• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Bonus game:The Staff of Kings PSP/PS2/DS/Wii)

anandxxx

davidjaffe said:
Ooooh, Fate of Atlantis?!?! Shit, I'm in.

Hell, who am I kidding? I was in when they said INDIANA JONES.

And I actually thing those screens look potentially fun.

And now Atlantis?

When is this thing out?!?!

David

Jesus, what a self-absorbed asshole...

J/K. I love this guy! He gave me a free copy of God of War! What did Miyamoto ever give me?

nightside

fate of atlantis O_O....

the bonus games looks pretty shitty..but who knows..could be fun...

Sloane said:
LucasArts is so stupid. They could easily re-release all their classic adventure games for like 10 bucks each on WiiWare, with added pointer support obviously. But instead we get just FoA as a free bonus to a game that looks like shit?

so they can re-relase their classic adventure games for like 50 bucks :lol

Sloane

Banned
LucasArts is so stupid. They could easily re-release all their classic adventure games for like 10 bucks each on WiiWare, with added pointer support obviously. But instead we get just FoA as a free bonus to a game that looks like shit?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Sloane said:

Been saying this for a long time. It's like they try to hide their good history. It's not like those games are hard to emulate ahem.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
AstroLad said:
Been saying this for a long time. It's like they try to hide their good history. It's not like those games are hard to emulate ahem.

They hide their good history because it makes the LucasArts of today look bad.

XGoldenboyX

Just to let you know......

The game is seriouslly much better looking then these screenshots...

Id say one of the best Wii games visually!

60fps triple buffering
bloom
anisotropic x4
soft shadows
full depth of field
indirect texturing
16:9
480p

XGoldenboyX said:

60fps triple buffering
bloom
anisotropic x4
soft shadows
full depth of field
indirect texturing
480p
So why the poor screens?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Jaded Alyx said:
So why the poor screens?

Wii Game - Metroid Prime 3 also looked like shit on some official screens prior to its release.

XGoldenboyX said:

60fps triple buffering
bloom
anisotropic x4
soft shadows
full depth of field
indirect texturing
480p

I hope so, because these screens look as palatable as the developer's name suggests.

Gino

Sounds great. The screens look like there are all kinds of things in the environment you can hook/hit with your whip to help you take out enemies. Seems like a really good Idea for an indy game.

Hears hoping it is good... also the fact that it has Fate of Atlantis with Wii pointer controls is a great selling point for me.

Hmm seems Western support is progressing on the Wii as well. But why the horrid art-style? Why not some psuedo cell shading or something similar?

RobbieNick

Some of you people are really pathetic. It's a Wii game that's also on PS2 and PSP so OF COURSE you're going to get PS2 graphics.

SWTFU was BETTER on Wii than 360 IMO. Didn't have that stupid Star Destroyer mission, had multiplayer and the motion controls were actually fun for a change.

That's the problem with GAF. Everyone is so quick to rush to judgment. I say, Rent before you vent. Try before you cry.

witness

XGoldenboyX said:

60fps triple buffering
bloom
anisotropic x4
soft shadows
full depth of field
indirect texturing
480p

Sounds nice, want some gameplay vids then! I never played FoA but I'm really looking forward to it and this game whenever it comes out.

Tobor

XGoldenboyX said:

60fps triple buffering
bloom
anisotropic x4
soft shadows
full depth of field
indirect texturing
480p

Nice. I was probably buying it anyway, but this news plus FoA makes it definite.

Neomoto

I'm definitely interested. Thought the screens look terrible. Seriously, Wii and PS2 can do much better (and I'm not even talking about first party games). But perhaps it's just a bad screencapture thing, so I'll wait for videos first. I really hope it'll be good because it could be very fun to play I think (with Wii pointer / whip).

markatisu

Gameplay videos needed, Wii is notorious for heinous screenshots

But including Fate of Atlantis makes it must buy even if it looks like shit

bryehn

Is fate of Atlantis part of every version? Also, is the PS2 version at least 16:9?

I think I'd rather save a few bucks over the Wii version plus take advantage of the PS3 upscaling.

The quality of those screens looks like they took single frames out of a video they captured. Since you can't record 480p, the best you can get is blurry 480i.

Also, most Wii screenshots look bad when they're taken from the internal buffer since it takes out antialiasing. But that wouldn't account for those blurry textures..

pakkit

Banned
Caesar III said:
The lead platform is the Wii so this game should, at least, reach We Ski in quality.

Even the PSP game Shiggy posted does look better.
God of War PSP looks better than many Wii games, what's your point?

That picture is from Wii Ski and Snowboard, anyway. It's a sequel to a game that sold well, thus more monies. I really think you didn't bring out "average Wii games."

For this PSP-Wii debate, there plenty of PSP games that I think would look great upscaled on Wii. MoH:Heroes 2 didn't look that bad.

I think the Wii is the lead platform, anyway. Also, GoldenBoy needs to reveal his secrets...

Chumly

We've just heard back from a publicist at LucasArts who told us that, while the upcoming Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings will indeed feature LucasArts' seminal adventure gaming classic Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, that bonus "will be on the Wii version only."

From j oystiq

while they're at it, they could toss in the N64 Indiana Jones game too.

indianajones_1108_screen002.jpg

indianajones_1108_screen010.jpg

supposedly a pretty decent Tomb Raider knockoff. Anybody ever play this, or is it best left forgotten?

The title of this product should be "Indiana Jones and the GAME of Kings" and at the end of the game Indiana Jones defeats George Lucas and he gives you Fate of Atlantis and vows to only release awsome adventure games from now on.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
HyperZone<3 said:

supposedly a pretty decent Tomb Raider knockoff. Anybody ever play this, or is it best left forgotten?
I enjoyed it at the time but I don't know how well it would hold up today. They could release it on Virtual Console a week or two before Staff of Kings comes out I suppose.

Spike

HyperZone<3 said:

I own it. It is actually pretty good. They need to release this on VC since it was never released for sale except through BlockBuster Video stores in the US.

Another thing, they should try and release the Emperor's Tomb on the Wii. The GameCube missed out on it last gen, and it was an amazing game.

HyperZone<3 said:

indianajones_1108_screen002.jpg

indianajones_1108_screen010.jpg

Huh, new screens of the Wii version.

While we're on the topic, anyone know of anyplace to get the PC version of Fate of Atlantis? I wouldn't mind giving it a shot on ScummVM for the PSP but I don't own the game.

methodman

Banned
_leech_ said:
While we're on the topic, anyone know of anyplace to get the PC version of Fate of Atlantis? I wouldn't mind giving it a shot on ScummVM for the PSP but I don't own the game.

no

dyls

Chumly said:

From j oystiq

Hopefully that means they will take the time to implement IR controls for FOA. Why not include the game in the PS2 and PSP versions unless there was some added difficulty in making the port.

George Claw M.D. said:

Amazon.com doesn't ship games to Canada (i'm pretty sure) and the Canadian site has it listed as "unavailable", not even available used.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/5551188434/

Haunted

Chumly said:

From j oystiq
Wii SKU the definite version confirmed.

IR pointer controls or bust.
Even the homebrew SCUMMVM has them, so it'd be a bad joke if the game proper didn't.

Top Bottom