• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games 2015 [October] Let's talk about anything Indie!

AFAIK, Indiegogo actually came before Kickstarter.

I agree that it was high profile Kickstarters that made their site go big. Probably stuff like Pebble watch and for gaming, DFA and OUYA. They've also had the most headline making projects, stuff like Potato Salad that was guaranteed to be in every newspaper and really made the public believe you can fund anything on Kickstarter.

Indiegogo cultivated a similar "you can fund anything" reputation, but the bad kind. The site's rules and the projects that get on there just look like a knock-off version of things that couldn't make the cut on Kickstarter, which is why people tend to think Kickstarter came first.

They also seem to have lower accountability with a higher number of projects that just took the money and ran. Which could all be wrong statistically, but realistically this is the reputation they have.

I agree that it was high profile Kickstarters that made their site go big. Probably stuff like Pebble watch and for gaming, DFA and OUYA. They've also had the most headline making projects, stuff like Potato Salad that was guaranteed to be in every newspaper and really made the public believe you can fund anything on Kickstarter.

Indiegogo cultivated a similar "you can fund anything" reputation, but the bad kind. The site's rules and the projects that get on there just look like a knock-off version of things that couldn't make the cut on Kickstarter, which is why people tend to think Kickstarter came first.

They also seem to have lower accountability with a higher number of projects that just took the money and ran. Which could all be wrong statistically, but realistically this is the reputation they have.
And IGG gets the fraction of coverage that Kickstarter gets. So right there, that important aspect of media coverage and getting the word of out, an IGG campaign has a very steep uphill battle

I might be wrong, but I thought Kickstarter technically came first, but the distance between the two was so short, like a week or two, thus the confusion on which came first started.

arcanadei

Been playing Duelyst a bit, and meant to post some impressions earlier. This is a really good game. I see a lot of comparisons to Hearthstone, but I've never played that so can't confirm personally. The game looks and responds very smoothly, I wouldn't guess it was a beta. Saw no issues at all with any aspect of it, it is a very mature product. The gameplay itself is a grid battle, with units based off card decks. Different factions have strengths that alter the gameplay and set them apart of the others. They are all pretty unique and interesting to design strategies for. The online matchmaking is fantastic. I never waited more than a minute to find a match. There is no ingame chat during duels, but you can send a friend request to players after the duel completes. I talked to a few players. They were all very friendly, and helped me to better understand some of the mechanics. The duels are advertised as taking 10-15 min, which was a bit low in my experience. Most games went 20-30 on average. There is also something of a single player mode where the mechanics are introduced and you are challenged to implement what you learned from them. That is absolutely my favorite part of the game. The challenges are fun, and offer a lot of aha! moments. After a few duels, and all the challenges I could unlock, I really began to appreciate the depth of the game. I lost most matches I played, but each time I could see things I should have done differently. Pretty impressive game overall. I will mention, there is a form of IAP whereby you can get new cards, although it does seem this isn't required as you can earn cards just by playing, and craft any card available as well. This is exactly how to do IAP right. I started looking through their forums for general gameplay advise and more info around the crafting. There is a very active community, along with the devs, which is always nice to see. Then things got a bit overwhelming for me. I have no history of playing CCG's, and there is a lot of references and allusions that are just beyond me as a result. For example, someone saying that their opponent was running a blue/black deck so they played ogre style to nullify it. That means absolutely nothing to me, so I am missing out on the finer points of strategy there. Still, overall, very fun, very pretty, and if anyone does have that CCG background and looking for something new to play, highly recommend this one.

Venus Van Dam

Neo Member
Been playing Duelyst a bit, and meant to post some impressions earlier. This is a really good game. I see a lot of comparisons to Hearthstone, but I've never played that so can't confirm personally. The game looks and responds very smoothly, I wouldn't guess it was a beta. Saw no issues at all with any aspect of it, it is a very mature product. The gameplay itself is a grid battle, with units based off card decks. Different factions have strengths that alter the gameplay and set them apart of the others. They are all pretty unique and interesting to design strategies for. The online matchmaking is fantastic. I never waited more than a minute to find a match. There is no ingame chat during duels, but you can send a friend request to players after the duel completes. I talked to a few players. They were all very friendly, and helped me to better understand some of the mechanics. The duels are advertised as taking 10-15 min, which was a bit low in my experience. Most games went 20-30 on average. There is also something of a single player mode where the mechanics are introduced and you are challenged to implement what you learned from them. That is absolutely my favorite part of the game. The challenges are fun, and offer a lot of aha! moments. After a few duels, and all the challenges I could unlock, I really began to appreciate the depth of the game. I lost most matches I played, but each time I could see things I should have done differently. Pretty impressive game overall. I will mention, there is a form of IAP whereby you can get new cards, although it does seem this isn't required as you can earn cards just by playing, and craft any card available as well. This is exactly how to do IAP right. I started looking through their forums for general gameplay advise and more info around the crafting. There is a very active community, along with the devs, which is always nice to see. Then things got a bit overwhelming for me. I have no history of playing CCG's, and there is a lot of references and allusions that are just beyond me as a result. For example, someone saying that their opponent was running a blue/black deck so they played ogre style to nullify it. That means absolutely nothing to me, so I am missing out on the finer points of strategy there. Still, overall, very fun, very pretty, and if anyone does have that CCG background and looking for something new to play, highly recommend this one.

I agree with everything, except for the duration of the matches, which were shorter to me. But that depends of the play style of you and your opponents. I also don't have experience in CCGs such as HearthStone or Hex, but I have some experience with Magic: The Gathering and I can say that Duelyst's card design is not as complicated as MTG. However, this doesn't mean that Duelyst is more shallow, since positional awareness of minions and general are as important as the deck-building component.

Impressions on Concrete Jungle anyone? It seems so nice, but I'm really unsure about it's current price. I have a kind of a trauma buying games that don't deliver...

Impressions on Concrete Jungle anyone? It seems so nice, but I'm really unsure about it's current price. I have a kind of a trauma buying games that don't deliver...

I really like it. In a way it kinda reminds me of Half Minute Hero (bear with me for a minute here) with regards to how that game takes the RPG genre, dilutes it down to bare minimum mechanics and then makes a kinda puzzle game out of it, Concrete Jungle takes the city builders, dilutes the gameplay to its core and makes a puzzle game out of it. But also being an awesome deck builder game (which is a type of game I would love to see more on PC).

The core gameplay is really sound kinda predictive logic puzzle game with you having to juggle raising and lowering the land values while also purchasing new cards/perks. If you are playing solo, I would recommend it, if you play to play any local versus I would 100% recommend it. The versus mode is god damn hilarious because you and your opponent are fighting for territory on the same board so you constantly get these situations where the opponent is trying to build some wonderful heaven of greenland and local shops and other wonderful things and at the last minute you slap a toxic factory right in the middle of his paradise.just to mess up his land value. It is very good at building comic narrative just looking at how it would be like if you were living in a town which was being developed by 2 opposing city builders.

I liked a lot about Duelyst, but the TCG-ness of it really turned me off. If it let me actually buy cards I needed instead of that goofy pack system I'd be fine with it, but the system as if feels gross to me. Like the business model clearly came before caring about the balance of the game.

For me, it's simply that I have a Kickstarter account and not an IndieGoGo one, so if a project was on Kickstarter I'd be far more likely to back it simply because there's a lot fewer steps to actually doing so.

It's maybe silly, but I doubt I'm alone. Signing up to all these individual sites that do essentially the same thing feels like a chore. It'd take something special on IGG to get me to sign up, like it did on KS. Indivisible doesn't even come close.

Crocodile

My sense:
1) IndieGoGo's primary audience in early years was funding campaigns outside the US, when KS had limitations placed on them by Amazon Payments; it never really got much elbow-room in the US market.
2) Many projects on IndieGoGo are flexible funding (the project creator gets the money even if the project is not fully funded). I think people are scared of that and I think it impacts their trust even for fixed funding projects on IGG
3) IGG takes your money immediately after you pledge and refunds it if the goal isn't met and the project is Fixed Funding. I think most people would rather not actually be out their money in the meantime, especially for larger pledges.
4) At various points they have sold themselves as a site willing to fund projects that are outside KS' guidelines. This might work for the people who want the money, but I suspect it doesn't work for the people who want to give money. Again, another way the site feels less safe.
5) Finally, I think most of the attention is driven by a large umbrella effect from a few small projects. That's not to say that DFA is responsible for Kickstarter being famous, but more that I think IGG in part hasn't taken off because it hasn't had an obvious mega-bucks success story. The closest is Skullgirls. I think if Torment or Eternity or DFA or whatever had been on IGG, it'd be a bigger alternative to KS now.

1) With how internationally focused the internet is, it seems hard to imagine that people from the US would be especially unaware or hesitant to use the site. I mean I can't say your wrong but that seems super weird.
2) Logically, I don't see a reason why the existence of flexible funding campaigns should influence the perception of fixed funding campaigns. They are different campaign types often run by different types of people. I guess I've been in enough KS threads that I shouldn't be surprised when people think or act irrationally or are misinformed which is unfortunate :(
3) I can't disagree here.
4) Something(s) big must have happened in this regard that I'm just not aware off? Like some noteworthy shadiness?
5) I don't disagree here either. However, something has to be the "thing" that blows up and gives the site attention though right? Seems to be a bit of a chicken/egg situation :p

For me, it's simply that I have a Kickstarter account and not an IndieGoGo one, so if a project was on Kickstarter I'd be far more likely to back it simply because there's a lot fewer steps to actually doing so.

It's maybe silly, but I doubt I'm alone. Signing up to all these individual sites that do essentially the same thing feels like a chore. It'd take something special on IGG to get me to sign up, like it did on KS. Indivisible doesn't even come close.

FWIW, you don't need to make an IGG account to pledge to something, you can either link it through Facebook or just give your e-mail and use Paypal directly.

1) With how internationally focused the internet is, it seems hard to imagine that people from the US would be especially unaware or hesitant to use the site. I mean I can't say your wrong but that seems super weird.
2) Logically, I don't see a reason why the existence of flexible funding campaigns should influence the perception of fixed funding campaigns. They are different campaign types often run by different types of people. I guess I've been in enough KS threads that I shouldn't be surprised when people think or act irrationally or are misinformed which is unfortunate :(
3) I can't disagree here.
4) Something(s) big must have happened in this regard that I'm just not aware off? Like some noteworthy shadiness?
5) I don't disagree here either. However, something has to be the "thing" that blows up and gives the site attention though right? Seems to be a bit of a chicken/egg situation :p

FWIW, you don't need to make an IGG account to pledge to something, you can either link it through Facebook or just give your e-mail and use Paypal directly.
1) I'd say it's that IGG gets a mere fraction of the exposure and attention that Kickstarter does. There are sites and YouTube channels that do articles about Kickstarters to look forward to and new Kickstarters to check out this week, sites like RPS and Indie Games cover Kickstarters often, etc.

IGG doesn't get coverage like that

2) Mainly because a lot of people only know about the flexible funding aspect and think all IGG campaigns are like that.

5) Pretty much. Kickstarter is a recognized known place because of its many high-profile successes. Consider that both platforms were once in the same position and both unknown. It's the many successes and high-profile projects that brought KS into the limelight. Besides Gods Will Be Watching and Darkwood, I don't know of any other IGG projects. There are others but I'm not aware of them. While on the flip side, I can tell you about myriad Kickstarters that released or are on Early Access or whatnot

Been seeing a ton of praise for Cryptark online, so decided to pick it up

A lot of fun so far. For an Early Access game, it feels pretty solid and polished, a sizable amount of content so far

The basic premise is that you're a scavenger who pilots a mech into derelict space hulks. Things is, while these vessels may be abandoned, their security systems are still active, so you need to destroy the ship's cortex to depower its defenses

However, the cortex has its own defenses: shields, alarm systems, turrets, and more. To make your journey to the cortex safer and make your attack on it more manageable, you want to disable those defenses

This gives the gameplay a cool-freeform feel. You always start outside the space hulk and there are multiple entrances, so you can choose which systems you want to tackle first and from what entry point. But at the same time, you want to explore and not kill the cortex so soon because you want to collect tech upgrades throughout the ships

Even in this initial EA version, there's a lot of weapons to equip. You have four weapon slots and two item slots, and weapons range from basic machineguns and shotguns to chemical mortars, shields, and ram spikes

You can even dual- or quad- wield weapons, if you wanted to equip four machineguns and hold all four shoulder-buttons down to fire them simultaneously

Enemies are varied too and each defense system requires a different tactic to disable, for example, the shield generator has reflecting barriers that you want to avoid

Moobabe

Been seeing a ton of praise for Cryptark online, so decided to pick it up

A lot of fun so far. For an Early Access game, it feels pretty solid and polished, a sizable amount of content so far

The basic premise is that you're a scavenger who pilots a mech into derelict space hulks. Things is, while these vessels may be abandoned, their security systems are still active, so you need to destroy the ship's cortex to depower its defenses

However, the cortex has its own defenses: shields, alarm systems, turrets, and more. To make your journey to the cortex safer and make your attack on it more manageable, you want to disable those defenses

This gives the gameplay a cool-freeform feel. You always start outside the space hulk and there are multiple entrances, so you can choose which systems you want to tackle first and from what entry point. But at the same time, you want to explore and not kill the cortex so soon because you want to collect tech upgrades throughout the ships

Even in this initial EA version, there's a lot of weapons to equip. You have four weapon slots and two item slots, and weapons range from basic machineguns and shotguns to chemical mortars, shields, and ram spikes

You can even dual- or quad- wield weapons, if you wanted to equip four machineguns and hold all four shoulder-buttons down to fire them simultaneously

Enemies are varied too and each defense system requires a different tactic to disable, for example, the shield generator has reflecting barriers that you want to avoid

This is from the Apotheon and Capsized guys right?

Venus Van Dam

Neo Member
The versus mode is god damn hilarious because you and your opponent are fighting for territory on the same board so you constantly get these situations where the opponent is trying to build some wonderful heaven of greenland and local shops and other wonderful things and at the last minute you slap a toxic factory right in the middle of his paradise.just to mess up his land value. It is very good at building comic narrative just looking at how it would be like if you were living in a town which was being developed by 2 opposing city builders.

Ok you sold this to me.

And you sold this one to me. Looks like Ex Ranza on steroids haha

Granjinha

5) Pretty much. Kickstarter is a recognized known place because of its many high-profile successes. Consider that both platforms were once in the same position and both unknown. It's the many successes and high-profile projects that brought KS into the limelight. Besides Gods Will Be Watching and Darkwood, I don't know of any other IGG projects. There are others but I'm not aware of them. While on the flip side, I can tell you about myriad Kickstarters that released or are on Early Access or whatnot

DreadOut, Ghost of a Tale, Reset, Stasis were all from IndieGoGo.

There was another that was pretty neat that was from IGG too. Top-down with beatiful pixel art in an virtual reality world where you control a mute girl that uses projectiles (balls) as her weapons.

DreadOut, Ghost of a Tale, Reset, Stasis were all from IndieGoGo.

There was another that was pretty neat that was from IGG too. Top-down with beatiful pixel art in an virtual reality world where you control a mute girl that uses projectiles (balls) as her weapons.
Oh, really? Actually I think I remembered Reset, since the RPS coverage saved it, but I didn't know Stasis and Ghost of a Tale were IGG projects

Edit: Stasis was Kickstarted
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bischoff/stasis-2d-isometric-scifi-horror-adventure-game

Masochisia - $7.99 (PC, Mac, Linux)
rLov4d0.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/396310/

A young man discovers through a series of hallucinations that he will grow up to become a violent psychopath. How will he respond to these revelations? Can he change his fate? Can you even... change fate...

There Was A Caveman - $6.99 (PC)
opfaGYs.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/407290/

There Was A Caveman is a prehistoric themed, retro styled, action platformer. With challenging gameplay that will keep you on your toes. Get ready to die and die a lot.

Klang - PC, Mac, Linux
NIrfWsF.jpg

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=50818.0

Klang is at its core an evolution of traditional rhythm games. Where previous games in the genre has mostly focused on pressing buttons in correct timing with the music, Klang expands upon this with adding the flair of exploration and platforming.

Archaica - 2015 (PC)
CQ92dniWoAAE1As.jpg

http://twomammoths.com/archaica-the-path-of-light/

“Archaica: The Path of Light” is a puzzle game “lasers and mirrors” type of game that has been enhanced with a storyline and some gratifying graphics.
During the game we become the Chosen One, who has to chose a legendary Path of Light and save the world from destruction, by reviving ancient mechanisms once more. Yet we explore secrets hidden by the Ancients and discover true destiny of The Path along the way.

Hybrid Beasts - PC, Mac, Linux
CQ9AARKWgAAMAoT.jpg

http://hybridbeasts.com/

Hybrid Beasts is a unique cross-genre game that brings together strategic turn-based action and open-world exploration and adventure. At its heart, teams of never before seen creatures battle against each other to conquer and defend regions of a mysterious world full of secrets, quests and adventures that are being discovered in the process.

Castles - $7.99 (PC)
CQ86hwMWwAAE9c1.jpg

http://badlandindie.com/castles/

Castles is a multiplayer puzzle-action game. In a medieval setting 1 or 2 characters have to push or drag blocks to unite them in rows of 3 or more of the same colors (materials) or figures (tools). The player doesn't take direct control of the blocks but instead controls engineers who are tasked with the movement of the blocks, giving a unique twist to the gameplay.

Fall of the Dungeon Guardians - 2015 (PC, Mac, Linux)
CQ8vnpUUsAAFSwP.jpg

http://www.managames.com/DungeonGuardians/

An RPG Dungeon Crawler game, in First Person View, inspired by classics like Dungeon Master and Might & Magic

Savage: Road to Darkness - ????
CQ8BJSFWEAAOxnN.png

https://www.facebook.com/shinobiGator

A 2D hand-drawn brawler about a shinobi gator

Sure Footing - ????
CQ934NoXAAAAYcP.jpg

http://tableflipgames.co.uk/sure-footing/

A rhythmn runner/platformer with an emphasis on procedural content generation

Previously Mentioned

Nantucket

Columnae

Dying Ember

sop3000

Intersection

Environmental Station Alpha is getting a content update on the 18th
There'll be a brand-new update coming up later this month! It'll contain new content aimed for those who wish to delve even deeper into the station's mysteries, along with a set of bugfixes.
eOPBywX.png

Missed this one on #SS earlier. Sounds interesting

Tusks and Tigerskins - ????
ShockedAppropriateGalapagosalbatross.gif

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/3o6g2j/screenshot_saturday_245_eye_candy/cvv827t

Essentially, you're in charge of a shipping company at a jungle British Outpost circa 1927, and you use a little boat to go up and down the river and sell things. It's inspired by the Jungle Cruise ride at Disneyland/Walt Disney World, Heart of Darkness, and the movie African Queen and plays a bit like if Recettear, Far Cry, and a boat-driving simulator had a baby.

Reset Demo

Towerclimb

Age of Decadence

holy shit what a month
Still need to check out the Reset demo, any impressions?

And don't forget the (awesome) Indivisible prototype, plus Mushroom 11, Brigador, and Human Resource Machine coming this month too

Haunted

Still need to check out the Reset demo, any impressions?

And don't forget the (awesome) Indivisible prototype, plus Mushroom 11, Brigador, and Human Resource Machine coming this month too
My Reset Demo impression is that it doesn't run on a 560GTX. >_>

Did anyone else end up checking out Cryptark? Already put 4 hours into the game. I can't wait to see how the devs expand on it, since the game is already so good. They want to add stuff like more mech suits, more weapons and items, persistent upgrades, etc.

I'm very, very late but One Finger Death Punch is incredible.
Yeah, it's so simple but makes you feel like a martial arts master

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Did anyone else end up checking out Cryptark? Already put 4 hours into the game. I can't wait to see how the devs expand on it, since the game is already so good. They want to add stuff like more mech suits, more weapons and items, persistent upgrades, etc.

Yeah, it's so simple but makes you feel like a martial arts master
I'm on the fence with Cryptark. How does the game control?

I'm on the fence with Cryptark. How does the game control?
Really tight. I've only played with a gamepad though; that seems to be best control scheme. You have four weapon slots (one for each shoulder button), can boost-dodge, and maneuver with ease. Shooting feels satisfyingly heavy and powerful.

Haven't really been playing anything except for Rocket League for the past month. School got in the way of me finishing up and starting other single player games.

And where the heck is Volume on Vita :|

Thinking of a title for the Mushroom 11 OT

So far, I got:

Mushroom 11 |OT| The fungus among us
Mushroom 11 |OT| Platforming unmolded
Mushroom 11 |OT| Portobello platforming
Mushroom 11 |OT| A hand-molded platformer
Mushroom 11 |OT| Fungal funambulist

Any suggestions?

Moobabe

I am so behind on games over the past two months - it's horrible!

I need to read through the whole of last month's thread as well

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Me too, but I need to blame my notebook for it, as it was barely useable in the past few months. I finally cleaned the notebook and exchanged the thermal paste, what a difference. :-o
I can... talk again when standing in the same room with my turned on notebook. Amazing.

So far, I got:

Any suggestions?

Fungus Fallout? That is all I can think off the top of my head, I quite like your Portobello Platforming one, although it is fairly removed from the actual theme of the game.

So far, I got:

Any suggestions?

Personally I like the first one.

You're not the only one.

This news isn't necessary gaming related but it is related to the previous day's discussion about the differences between Kickstarter and Indiegogo.

A lazer-razor shaving product was just pulled off of Kickstarter after the site concluded that they had falsified their "working prototype." And therefore they do not conform to Kickstarter's rule requiring a working prototype for a physical product campaign. So even though Kickstarter stood to make a very healthy commission on a project that had already raised $4,000,000 they pulled the pulled the campaign.

Gizmodo: Kickstarter Bans Product For Not Existing

Almost immediately, the project moved to Indiegogo, where there is no rule requiring a prototype, and presumably no rule against creators making one that's misleading at best or more likely fraudulent.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-skarp-laser-razor-21st-century-shaving#/

Remember how we said Indiegogo is where products go when they can't get on Kickstarter? Well, there's your proof.

I think this is an important difference between Kickstarter and Indiegogo. I remember seeing this project a few days ago because I follow tech/gaming/DIY hardware and when I saw it I was interested but chose not to back it because it was expensive and sounded too good to be true. It seems that others did fall for it though and I'm glad a site like Kickstarter decided not to chase their bottom line and instead save backers from themselves by stopping this project before things get out of hand. Indiegogo is the opposite, it's the wild west.

It's also important to note that the project creators chose to go for a quick 14 day campaign with flexible funding. *warning: speculation and analysis starts here* I read that as them not knowing how many of their Kickstarter backers they'll be able to lure, so they set no goal and are trying to make a run on the bank before their remaining fans get wise to what they're up to. I hope their fans notice these warning signs before it's too late, but something tells me there will be a few partings between fools and their money.

A friend of mine released One Ship Two Ship Redshift Blueshift a week or two ago. It's a really fun local multiplayer game that's sort of like space racquetball. The music is especially fantastic, overall just a really polished experience. Apparently it hasn't sold all that well, but I highly recommend it

http://store.steampowered.com/app/367430/

SbHWYR5.gif

mVGM8ph.gif

Phawx

I've played a bit of duelyst and the only comparison to Hearthstone is literally the card pack and card collection thing. Aside from that, it's like other TCGs.

I have played a bit of it, but my time is so divided between so many things that I think I have to cut off on it.

I tried playing a few F2P games (Dungeon Boss and Fallout Shelter) on my phone and tried really giving them a go instead of just not playing them on principle and I "kind-of" enjoy them if I treat them like Tamagotchis but that can only go so far. The best feature of Dungeon Boss is the auto-fight option. I just leave it on my desk and glance at it every 4 minutes. Though the "PVP" is pretty cool.

Ultimately I think the only F2P game I will stick with is Hearthstone and wrap up these other ones soon.

Otherwise, there continues to be way too many games available.

Anyone end up getting Master Spy in the end? The steam sale on it is tempting me but I am not lacking in stuff I should be playing at the moment.

Dascu

Anyone end up getting Master Spy in the end? The steam sale on it is tempting me but I am not lacking in stuff I should be playing at the moment.

Already a sale? The dev was discussing on Reddit and Gamasutra last week about how sales have been quite disappointing, and how difficult it would be to make a full profession out of indie games.

Already a sale? The dev was discussing on Reddit and Gamasutra last week about how sales have been quite disappointing, and how difficult it would be to make a full profession out of indie games.

Yeah, 20% off on the steam stealthy sale (some really good games in it actually, worth checking out,) comes to just over £5 for Master Spy. The real insane thing is Stealth Inc 2 is up on it for 70% off, I feel that game got ported to the PC relatively recently but between it being free on Humble and now this it has mega 'raced to the bottom' going on. Tough time out there for indies, there was a time when you had like a week at the top page to make your opening sales. But now games get like 2-3 days before the next big thing comes along and if they don't secure good opening sales by that point the attention just drops.

Matt Frost

Hello guys and gals on this thread, first post here... I was a Steam gamer in the past (all that system upgrading that came out constantly burned me and moved to console), to the PlayStation and now I am primarily an iOS gamer. Now I am getting into Steam again, full circle I guess.

For Steam, I have a bunch of games there: Out There Omega Edition, Super Meat Boy, Luftrausers, FTL, Nuclear Throne, Fly´n, Race the Sun, FEZ, SteamWorld Dig, Meltdown, Bastion, Portal 1 & 2, Guacamelee and every Valve Studios game there is regarding Half-Life.

And I have my eye on Ori and the Blind Forest, Ink, Rex Rocket, Grow Home and Shovel Knight. Is there any other must have game that is really a must have? I bought a Sabretooth so no worries about controls and my PC is good enough to run most of the games. I am looking for that very special indie game (indies are the best by far) that came out and all of you love. Can you help me grow my Steam library? Any recommendations? Something like Mines of Mars/Waking Mars/SteamWorld Dig would be awesome.

Hello guys and gals on this thread, first post here... I was a Steam gamer in the past (all that system upgrading that came out constantly burned me and moved to console), to the PlayStation and now I am primarily an iOS gamer. Now I am getting into Steam again, full circle I guess.

For Steam, I have a bunch of games there: Out There Omega Edition, Super Meat Boy, Luftrausers, FTL, Nuclear Throne, Fly´n, Race the Sun, FEZ, SteamWorld Dig, Meltdown, Bastion, Portal 1 & 2, Guacamelee and every Valve Studios game there is regarding Half-Life.

And I have my eye on Ori and the Blind Forest, Ink, Grow Home and Shovel Knight. Is there any other must have game that is really a must have? I bought a Sabretooth so no worries about controls and my PC is good enough to run most of the games. I am looking for that very special indie game (indies are the best by far) that came out and all of you love. Can you help me grow my Steam library? Any recommendations?
Hey Frost, nice to see you over here!

1) Best place to start is to check out the Indie Games OTs. We vote every month for our favorite games so you can find ranked lists of the best or most interesting games in the first posts of each thread

2) PC gaming is pretty huge so you should narrow it down by the kind of genres you enjoy.

3) Recently, the indies I've been enjoying the most: Cryptark, Duskers, Broforce, SOMA, Jotun, Snakebird, Vagante, and Distance

Top Bottom