• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son Review Thread

Neuro

90 Metacritic on the dot - NyMartin
Guessing somewhere between 8.5 and 9 on metacritic probably. - Ethelwulf
89 metacritic. Come at me. - hohoXD123
88 metascore. Lock it in. - MercuryLS
88 metacritic score. probably - killatopak
88 metacritic. Dead on. - Yaser_Tech
I'd go with an 87 metascore. Hoping for higher tho, really looking forward to it. - Markitron
sticking with my 85 meta prediction. - InvisibleStride
85. Any higher and I'll be pleasantly surprised - velcry
Calling 79 Metascore Might be off by a point or two... - Neuro

I doubt he thinks he could get away with a 6. Bet it's a 7 or 7.5 on Polygon and that it's in the bottom tenth percentile of scores overall.

How is he still employed in that role? He's killing Polygon's reputation.

He really is. But he also brings hits to the website. Long-term, he must be doing some real damage to their credibility though.

I think they'll go with a 6 - saying it's not a generational leap from Infamous 2 or something.

sjay1994

15 minutes left

highway+to+the+danger+zone.jpg

Hoping its at least 85+

Will be shocked and annoyed if lower than infamous 2.

Shadownet

Banned
88 metascore. Lock it in. - MercuryLS
88 metacritic. Dead on. - Yaser_Tech
I'd go with an 87 metascore. Hoping for higher tho, really looking forward to it. - Markitron
Calling 83 Metascore. - DaBuddaDa

Put me down on that 89 son! And Lace too!

GlamFM

Banned
Collating as many predictions as I can... If you're adding your own prediction, please copy and paste this list and add on to it in numerological order!

88 metascore. Lock it in.
- MercuryLS
Calling 83 Metascore. - DaBuddaDa

86 Meta. What do I win?

Gurish

I'm predicting a 78 MC although it will be considered as the best game in the series by critics as well, but i think reviewers today are more strict and it's harder to get 9's.

This title will get a lot of flak from critics because it plays like the old ones and it doesn't feel like much of an improvement.

I'm thinking 85 Metacritic. Lots of commentary on the graphics and complaints about the lack of gameplay innovation brings down the score methinks.

reKon

Banned
Eh I'll go with 86.

Remembwr that infamous 2 was an improvement in almost every way compared to infamous 1 and infamous has the higher score. Infamous SS looks great and seems to be the most fun infamous so I think that will take it far. It's the lack of content that will hurt the score.

I predict 84 on Metacritic. They're gonna criticize it for being yet another Infamous game.

Lowest score might be from Eurogamer, they seem to hate games that aren't fleshed out experiences. Especially open world games.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'll go with 85. A lot of people will say there isn't much to do outside of the main story.

coldone

The only downside of this game is the pissing contest it is going to start between X1/Titanfall fanboys and Sony/Infamous fanboys.

I hope we can all get passed that and enjoy the games available to us.

Even though it is a good game. Not enough new for the 4th iteration. We have already done and seen a similar world thrice.

First time it was cool, second time it was very refined. Third time zombie theme.. now 4th time they need to do some thing really big not just a new coat of paint.

I really hope they will mix up the formula next time or give a break like uncharted and come back in 5 years.

U2NUMB

I am guessing an average of 88 or so...

But not even worried about reviews.. my copy shipped and will be here tomorrow. Excited for an open world next gen game.

Top Bottom