• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

BTA

This is gonna be funded by the time I wake up tomorrow, so in advance: good job everyone! I'm really happy that even with some slow days in the middle, we're hitting this pace now and gonna make it with time to spare.

cwistofu

Oh shit, the $60 tier comes with both a physical and a digital copy?!

Meaning the additional $30 I added for a digital copy means I'll have two digital codes? Looks like one of my friends will be getting a code.

TheStig88

Enough procrastinating, in for 60. Happy to say that you guys will be popping my crowd-funding cherry. After watching (and enjoying the hell out of) how you guys handled Skullgirls, and even moreso this campaign, it was a no-brainer. Doubly so after getting a taste of this lovely game.

Since I'll likely be neck deep in work when you cross the finish line, early congrats guys!

What is this crazy pace?

It's pretty common with crowdfunding. Last 72-48 hours usually see the fastest growth, especially on projects that are close to funding. With IGG, they take your pledge money right away (unlike KS that takes your money when a project successfully is funded) so some people held off until they were comfortable with having the cash taken. Also, the game looks awesome and Lab Zero did a hell of a job with the IGG campaign and the thirst is fucking reallllllllll!

$45K left

post-39510-birdman-hand-rub-gif-Imgur-otMs.gif

Not sure if this has been asked and answered: any idea on the size of the digital art compendium? We talking like a dozen or so pages or more? I'm hoping for much more.

WolvenOne

Geeze!

If things hit 1470K in the next one hour and forty minutes, the campaign will have generated 100K in twelve hours.

Crazy train! XD

Ravidrath

~Sangmu~

Even as a child, abandoned on the monastery's doorstep, Sangmu had been...unusual. She did not often cry, seeming only to desire long stretches of contemplative solitude, and resented any disturbance, even meals. As she grew she did not play or socialize, and talked so seldom that for months the monks worried she could not speak at all. But young Sangmu knew differently - mere words were not the language of her heart.

In the summer of the year she turned ten, Sangmu first witnessed the meticulous creation of a sand mandala. From the moment she saw the intricate design taking shape, the change in her demeanor was striking. Aloofness transformed into rapt attention, her focus so intense that the monks were forced to remind her repeatedly to eat and sleep. In those days and weeks, in that place, her life changed.

Since that time, Sangmu relentlessly devoted every waking hour to perfecting the painstaking creation, and the equally beautiful destruction, of mandala and other sand sculptures. Her naturally gifted use of Iddhi and unique, unrestrained outlook quickly made her a virtuoso without peer, able to literally breathe life into her creations. Through her sand-painting tool, the chak-pur, the ephemeral artistry of the cosmos spoke to her: in the sand, Sangmu has found her language!

Not sure if this has been asked and answered: any idea on the size of the digital art compendium? We talking like a dozen or so pages or more? I'm hoping for much more.

The Skullgirls DAC was 6 gigs of high res art and animation, and this one will probably be more.

Ultimadrago

Fighting with All Our Might (Shovel Knight) remixed to fit Indivisible would be straight

FIRE!

(It would also fit as Shovel Knight is a guest fighter in Anja's universe, just as the song is used for Guest Fighters in Shovel Knight.)

~Sangmu~

gyjxy19cn7o9ygq6ygey.png

Even as a child, abandoned on the monastery's doorstep, Sangmu had been...unusual. She did not often cry, seeming only to desire long stretches of contemplative solitude, and resented any disturbance, even meals. As she grew she did not play or socialize, and talked so seldom that for months the monks worried she could not speak at all. But young Sangmu knew differently - mere words were not the language of her heart.

In the summer of the year she turned ten, Sangmu first witnessed the meticulous creation of a sand mandala. From the moment she saw the intricate design taking shape, the change in her demeanor was striking. Aloofness transformed into rapt attention, her focus so intense that the monks were forced to remind her repeatedly to eat and sleep. In those days and weeks, in that place, her life changed.

Since that time, Sangmu relentlessly devoted every waking hour to perfecting the painstaking creation, and the equally beautiful destruction, of mandala and other sand sculptures. Her naturally gifted use of Iddhi and unique, unrestrained outlook quickly made her a virtuoso without peer, able to literally breathe life into her creations. Through her sand-painting tool, the chak-pur, the ephemeral artistry of the cosmos spoke to her: in the sand, Sangmu has found her language!

That sand effect is awesome and I am digging that backstory. Art and unique standards of expression are certainly a plus in these books.

Also, freckles are the best. It is known.

Mega

Banned
I did not know about this until recently. Looks interesting so I figured, why not? Went in for $60. It was also my first crowdfunding participation.

Ok ok, I'll put in my contribution.

Glad to see that not only is Red in, but that the game will be funded. Prior to the extension announcement I had lost all hope.

So if I get the $60 tier instead of the $30 tier, I will get both a physical copy and a steam copy? (Rather than just a steam copy?)

I want to help as much as I can, but the horrible CDN->USD Exchange rate is limiting me... Forgive me Lab Zero!

Fishious

I can't believe it's almost at the goal. This has been one hell of a ride.

I find it kind of funny people are now complementing Lab Zero on how well run the campaign is when so many of those early pages were "what could have been done better" and "why Indiegogo?" But honestly it has been a fantastic campaign. In the beginning it didn't seem like it because of the platform choice, funding being slow out of the gate, and no gamey social media hooks, but Lab Zero has pulled through with sheer tenacity. They never stopped trying to get the word out, they put the prototype on almost every platform, and then made the indie crossover incarnations to create even greater awareness. Pretty much everywhere there was an article about the game I've seen Ravidrath in the comments answering questions.

It's been nerve wracking just watching and I imagine it's been utter hell on them. In fact I guess I don't need to imagine, going by Ravidrath's post about how its affected him. I hope everyone at Lab Zero will be able to sleep soundly once it hits the goal and get some well deserved rest once the campaign closes. Hopefully Indivisible can not only be a success on Indiegogo, but at retail as well. Having read all the hardship the company has gone through, they deserve it.

Fhtagn

Well, I've posted about three times saying I would be in for $30-60, and I finally did it. $60 it is. Happy to get my money in just before you hit the goal. Congrats!

Top Bottom