• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS Second Son Gameplay Trailer

WarMacheen

iss26tuaq.gif

Do you get "infinite" power, or is there a cooldown on some stuff? I haven't played ether of the others, but if it's infinite and there's a "red jam screen" effect to determine health, is it possible the final game has no hud, as per this demo?

roMonster

2:13

The moment where anyone who has ever asked why can I just my powers to go through this wall got an answer.

Im so trained--my first instinct would have been to try and double jump over it. I hope more destructible environments isnt a tag line on a box but just a part of next gen.

J-Man

Hey good looking! Great looking game, and it looks to play like I remember Infamous 1 to play like but with more powers and more destructible stuff.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It's amazing how this and Shadow Fall took the exact directions I wanted them too. The emphasis on destruction and physics is perfect. I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

This honestly honestly looks amazing. Should have been shown at the conference. Honestly... This is ammmmaaazing. It looks fucking superb. Oh my.

I love inFamous and they seem to have nailed the character as well. Just bravo so far. Fricking Bravo.

Tilian

Banned
OK, now this is the most impressive thing I've seen from E3 yet, and I just finished watching Cage's tech demo. Troy Baker on board is just the icing on the cake too. Day 1, just wish this sucker would have been available at launch.

Too bad they couldn't demo this onstage yesterday, would've made a great conference even better.

WarMacheen

Ya totally noticeable.... If you have a magnifying glass

Actually just view it in 1080p. I didn't see it at first, but after someone mentioned it, I went back and looked, and there are jaggies, not on characters, but on some of the environment. No need for BS hyperbole

Chrysalis

Sooooo Goooooooood!!!!!!!

I'm loving Delsin so far, Its pretty refreshing to have a Super powered character that loves his powers instead having it be his curse or shit like that.

Exactly...reminds me of the fun I had with Bionic Commando.

Also, he may be a slight bit of a dick, but the relationship with the brother will ground him as a character. Actually really looking forward to this. Hell, maybe it'll actually get me to play my Plus copy of Infamous 2.

Pretty cool how some enemies can leap onto the walls and make rock perches to shoot at you from. I'll probably hold out for a PS4 until this game hits.

Salz01

Okay so when they announced it in Feb, I was a little down on the character. But I have to say, he's growing on me. This looks good want to play it.

I love the destruction, hope there are more people with super powers that you have to fight.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Looks fantastic. I love the teleporting/dash move, though it's lame that hover and the main attack are the same as in previous games. C'mon Sucker Punch! Totally new powers should mean totally new abilities - not just the same ones with a different skin.

Took a second look and it appears the Pacific Northwest as a concept is driving the general feel of the environment and city more so than the actual city of Seattle. Which is great because the Pacific Northwest is an incredibly beautiful place and having the creative freedom to design based on that as an inspiration is much more compelling than an accurate recreation of Seattle could ever be. To see how different their landscape is going to be compared to the real thing, compare these photos from the Space Needle (Infamous one from 5:12-5:13).

Seattle%20201208%20Space%20Needle%20View%20%2822%29-S.jpg

Seattle%20201208%20Space%20Needle%20View%20%281%29-S.jpg

jl5n0kP.png

As you can see, the Infamous version really tries to condense all the best parts of the Northwest together (islands, Puget Sound, mountain ranges, forests) and gets rid of the parts of Seattle like the industrial district. They're really putting their own spin on it because I can't even tell what the real world analogues are supposed to be because the geography is so different. I think that city portion to the right across the water could be West Seattle (or perhaps Magnolia) and the island in the background is supposed to be Vashon. They've also put a lot of bridges in there connecting everything (hard to see but look closely) so the open world looks to be pretty expansive. I'm really curious where that bridge on the right of the island is going since it looks like it goes past West Seattle to perhaps a version of Bainbridge Island.

AngryMoth

Looks great. Shame it won't be there at launch but I'm glad they aren't rushing it.

Graphically it's a lot more impressive when you actually see it being played that it is in the trailers I think.

Looks incredible. I'm properly impressed. Sucker Punch is killing it. I hope they deliver on the story and that thegame has at least as much content as the past games.

Ephemeris

Day One of E3 over. Infamous was the first game I've seen.

IT LOOKED JUST LIKE THE TRAILER. THAT SHIT WAS REAL TIME.

My mind was blown. They were playing it right in front of me. And to think the game is a first generation title!

PaulloDEC

People keep talking about the PS4 not having any system sellers. For me, this would be a system seller (if I wasn't already on-board).

Looks like a ton of fun. Total faith in Sucker Punch at this point.

Do you get "infinite" power, or is there a cooldown on some stuff? I haven't played ether of the others, but if it's infinite and there's a "red jam screen" effect to determine health, is it possible the final game has no hud, as per this demo?

It's like the other games. Cole had to suck electricity out of things all the time to keep charged up. This works the same way, but you charge up by blowing things up to get smoke I think.

Top Bottom