• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinite Warfare borrow designs from Halo?

Kalentan

Reposting for new page (since it was posted at the end) at least for those who are using 50 posts. Sorry for those using 100.

So going through some videos of the Merc RIG I did find this:

3eb382c0dc11939dda8b421825e72d78.png

So the Excavation helmet is the one in the OP. (It should be noted that Green Screen and Bolster are also similar but different color scheme/pattern) However, if you go slightly back in the video...

d4250b5cfa5ccb8e0311d3e660c85075.png

The body however, is called Trojan, so the body and helmet are not part of the same set.

763b62feda8ba55fa62b8d59c6612976.png

This is the helmet that goes with the body.

You have to mix and match to make the Jorge-like design. It's not a 'set' in the game.

Which is why accusing it of being a rip-off just seems like a stretch to me. I'm not sure how you get from admitted the Pelican took inspiration to saying but the CoD ship is just a step too far and a ripoff.

How about those other pictures he posted that are pure blatant rip offs?

I played the multiplayer yesterday, it's absolute dog shit and so is the menu design in that beta. Doesn't give me much faith.

Quoting for visibility.

Well none of us knows that.

All I know is I proved they literally copied and used parts of Bungies art. The smoke is telling

7kNRGzh.jpg

If this is true then it's pretty shameful that people are trying to sweep it under the rug for whatever reason.

Even if you thought that it was a non issue at first this changes things and it's ok to change your stance on the issue people.

This is a company that makes 100's of millions on this franchise easily. If anyone could afford to hire competent artists to come up with something original and not steal art assets and such it would be them.

Remember guys, we freaking fund this behavior when we buy their games. If you are a fan then you should be throwing flack their way so that in the future you get better stuff because they have to raise the bar. If anyone can afford to raise the bar it's the people who own COD.

7kNRGzh.jpg

If this is true then it's pretty shameful that people are trying to sweep it under the rug for whatever reason.

Even if you thought that it was a non issue at first this changes things and it's ok to change your stance on the issue people.

This is a company that makes 100's of millions on this franchise easily. If anyone could afford to hire competent artists to come up with something original and not steal art assets and such it would be them.

Remember guys, we freaking fund this behavior when we buy their games. If you are a fan then you should be throwing flack their way so that in the future you get better stuff because they have to raise the bar. If anyone can afford to raise the bar it's the people who own COD.

Can I ask why you care so much?

It's one tiny piece of artwork for a calling card in a game with an absolute sea of calling cards. Does this one asset with a partially stolen background invalidate the fuckloads of money Treyarch/Activision put into making the rest of Black Ops 3's content? You know, the important stuff, like the weapon models, character models, map geometry, textures, sound effects, etc.?

I cannot get over how fucking insignificant this is, and I am baffled by how much people care. Do you think Activision is going to start carbon copying other developers' games in the future because "we freaking funded it" by buying a game with one picture that copied some background smoke for a cute Halo: Reach-themed calling card?

What the fuck?

Apparently because its from Black Ops 3 instead of Infinite Warfare? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Seems to be a blatant copy.

It's the same series but games made from different developers. For example Black Ops 3 made by Treyarch, Infinite Warfare made by Infinity Ward. This thread is supposed to be about Infinite Warfare, yet there is evidence of another game copying something, which has absolutely nothing to do with Infinite Warfare, therefore it is misleading to use it as evidence in this case.

7kNRGzh.jpg

BjeiL8WnqByKY.gif

The artwork is clearly a nod to Halo, and that's probably a stock image.

Randam

http://i.imgur.com/7kNRGzh.jpg

dude.. srsly..

we all know it looks like Halo.
that is the point.
and so the smake is the same. so what?
it is supposed to be a copy.

Top Bottom