• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward confirms: CoD Ghost is 720p on Xbox One, 1080p on PS4

iLhcwsu5RxlMO.jpg

ifLTGVwIkjZUN.jpg

I think it would be hard to see in some sections of the game simply because the blacks are cranked up to a million in the Xbox One version.

Mondy

Banned
I, and in connection - all of you, received a boatload of shit about this. I got death threats. I got mouth frothing insults. Most of them included stuff like "you and your sonybuttfucking gaf".

So maybe I should die. Maybe we buttfuck Sony. But it turns out that I wasn't wrong. Thuway wasn't wrong. And those of you who believed us weren't wrong. We didn't just make it up because we love Sony and hate ms. We said it because it was true.

Feeling slightly vindicated. Been an intense week of hatred. Kinda scary, even.

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. Continue to keep us informed :)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Oh lawd. Can someone explain to me again what's causing sub-1080p video on Xbone? Does it have something to do with ESRAM "bottle necking?"

The ESRAM is definitely a limiting factor for resolution, but the console also has significantly less shading power than the PS4, so it simply cannot handle as much pixel work per frame.

Anybody know what resolution Dead rising and Titanfall are?

dead rising - dynamic resolution. whatever the hell that means.

titanfall - certainly not 1080p so far. devs don't want to talk about resolution no matter how many times they are asked about it. if it were 1080p, devs would have proudly said so. yes, things change. then again, most (if not all) of the 1080p games so far have been confirmed as 1080p for months and months now.

RaikuHebi

Banned
This is the stuff that makes people hate GAF lol.

Anyways, do you guys think we will see parity (and by that I mean Xbox improvements) as time goes on? Is this just launch problems/issues with cross gen/Sony being easier to develop for?

Or will the gap get wider?
Nothing on the XBone will come close to what Naughty Dog are brewing. It was true this gen and it'll be even truer next-gen.

55% difference in GPU is still there even if devs can get to grips with the XBone.

MLCodest

I, and in connection - all of you, received a boatload of shit about this. I got death threats. I got mouth frothing insults. Most of them included stuff like "you and your sonybuttfucking gaf".

So maybe I should die. Maybe we buttfuck Sony. But it turns out that I wasn't wrong. Thuway wasn't wrong. And those of you who believed us weren't wrong. We didn't just make it up because we love Sony and hate ms. We said it because it was true.

You did good man, you have the right to feel vindicated.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Pre-ordered cancelled...uncancelled...fuck with all these megatons I can't even remember which console I'm talking about anymore. lol

Pop

Anybody know what resolution Dead rising and Titanfall are?

Dead Rising I believe is 720p maybe even dynamicccc. Titanfall don't know, with the source engine you would expect 1080p but judging by what's going on with the X1 probably 720p.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Haha, honestly, if i had one pre-ordered i'd be doing the same thing because... this is basically an uprezed current gen game... what are they going to do when the going gets rough and they start demanding more from the HW with games made from the ground up for next gen?, dial back the resolution to 480p?... (i know they won't but still...)

Hopefully they target PC first, then dial down certain settings for consoles. PS4 gets the "high" settings, Xbone the "medium." etc.

Nags

Banned
It seems pretty apparent that there isn't much to the fears that publishers would opt for parity over taking advantage of PS4 additional resources. Both EA and Activision, seem more than willing to publish titles with significant differences between versions.

And this is the big important message people should take from this.

GameSeeker

I totally agree. I have never been called "F*gg**", sand "n*****", and had my personal career attacked because of dropping a resolution :/. Folks be cray.

Please ignore the small minority of haters. The majority of us on NeoGAF really appreciate the insight that you add to the discussion. The credibility, breadth and quality of industry insiders we have on GAF are unmatched anywhere else.

Thank You.

You know, I really think Mark Rubin should be shamed a bit in all of this. He could have made this a lot easier if he just got on his phone for 30 seconds a week ago. Instead he chose to let the world explode while he and his team went radio silent for whatever reasons. It gained them nothing waiting til today to confirm this.

Then he shows up today and blames his slow response on "being on the road". Yeah, OK dude. We're all stupid and think it's still 1997 and you need to be at your desktop at home to get on the internet and post a tweet.

exarkun

So is this what cboat and bish hinted at? Can't be, since cboat made it sound like whatever they were talking about was worse than the MS OS thing (which is already terrible).

Viruz

I don't know your job, I think cboat and thuway are devs, I just hope that any of you will never become "journalists" for any site/magazine. Keep up the good work guys. We need more people like you.
Sincerely, thank you.

I sure hope so. I want PS2 type domination. So tired of having to buy 2 consoles every gen.

I don't, I really do not want one company dominating as the consumer will get dicked even worse if they do, whoever they are.

I hope ms do something to compete but I fear they're done.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Both are 720p. Dead Rising confirmed. And Titanfall said to be by thuway, cboat, or famous, can't remember :s
Wait, DR3 is 720p now? I suspected dynamic resolution myself but 720p makes the most sense. That would explain how the game went from 15-20 fps with constant tearing to a solid 30 in the span of a month. The demo I saw was definitely running in 1080p at a very low framerate.

Ebomb

Banned

The psychology of a leaker is surely interesting. Its too bad you can't choose the attention you want, because I would think leakers are well aware of the toxicity that comes from the fans of this industry, this was not unexpected. A person is generally cool, but people, as a rule, pretty much suck. Nonetheless, I definitely appreciate early insights.

Nothing on the XBone will come close to what Naughty Dog are brewing. It was true this gen and it'll be even truer next-gen.

55% difference in GPU is still there even if devs can get to grips with the XBone.

ND has earned a lot of cred with Last of Us more than anything else. Wonder how soon we can expect something from them. They will really shake things up.

I still think Sony needs to be advertising their superiority here with this. I'm surprised they aren't. MS has already dug at Sony's PSN with that email they've been sending out, and they actually do a good job of convincing the fans of stuff like improved XBL features.

That's still Sony's weakest front, and I hope they start advertising the hell out of it. Lots of people still don't know or understand what PS+ is.

Top Bottom