• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son Review Thread

T.O.P

Banned
Going with 85

Gonna be interesting, hope the game delivers (not a fan of the first Infamous and i skipped 2, but i have Second Son Beanie Edition that just shipped from amazon and i don't have yet a Ps4 mindfuck.jpg)

Cade

Feeling on the low side. Gonna guess 84 metacritic, right in between the other two Infamous'. Lower scores will probably cite length as a factor. But yeah, I just feel like it'll come in about mid80s so 84's my guess.

I'm excited for this game - something to play on the PS4 - but I can't help remember how mediocre Infamous 2 was. Nothing kills hype like being rational.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The only downside of this game is the pissing contest it is going to start between X1/Titanfall fanboys and Sony/Infamous fanboys.

I hope we can all get passed that and enjoy the games available to us.
Thisisneogaf.gif

chadboban

The only downside of this game is the pissing contest it is going to start between X1/Titanfall fanboys and Sony/Infamous fanboys.

I hope we can all get passed that and enjoy the games available to us.

Me too :)
never gonna happen though :(

Nymphae

Banned
Reviews aside, I'm still getting it tomorrow. Thank you Sony for releasing on a Friday so I can have all weekend with Second Son.

I've never understood why games release on Tuesdays. Most movies release on Fridays because that's when people are free and want to see a movie, same with games.

found this floating on the net-this cannot be real..
plagyr.jpg

I predict metacritic 88 for this-

(picking up my copy from store in about 30 minutes)

Do any of these reviews have FPS, resolution, number of emotional deaths, or time to beat the main story? If there aren't any numbers, I cannot make an opinion if a game is good or not.

Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

uggh, but yes. to be expected, along with a Titanfall comparison, which will lead us to saying huh?

Polygon would have gave it a 9 out of 10 if they protagonist was wearing a scarf and had a beard.

MJLord

I've never understood why games release on Tuesdays. Most movies release on Fridays because that's when people are free and want to see a movie, same with games.

To piss off everyone outside the US who has to wait until friday presumably xD

I've managed to get this far without being spoiled. When the reviews come in can we mark any for spoiler warnings?

And it should go without saying to keep spoiler posts out or at the very least in tags.

breakfuss

I'm going to say...~88. As long as it follows the trajectory of improvement they started w/ Infamous 2 I'm good!

Hellshy.

Guessing around 78. There's been less score inflation recently and it seems like this game isn't much different than I2 which got an 83.

Why do you say it isnt much different? Besides obvious improvements to graphics you get several powers instead of 1 and traversal looks better. Also I heard they Improved the story big time.

Feeling on the low side. Gonna guess 84 metacritic, right in between the other two Infamous'. Lower scores will probably cite length as a factor. But yeah, I just feel like it'll come in about mid80s so 84's my guess.

84 = low side? LMAO, what has game reviews become?

velcry

Collating as many predictions as I can... If you're adding your own prediction, please copy and paste this list and add on to it in numerological order!

90 Metacritic on the dot - NyMartin
Guessing somewhere between 8.5 and 9 on metacritic probably. - Ethelwulf
89 metacritic. Come at me. - hohoXD123
88 metascore. Lock it in.
- MercuryLS
88 metacritic score. probably - killatopak
I'd go with an 87 metascore. Hoping for higher tho, really looking forward to it. - Markitron
sticking with my 85 meta prediction. - InvisibleStride
85. Any higher and I'll be pleasantly surprised - velcry
Calling 83 Metascore. - DaBuddaDa

codhand

this GamerFit review is on point, he points out missing aspects from the previous games in the series, and just generally paints the picture well

I'm going to guess a respectable 86 metascore. At its core Second Son is still inFamous, and that series has always been somewhat divisive. I really enjoyed it, but a lot of people aren't super impressed with what it brings to the table.

Collating as many predictions as I can... If you're adding your own prediction, please copy and paste this list and add on to it in numerological order!

90 Metacritic on the dot - NyMartin
Guessing somewhere between 8.5 and 9 on metacritic probably. - Ethelwulf
89 metacritic. Come at me. - hohoXD123
88 metascore. Lock it in.
- MercuryLS
88 metacritic score. probably - killatopak
I'd go with an 87 metascore. Hoping for higher tho, really looking forward to it. - Markitron
sticking with my 85 meta prediction. - InvisibleStride
85. Any higher and I'll be pleasantly surprised - velcry
Calling 83 Metascore. - DaBuddaDa
Trying to be realistic, I'm gonna say 88.

Top Bottom