• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indivisible: Valkyrie Profile/Metroid, Indiegogo, PC/Mac/Linux/PS4/XB1 -- funded!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Very much so.

If you're struggling early on, save meter for Razmi's heal super and blocking.

Razmi' down-attack stacks twice and has a powerful slow effect on it, giving you more time to attack and less time defending / taking damage.

Razmi can heal!?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Don't really like IndieGoGo's thing with taking the money then refunding you if it's not funded. Makes me feel more like waiting to see how it's doing closer to the end and then deciding whether or not to back it. Doesn't help that at $30 it would be one of the most expensive crowdfunded games I've backed. [Edit: Of games I backed at the base "get the game" tier, there's only one other game I've backed for $30]

I want it to succeed, but I'll have to wait and see about backing it myself.

VariantX

Is the boss fight against that thing with a face inside another face winnable? I'm getting torn apart by that thing.

I abused the hell out of the healing super. I powered through it that way. I wonder if theres a "perfect" guard mechanism in the game, kind of feels like there should be one as it seems I still take a significant amount of damage blocking

Merc_

There wil be a full retail physical release if we're funded, but the backer version will have extra stuff, etc.

I really hope you guys make your funding because I'll definitely pick it up. I've managed to get a few friends interested as well. Good luck to you guys!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Game is 2hard4me but I backed anyway.

Negaduck

The first time I fought the boss I was saving meter for a level 3 tungar super and let razmi die :(

I like to believe I was one hit away from killing him lol.

With razmi's super heal its actually not that bad. I believe her U+attack builds a super so if you have 2 stocks you can U+atk and then super right after.

K.Sabot

The ratio of backer to views on the indiegogo video is quite high.

Like 1/18 ratio, that's seems like a good metric.

Ravidrath

The ratio of backer to views on the indiegogo video is quite high.

Like 1/18 ratio, that's seems like a good metric.

I'm personally very interested in knowing what the demo download conversion rate is, but it's being hosted all over now and don't think we'll ever get any useful data there.

Watched the stream some. Looks very impressive but like a few people mentioned, the platforming was triggering my motion sickness. I'm wondering if it's an issue with the axe wall jump climb with all that rapid up/down motion in a hard to predict manner?

Other than that the game looks like a more-than-worthy successor to Valkyrie Profile. :)

Cowie

Decided to hop on board! I've been super picky about what I back lately, but I feel like Lab Zero has definitely proven themselves. Also, I have a soft spot for crowd funding campaigns that actually ask for a realistic sum of money. The waters have been muddied by multi-million dollar games asking for like 200k, so I respect when a dev actually tells it like it is.

Ravidrath

Decided to hop on board! I've been super picky about what I back lately, but I feel like Lab Zero has definitely proven themselves. Also, I have a soft spot for crowd funding campaigns that actually ask for a realistic sum of money. The waters have been muddied by multi-million dollar games asking for like 200k, so I respect when a dev actually tells it like it is.

Thanks so much!

And glad our honesty is paying off. Sometimes it feels like it's more trouble than it's worth, haha. But they come around eventually.

This game looks so good. I did my part and backed it. Come on GAF let's make this happen.

Thank you! We really appreciate it.

Crocodile

We need to get some more prominent Youtubers on this. Like I don't want to tweet bomb Game Grumps or Jim Sterling but.........somebody should!

Also I asked this earlier but I didn't get an answer: So do all tiers (aside from the Digital ONLY tier) at $60 or above include both 1 digital and 1 physical version of the game?

Finally, some fan art!

tumblr_nvkpiforGx1s9i7yno1_1280.jpg

Source

Source

zulux21

Thanks so much!

And glad our honesty is paying off. Sometimes it feels like it's more trouble than it's worth, haha. But they come around eventually.

It's always nice when a company tells it like it is and doesn't assume the person looking at their stuff is an idiot. Nothing sours me on a company faster that quick PR talk littered with obvious lies, so clear cut info is always nice.

I will likely create an indiegogo account and back for a physical copy at some point, but even though I am 99% sure you guys will get the 1.5 mil I can't bring myself to back you until you get closer and rewards are a sure thing since I have already commuted to much money to video games this month to be giving away $60 for nothing.

I really wish I could give more money, but with how the Mexican Peso has been screwed, it's not been the best of times for me economically speaking.

With that said, I played the prototype and it was really fantastic, so I REALLY hope it gets funded, even if I find the goal difficult to reach. I will try to get as many people as possible to check out the prototype because it easily convinced me to pledge.

Good Luck.

#TeamAnnie

Ravidrath

I really wish I could give more money, but with how the Mexican Peso has been screwed, it's not been the best of times for me economically speaking.

With that said, I played the prototype and it was really fantastic, so I REALLY hope it gets funded, even if I find the goal difficult to reach. I will try to get as many people as possible to check out the prototype because it easily convinced me to pledge.

Good Luck.

#TeamAnnie

Thanks so much, man.

Will the shirt designs be shown during the campaign?

I might want to pledge for that level, but I'd rather not sight unseen, but I'd also not want to miss the "limited time offer" of the 2nd shirt.

We need to get some more prominent Youtubers on this. Like I don't want to tweet bomb Game Grumps or Jim Sterling but.........somebody should!

Also I asked this earlier but I didn't get an answer: So do all tiers (aside from the Digital ONLY tier) at $60 or above include both 1 digital and 1 physical version of the game?

Finally, some fan art!

Source

Source

I don't think youtube lets players tend to throw their weight at crowd funded games unless they personally know the team/a person or they get early access to a demo. In this case you could suggest they play the prototype for the show I guess.

So where is this Indiegogo support? I'm not seeing this campaign plastered all over the front page or anything

I'm seeing it in the Top Picks for You and the Trending categories. They only show 4 projects at a time though and there's more than that in each category so you may need to reload the page or flip through the pages before you see them.

Also, Indiegogo wants to recommend stuff near me but apparently can't make up its mind which continent I'm on.

Kamina777

Banned
Not the biggest fan of skullgirl art or animation for that matter, but the style looks more cohesive here and I can dig a non traditional heroine with what appears to be a Hindu goddess form. Hope it reaches goal and that the enemy variety isn't crap.

dat super saiyan god super saiyan transformation
Sonic>Goku>Sonic

The kawaiikochans called it.
Yup! Went through the game a second time and spamming that heal move really worked wonders with the boss. I also found the up arrow attacks with all the characters far more effective than the rest and mostly just used those. Had fun!

I love how the boss battle theme channels the Mana Beast battle music.
I'm glad you got the hang of it. What mana beast music are you talking about? Links are a wonderful thing. They let us share good quality stuff we'd never hear about otherwise. ;)
Razmi can heal!?
Yep
Yup - her super is a powerful heal.

Ajna can also heal and revive the party with her Martial Arts super.
I did not know this.
Yeah, it's nice that this crowdfund doesn't seal extra platforms behind stretch goals, confuse us about the publisher's role in the process or give us no material to judge what the final product will be like. The prototype is surely lifesaver for a lot of people's skepticism. That, and it also gives the team something to stream. :p

Crocodile

I don't think youtube lets players tend to throw their weight at crowd funded games unless they personally know the team/a person or they get early access to a demo. In this case you could suggest they play the prototype for the show I guess.

I don't mean specifically Youtube the corporation getting in and doing something but I just think it would be cool if like Game Grumps did a video of the prototype (they would probably suck at it) like they did for Shovel Knight or just did for Rivals of Aether recently. Internet celebs get eyes on things.

I'm seeing it in the Top Picks for You and the Trending categories. They only show 4 projects at a time though and there's more than that in each category so you may need to reload the page or flip through the pages before you see them.

Also, Indiegogo wants to recommend stuff near me but apparently can't make up its mind which continent I'm on.

Found it on the second page of Trending. But I had to know where to look. If IGG wants its most successful videogaming crowdfunding ever, this should be unmissable on the first page.

We broke $100k!

You may recognize this Incarnation from the campaign video, in the scene with the flames.

Are we getting names and perhaps a super short bio or just the art for these incarnation reveals?

Skullgirls Devs right?
Dedicated as hell along with Lab Zero. I remember them during those embarrassing threads, the worst being the one asking why fighters cost so much. Lol. Totally backed.

Ravidrath

Are we getting names and perhaps a super short bio or just the art for these incarnation reveals?

Maybe short descriptions, but nothing is final so we don't want to really commit to anything.

Skullgirls Devs right?
Dedicated as hell along with Lab Zero. I remember them during those embarrassing threads, the worst being the one asking why fighters cost so much. Lol. Totally backed.

Thanks so much!

And, yeah, I'm surprised no one has posted that thread in here yet, haha.

Ravidrath

Art Compendium = physical artbook?

No, digital.

Similar to what we had on Skullgirls - digital copies of all the concept and production art, and frame dumps of all characters, monsters, etc.

The Skullgirls Digital Art Compendium ended up being around 6 gigs of art, and... could see this one being more.

Top Bottom