the review embargo is up, hopefully sometime tomorrow.

SJRB

Gold Member
O man, that livestream is harsh. I can't believe how bland that gameplay looks. How does that even happen?

Visually the game has zero identity, it's all just a generic mess. The levels are generic brown/grey blobs you've seen 100000 times before.

TexMex

Unless reviews are just a disaster I'm probably in. I know it'll be on sale in no time but looking for something to fill a void

SABRE220

Some brief console gameplay. There are no video options (defaults to 60fps mode) and no FOV options. Performance at least looks solid.

I hate to say it but this looks pretty bland and generic visually with pretty particle effects, the game play looks wonky but maybe its the player using a controller.

Top Bottom