• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS: Second Son out in February

Shahadan

not a chance, they were already aiming for launch but had to delay to polish. that's why its releasing relatively soon after launch.

You know how many times I've heard this at almost every pre-launch period?
That said this one seems well advanced, I agree.

I tend to not believe anything about release during launch periods. Unless I'm given a set day.

Thoraxes

I may as well just wait for this to come out. Was really hoping it'd make launch. Hopefully Destiny hits around then too.

After watching the two videos Greg says to watch I am not convinced of the February release. Don't get me wrong it still could but in the Up at Noon video he mentioned Nate Fox said over and over again Q1 2014. And in the E3 demo Greg was asking them to give him something else then quarter one and a PR guy off camera reluctantly said February.

So when he said Nate Fox confirmed February that wasn't exactly true.

Like I said its not outside the realm of possibility for this game to land in February and it probably will, but Sony/Sucker Punch have not committed to a release date. IGN is stretching the truth here a bit.

The two videos Greg talks about for reference:
Up At Noon
Nate Fox talks about Q1 2014 late in the video.

Infamous E3 2013 Live Demo
Here's the other video Greg is talking about. Take what you will from it.

dreamfall

Rad!

This game looked the most impressive for me- a real reason to pick up the console!

Those smoke powers keep looking incredible.

Loudninja

After watching the two videos Greg says to watch I am not convinced of the February release. Don't get me wrong it still could but in the Up at Noon video he mentioned Nate Fox said over and over again Q1 2014. And in the E3 demo Greg was asking them to give him something else then quarter one and a PR guy off camera reluctantly said February.

So when he said Nate Fox confirmed February that wasn't exactly true.

Like I said its not outside the realm of possibility for this game to land in February and it probably will, but Sony/Sucker Punch have not committed to a release date. IGN is stretching the truth here a bit.

The two videos Greg talks about for reference:
Up At Noon
Nate Fox talks about Q1 2014 late in the video.

Infamous E3 2013 Live Demo
Here's the other video Greg is talking about. Take what you will from it.
This is one of the games that has been shown very often so it is coming soon.

anddo0

Glad it made the launch window. There day one.

ibrTJQpnigZr32.gif

Yes i am using every excuse to use this gif as I spent an embarrassingly long time working on it

amazing stuff

CF22

I'm watching the Simpsons on CW and during commercials I saw what I first thought to be an Infamous: Second Son trailer. In reality it is a new series called The Tomorrow People, but the 30 seconds or so looked a lot like Infamous, the guy's clothes even resemble that of the game's main character. I'm not a fan of either series and haven't played any Infamous but thought it was a coincidence. Here's a preview of the TV series but the commercial I saw looks very close to the game:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JwXVsRUi53k

Elginer

that gif is insane. Damn this really does blow every other next-gen game I've seen visually away. Damn, I can't even imagine what SSM and Naughty Gods are gonna show. Shit is gonna make people die from amazingness.

Mario007

it's one of the key features for ps4 early on. look at this game. flashy stuff from Shadow Fall's MP, Resogun. it's almost like a requirement
Well it's not like I'm complaining, just noticed it there. It makes it jarring how other games then don't have all those particles.
element (their former community manager) said that SP hired the one of the best FX artist in the business to work on the game.
That's awesome news.

So...

(Infamous 2)
Second Son is canon for the bad ending? Cole is still alive?

Nope, good ending ties directly to Second Son.

Almost all conduits across the earth died but few of them have survived, the whole extreme control is exactly to weed out the remaining, living conduits.

Raptor

element (their former community manager) said that SP hired the one of the best FX artist in the business to work on the game.

You can notice this immediatly since the reveal, those smoke particle effects are just insane.

Really pretty stuff, one of the reason I loved Bayonetta was that in fact, colors and effects all over the screen at all times, I really love that.

I think he's just copying them.

In IGN's Up at Noon interview with Nate Fox he mentioned something (I think) about the story basically being Delsin wrangling up a bunch of heroes to do something together. Wouldn't be much good if he just depowered all of them!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I think he steals them without killing. He doesn't seem the type to kill, but maybe the type to steal?

And the wording in the trailer seems much more than just a copy.

It's more than just copying powers, he's copying memories and thoughts too going by the video. He's seeing her past when it cuts to the graphic novel cutscenes.

I'm sure this'll be an important plot point.

wapplew

Maybe just copy part of the power if you choose good path, kill and copy all power for evil path!
Hope we can switch power on the fly

Maybe just copy part of the power if you choose good path, kill and copy all power for evil path!
Hope we can switch power on the fly

From VG247:

I can tell you that the team has something neat in store when it comes to how Deslin switches between powers, and I was told that when he moves between smoke or neon mode – the two powers announced so far – his method of traversal changes drastically.

Good article by the way

Ah ok thanks, any idea as to what they do? I haven't read anything yet (only watched the trailer and dev diary)

This is the part I am struggling with. Neon is an inert gas with very low current, and Fetch starts the trailer by saying she has never hurt anyone and then her arm glows and goes toward the guy in front of her.

No idea how they are going to turn this into something usable, but I can't wait to find out.

Top Bottom