• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS: Second Son out in February

My big thing is that now that Neon has been confirmed anything is up for grabs...No clue on how many there are even gonna be. Hell, 3 seems like a lot.

TheJLC

Now I'm really thinking of waiting until January instead of getting the PS4 on November. Only one month of waiting then until inFamous, otherwise I might go crazy waiting on all these good games.

PaulloDEC

This is the part I am struggling with. Neon is an inert gas with very low current, and Fetch starts the trailer by saying she has never hurt anyone and then her arm glows and goes toward the guy in front of her.

No idea how they are going to turn this into something usable, but I can't wait to find out.

Reminds me of the Season 2 finale of Misfits, where a character winds up with the power to control
dairy products.
Sounds useless initially, but ends up being anything but.

Loudninja

My big thing is that now that Neon has been confirmed anything is up for grabs...No clue on how many there are even gonna be. Hell, 3 seems like a lot.
BTW in the PS livestream your favourite cheeseball Nate Fox gave some new info:

-Number of other powers besides smoke, the powers level up as the game goes on and the powers become different depending on the choises you make (good/evil).

-Different powers have different playstyles.

-Some choises will be very black and white while some are more subtle.

-Didn't comment on User Generated Content coming back but he made it sound like it might be/they have some crazy unannounced features.

Nate Fox was on the PSblog stream and made it sound like there are going to be quite a few powers, and this time they'll have a bigger impact on how the game plays. Smoke is for pure speed according to him.

CQt.gif
Ability to generate bright bursts of multi-colored energy plasmoids? Not bad

wapplew

Reminds me of the Season 2 finale of Misfits, where a character winds up with the power to control
dairy products.
Sounds useless initially, but ends up being anything but.

Oh, what a nice show, Misfits. I stop watching after Robert Sheehan left, he's the charm of the show for me.

As for neon power, probably just control of Air element with color twist which make it 10 times more interesting.

Messi

Oh, what a nice show, Misfits. I stop watching after Robert Sheehan left, he's the charm of the show for me.

As for neon power, probably just control of Air element with color twist which make it 10 times more interesting.

season after is good too. Rudy is good, not as good as nate but still funny.

donwx

Banned
To anyone who wants to play this game when it launches I suggest that you get a ps4 at launch, I think its a little naive to think that you'll be able to buy a ps4 in January or even February, the console will probably still be backordered due to all the launch consoles being sold out by then....

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
This is the part I am struggling with. Neon is an inert gas with very low current, and Fetch starts the trailer by saying she has never hurt anyone and then her arm glows and goes toward the guy in front of her.

No idea how they are going to turn this into something usable, but I can't wait to find out.

Smoke doesn't have any concussive properties either, yet you shoot at dudes and it hurts them. I think the powers in this game are going to be based on cool visuals more so than the actual properties of the elements.

I also think that the smoke powers we've seen could just as easily have been called fire, but they wanted the powers to sound unique. Neon will probably be a lot like electricity with light balls and rays and such.

it doesn't mean anything unless he gives us an example of this size.

It doesn't mean anything no matter what because he's a games journalist hyping up a game pre-release.

Both of these responses sound kind of negative, but I like Infamous a lot and Second Son is the only AAA PS4 title I'm interested in.

CQt.gif

Return of dem particle effects!!

PS3 generation sucked for particle effects, it caused slowdowns and shit. PS2 was the particle king! And now we are back on the right track with PS4.

evolution

Maybe he's literally just the second son. He is the younger brother. I think the story is going to focus on their relationship.

So the main character is Cole's son is pretty much confirmed right? I mean... I have no idea how... but it'd hardly be a bigger twist than Kesler.

I doubt it. Second Son were the name of the group learning to use their powers, I think. Its been a while since I played the first one and I cant remember exactly what the Second Sons were. Also, there was no mention of any children in 1 or 2 and woman was killed off in the fist game.

Mario007

I doubt it. Second Son were the name of the group learning to use their powers, I think. Its been a while since I played the first one and I cant remember exactly what the Second Sons were. Also, there was no mention of any children in 1 or 2 and woman was killed off in the fist game.
They weren't anything. It was the First Sons that were creating the Ray Sphere for Kessler.

All this incredible media from the game is making the wait so excruciating.

I wish this was launch so bad!!!!!!

I would easily trade Knack and Drive Club in 2014, just to have this at launch.

Top Bottom