• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous demo sharing topic

sca2511

i'd like to play the demo! i have positive transactions from the buy/sell/trade thread, if that helps any. PM please, i'll delete and deactivate the account once the dl starts

Guess ill bite. I know im a junior member but have quite a few of you (Ploid, MrBigJohnson, damion, etc) on my friends list that I play with. Thanks in advanced.

PSN - KoruptData

verio

Merino said:
my pleasure, now just hoping that the one that carpediemdp supplied is going to be unoccupied soon :D

Can I delete the account once the download starts or do I have to finish the download?

EDIT: I've already logged off the account. So, will that be good enough?

rager

Banned
carpediemdp said:
ok, seeing that there are one or two dushbags that are changing the passwords i will wait for like 5 minutes to start sharing while a friend downloads the demo. After that my account can go to hell...

Could you please share the demo with me, I had someone do this to me as well a while back. I would never do that to you. Please.

Merino

verio said:
Can I delete the account once the download starts or do I have to finish the download?

EDIT: I've already logged off the account. So, will that good enough?
I guess you could delete it but just wait to be sure. Once you log-off at least others can use it. Can't hurt to just leave the user-account there for another hour can it?

verio

Merino said:
I guess you could delete it but just wait to be sure. Once you log-off at least others can use it. Can't hurt to just leave the user-account there for another hour can it?

True, thanks for the tip, though. I've logged off the account, so that should free up a spot.

Merino

darkjedi187 said:
anyone know why i keep getting "you cannot log into someone elses account
I have the feeling quite alot of people are trying to do it at this very moment.
Will give it 10 minutes then I'm going to try again :)

Merino

could people wait with passing on carpediemdp account till everyone is finished starting the download?

other wise the amount of people trying to connect is just going to keep growing.

Merino

I don't get how the account can be busy the whole time. I mean it takes about 30 seconds to connect, find and start the download. 1 account should serve about 40 people in 20 minutes that way.

so someone PM'ed me account (info), but where do i put it?

i created a new user and tried inputting the info into the PS Store, but it's also asking me for a Date of Birth (and telling me my info isn't valid once I try entering that)

Mike Works said:

i created a new user and tried inputting the info into the PS Store, but it's also asking me for a Date of Birth (and telling me my info isn't valid once I try entering that)

"Create using existing" instead of "create new"

Merino

Mike Works said:

That's not right. You should make a new user and with that user log in to the PS Store using the email/password you received.

guggnichso

Banned
Mike Works said:

That#s because you accidentially clicked on "Resend Password" instead of "confirm" :)

Rugasuki

I'd love to give the demo a try if anyone is willing to give me a login. I didn't make a HK account fast enough last night.

artist

Banned
Finally got it, thanks to idahoblue. :) Also thanks to Loudninja, II VerTigo II, & thewesker for their generosity.

Protip for making the process easy.

1. Create new user
2. Go to PSN and select account management. Do not go directly to the PSN Store, it'll say you cannot use other's ID blah blah and log the other person out
3. Select the existing login and enter info.
4. Log in
5. Go to the PSN Store
6. On the top right, there is a tab called View Downloads
7. Click on the inFamous Demo and download
8. Log out and delete user

ok!

i'll be leaving in a few minutes to play the demo (d/l'd yesterday but haven't played it yet) so if you still want the demo, PM me.

Top Bottom