• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS Second Son Gameplay Trailer

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Day 1. Most anticipated next gen game easy.Love the destruction and smoke effects.

so the fact that you smoke powers instead of lightning means absolutely fuck all and you still spend 99% of the time shooting smoke bullets at people

grumble

so the fact that you smoke powers instead of lightning means absolutely fuck all and you still spend 99% of the time shooting smoke bullets at people

Haha seems so right? I'd be interested to see more open world games without any ranged weapons at all, or at least not many. Sleeping Dogs was a bit like this with its martial arts mechanics.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I really appreciate that they found ways to make traversal even faster and smoother. Very nice. That's a highlight.

Jonboy

Sorry for double post. Didnt see this thread.

Game is so gorgeous. My most anticipated ps4 title. Was really hoping for launch but can't be too upset if they spend more time polishing it up.

Leks

WOW! I want a PlayStation 4 just for this game, this looks awesome. inFamous 1&2 are my favorite PS3 exclusives.

I hope it will be 60fps.

I loved the first infamous, never played the second. It looks like they still know how to make traversal and combat amazing. I'm very impressed and hopefully gone are the days of the lousy IQ.

Arnie

This looks phenomenal, and most importantly fun to play.

The smoking through vents is a brilliant idea. Please put the Lost monster sounds in.

King326

Some screens:

inFAMOUS-Second-Son_2013_06-10-13_006.jpg

inFAMOUS-Second-Son_2013_06-10-13_002.jpg

inFAMOUS-Second-Son_2013_06-10-13_003.jpg

inFAMOUS-Second-Son_2013_06-10-13_009.jpg

Zeth

edit: alas, gif exists! flies through ventilation>hovers to ground>ultra powerslam. So damn good. Infamous 2 is easily one of the best PS3 games.

SRTtoZ

WHY didn't they show this at the conference??? that was fucking mind-blowing. Destructible environments? Godlike blinks and great fire effects. This is the way you do Infamous.

Leucrota

I will pick this up because the destruction is impressive and I love me some destruction.

Also because Red Faction Guerilla 2 probably doesn't exist.

Are you fucking kidding me?? How was this not shown off at Sony's conference. That 5 minute video was better than anything they showed on-screen...and it's GAMEPLAY?

I need this game like, yesterday. Straight to the veins.

dreamfall

The freedom of movement in this game looks utterly exhilarating. Literally flying above buildings, jumping through electrical conductor vents, creating an air strike by nearly flying out of the stratosphere- blown away.

I'm not sure if I like the combat (but I did really enjoy it in both previous titles) but that destructibility looked so good. Definitely want this!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I watched the live demo they had of Second Son today, and, despite me being a huge inFAMOUS fan, if I wasn't before, this game would have piqued my interest.

The first thing I noticed about the game (and really, all of the PS4 games I saw today, including ACIV), was how crisp and clean the IQ is. Granted I wasn't 2 feet close to the television (which I think was a 50+ inch set), but I also didn't detect any jaggies. The anti-aliasing was excellent.

Next up was the framerate, which was buttery smooth. For a game that doesn't come out until quarter 1 2014 (confirmed by the Sucker Punch dev I asked after the presentation), it ran incredibly. I didn't notice any chugging or hiccuping or anything. For first generation PS4 titles, they all look so damn clean and smooth.

The animations of Delsin are also really fluid, and have a lot of character. Moreso than Cole. Just the way he moves and flings his powers around shows a lot of personality to the character. He moves like a cocky shit, which I think he is. Lol.

As for the gameplay? It's inFAMOUS. Yes, it looks like the first two games in terms of it being a third person shooter, but, well, that's what the franchise is: a superhero third person shooter. I'm not going to knock it for that, just like I won't knock Super Mario Bros for being a platformer. In either case, the game looked fun as hell, and I'm incredibly bummed that it's not a launch title. I'm still getting a PS4 day 1, but man, this would have been a great launch title to go along with it.

Top Bottom