• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Indie Games [May] Now Voting - Post 573!"

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Then maybe you'll find this interesting - it's a stream of images closely related to the new project.

Truly beautiful imagery there, I caught myself staring at a few of those for a bit. I think this is much more my speed coming from them, but it's hard to say for sure. I did enjoy The Path at least.

Good news! Darkwood has been Funded with 6 days left to go in the campaign! Won't be hitting many stretch goals but $44,000 ain't bad.

Hoff, where's Toma? We might have to run a rescue mission in case he got buried under the new thread.

Hofmann

Truly beautiful imagery there, I caught myself staring at a few of those for a bit. I think this is much more my speed coming from them, but it's hard to say for sure.

I love it , it's filled with subtle sexuality, well sometimes not so subtle, so NSFW.

Good news! Darkwood has been Funded with 6 days left to go in the campaign! Won't be hitting many stretch goals but $44,000 ain't bad.

Cool, I didn't know they're from Poland. I must support local indie scene!

Hoff, where's Toma? We might have to run a rescue mission in case he got buried under the new thread.

Knowing him, he's probably already done with the work:D

Then how about a voting ballot, hmmm? ;p

ipxwgzeKTsqUM.jpg

DreadOut: As an indie Fatal Frame, this gave me quite the scares and I liked that the fail state is a Prey-style limbo state that is thematically appropriate too. Older detailed impressions here.

ijdE1QXVryoTv.gif

Souvenir: Ok, this is pretty damn cool. You know the Milkman level in Psychonauts? Topsy turvy Inception style levels. Imagine that in first person with Dead Space-like magnetic boot jumping around except with free camera. Like Psychonauts, this is also about memories where you collect souvenirs of your past and understand your backstory.

ivVAY5KBlPfBf.gif

Pulse: Cute and scary, I'm in love with this first person echolocation puzzler. Gave more detailed impressions before.

Dwm-2012-10-15-00-51-07-29.gif

Music of the Spheres: Quite the devious shooter puzzler with cool Islamic tile art.

ibpEme9WjOZeLe.gif

Remembering: More like 2013: A Music Space Odyssey. At first, I was disappointed because it was too abstract and just dots everywhere with some nice musical ambience. Then I started left-clicking and then the Proteus comparison seemed apt. Left-click directs you to a sound beacon thing, and when you enter it, the landscape changes much like the vortexes in Proteus. And that ending is straight up 2001: A Space Odyssey! Music is amazing, gets quite industrial and creepy.

gretel-and-hansel.jpg

Gretel and Hansel: Played a little bit of it, perfectly nails the grimm darkly comic fairy tale vibe with the parents arguing to dump you kids into the forest. The visual style is really beautiful with the comic book dialogue bubbles. Love the fact that Hansel is so dumb, and Gretel is the actual protagonist.

ilssWFgw02BB2.gif

Katabasis: NOPE NOPE NOPE. Didn't even know this would be a horror game, thought it'd be a nice exploratory dad/son camping trip. Not in the mood right now, will have to get back to this and play more. But definitely voting for this, definitely gave me the spine chills literally.

Hofmann

Site is currently dead, hope it will return soon.

Souvenir: Ok, this is pretty damn cool. You know the Milkman level in Psychonauts? Topsy turvy Inception style levels. Imagine that in first person with Dead Space-like magnetic boot jumping around except with free camera. Like Psychonauts, this is also about memories where you collect souvenirs of your past and understand your backstory.

Love your gifs. My browser has a different opinion, but fu*k it.

Hofmann

Fans of Adventure/Suspense/Horror games should definitely check out Hyde, heavily inspired by Dear Esther and American Psycho. It appeared here before, but you might missed it and the genre is quite popular, so why not post it again. It has its own share of problems, similar to Fibrillation, but on the other hand it does some interesting things, especially when it comes to visuals and voice acting.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
You mean the part ''inside''? The
tunnel
near the end was absolutely amazing.

Yeah that part, and especially
the tunnel, my brain was flipping out trying to understand what it was doing
. The forest was ok, but the inside part really made it special. Someone get that man a budget.

ijdE1QXVryoTv.gif

Looks nice, plus the Milkman level was my favourite.

Fans of Adventure/Suspense/Horror games should definitely check out Hyde, heavily inspired by Dear Esther and American Psycho. It appeared here before, but you might missed it and the genre is quite popular, so why not post it again. It has its own share of problems, similar to Fibrillation, but on the other hand it does some interesting things, especially when it comes to visuals and voice acting.

"My god, it even has a watermark."

Is it like a couple of hours? Don't mind playing this since it's free, and I love those inspirations.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hey, Cactus is in that video :p

So how good was that Gunpoint demo? SO GOOD, that's how good it was.

Even better than that. I'll put up the release thread for it after I am done with the june Indie thread and my PSN classics for june.

gabbo

DreadOut
Souvenir
Pulse
Katabasis

My vote. The month started off great, but I haven't had time lately and the games I did try out more recently didn't do anything for me.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
We got one first place and 5 2nd places this month. Funny.

Toma

That's what happens when only a few people vote, lol.

It was about as much as in the april or march thread, so it was enough I'd say for what we are currently have as a community in these threads. But yeah, more voters would be great of course.

Hofmann

Sentinel - Just been released. Haven't played it, so I don't know if it's worth ten bucks.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=120125404

Sentinel is an interactive audio tower defense game. The game takes place on a sequencer-like grid. As you add defenses, collect resources and destroy enemies, musical elements are triggered in time to the music. The game is a mixture of standard wave based levels and puzzle levels where the player must defend the core using limited defenses and resources. I've been developing it in Unity for about 10 months so far and hope to have the game completed in the first half of the year.

Toma

Snagged a free 99 spirits code off the other thread, ha! :) Another game less to drain my wallet in june, lol.

But its brutal. Just bought a barely used and cheap WiiU Premium off ebay for 170€, Last of Us, 2 Animal Crossings and the Indies for june. Most expensive month this year, except maybe the month the PS4 releases.

Toma

To save us all... I should delete the june thread file and we should never talk about Indie Games ever again.

dto1138

Neo Member
Greetings NeoGAF community. My name is David O'Toole, I'm the developer of 2x0ng. Now that my account is approved, I wanted to say Thank You for your kind comments and feedback about my game. :) You inspired me to do some more frame-rate optimizations so that the game runs smoothly for most users; there is still room for improvement, that's the nice thing about open-source style development---version numbers :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the game! I'm looking forward to lurking around on #personagaf and hopefully discussing some games. (I hear there's a new Armored Core coming?)

-david

Toma

Greetings NeoGAF community. My name is David O'Toole, I'm the developer of 2x0ng. Now that my account is approved, I wanted to say Thank You for your kind comments and feedback about my game. :) You inspired me to do some more frame-rate optimizations so that the game runs smoothly for most users; there is still room for improvement, that's the nice thing about open-source style development---version numbers :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the game! I'm looking forward to lurking around on #personagaf and hopefully discussing some games. (I hear there's a new Armored Core coming?)

-david

Heya! I really enjoyed 2x0ng as well, it was a lovely genre blend and was perfect for the highscore contest this month. The only issue was that you didnt get a real "ending" screen that would make for an easy screenshot to show how far you got, but thats nothing that most people playing it will be bothered by I guess :p
One other thing though, we now switched over to this thread since its a monthly thread series:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572913

Could you please repost your post in the new thread? And just as an aside, you should take a look at the voting list in the first post of the new thread ;)

And again for all the others as well so we dont have two threads running at the same time:
NO POSTS ANYMORE IN THIS THREAD

Toma

00BY11T.png

OP video impressions, Airships (the video is currently still processing on YT, but I am off to bed now):
http://youtu.be/1UV4liopR_Y

Cute game in which you build ships from single rooms. A lot of promise, but currently not really enough content to warrant a purchase on its own, unless you maybe have a buddy to play the multiplayer battles with. I dont regret buying it, but I really hope the dev expands on a it a lot still, since even the current version proves that the dev knows how to make this concept engaging.

Edit: Also, I am way too tired and did a LOT of word mixing up/grammar mistakes in that video. After doing it 3 times, I kinda lost my concentration.

Top Bottom