• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son Screenshot Contest

Disguises

Here's my attempt! Looking forward to the possibility of being able to grab screenshots faster than by using the PS App

5L4g0Qs.jpg

Disguises

Wait, you can take a screenshot with the PSApp? How does that work?
As far as I know it's the best method to get screenshots from PS4 to your computer. Send a message with image to a secondary account. Log into PS app with that secondary account. open image attachment. save to device. transfer to computer...yeah...long, but hopefully that's changing soon

Edit: More detailed
Nah:
1. On your PS4 send a message (either to a second PSN account or have a friend help out) and include your screenshot as an attachment. (One screenshot per message).
2. Login to the account you sent the screenshot to via the PS App and download the image to your device.
3. Transfer the image from your device to your PC and then upload somewhere.

Takes a bit longer but you don't need twitter or facebook to get your screenshots off there, quality is better too.

FeiRR

Banned
FW 1.70 is supposed to come on April 30th. Should we postpone the deadline by a day or two so that people are able to export their entries via USB? What do you think?

Some really awe-inspiring images here, and yet it's just the beginning. There will be even better looking PS4 games to come in the months/years ahead and that blows my mind a little. I wonder what the hell kind of quality shots people will be taking when Uncharted 5 lands, or The Order 1986 (moustaches and mullets).

Some really awe-inspiring images here, and yet it's just the beginning. There will be even better looking PS4 games to come in the months/years ahead and that blows my mind a little. I wonder what the hell kind of quality shots people will be taking when Uncharted 5 lands, or The Order 1986 (moustaches and mullets).

Yeah, the Order absolutely needs this.

GobFather

As far as I know it's the best method to get screenshots from PS4 to your computer. Send a message with image to a secondary account. Log into PS app with that secondary account. open image attachment. save to device. transfer to computer...yeah...long, but hopefully that's changing soon

Edit: More detailed

Thank you.

Noks415

If only the PS4 allowed custom background images with some sort of slideshow feature. I would use all of these amazing screenshots. Keep up the great work guys.

Sami+

Some really awe-inspiring images here, and yet it's just the beginning. There will be even better looking PS4 games to come in the months/years ahead and that blows my mind a little. I wonder what the hell kind of quality shots people will be taking when Uncharted 5 lands, or The Order 1886 (moustaches and mullets).

Everyone storm twitter!

Here's my favorite of my pictures so far. I was messing around with the depth of field settings and liked the way the background blurred out when focused on the Seattle Music Festival poster...

4Udm8zq.jpg

cyber_ninja

A lot of amazing screen shots in here; too bad i'm unable to contribute as my schedule won't allow me to... sadface.jpg
keep up the good work guys.

I don't have infamous anymore but man these screenshots are beautiful. Great work everybody. The share feature on the PS4 is shaping up to be the best part about the console.

Nah:
1. On your PS4 send a message (either to a second PSN account or have a friend help out) and include your screenshot as an attachment. (One screenshot per message).
2. Login to the account you sent the screenshot to via the PS App and download the image to your device.
3. Transfer the image from your device to your PC and then upload somewhere.

Takes a bit longer but you don't need twitter or facebook to get your screenshots off there, quality is better too.

You don't have to log into the dummy account with the PS App. You can just log into the main account you sent the message from and it'll show up as a "sent" message in your conversations. I have a random EU account that I use as a dummy and I was able to get mine by logging into my normal NA account and download the image from the "sent" side of the conversation.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You don't have to log into the dummy account with the PS App. You can just log into the main account you sent the message from and it'll show up as a "sent" message in your conversations. I have a random EU account that I use as a dummy and I was able to get mine by logging into my normal NA account and download the image from the "sent" side of the conversation.

Do you actually need a dummy account at all? Can't you send the message to yourself? Haven't tried this, so I don't know if that would actually work.

lt519

I love this

Thanks! Some of the backdrops for this game are beautiful. I was running around the city and caught this out of the corner of my eye and had to start taking some photos. I like the fire halo it forms around his head and the bridge beneath his feet making him look larger than life.

I really like that some of these pictures are mind-blowing on the technical side while some are just very simple silhouettes of beautiful art direction. They really nailed the game on both fronts.

M.Steiner

Do you actually need a dummy account at all? Can't you send the message to yourself? Haven't tried this, so I don't know if that would actually work.
Unless there's a magic way I don't know about, you can't send messages to yourself. I actually tried to do that originally and it wouldn't let me select my own ID. Kinda de-highlighted it.
So whether you log in to your main account for step 2 instead of the dummy account (which I haven't tried) you still need to have sent it to that dummy/friend account in step 1 anyway.

1.7 will be here in less than a week though so it won't be long before we can just pull them off the console via USB instead of sending them here there and everywhere hehe.

b0bbyJ03

This is the most genius unintentional marketing campaign that Sony could have come up with. If this doesn't sell a few people then I don't know what will.

roboshawn

Neo Member

I'm sending them to a good friend that I don't mind seeing my pics. Then I just use the PSApp with my own account and download.

FeiRR

Banned
We're moving the deadline two days ahead to midnight, May 2nd PST / 7:00 am, 3rd May GMT. in order to allow people to export their entries via USB. That's the only change in the rules. More time to decide about your killer shot!

Top Bottom