• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward developing COD 2016 (shocking news)

massoluk

Banned
Forget WWII, Vietnam, Modern Warfare or even WWI, it's time for

Call of Duty: French and Indian War
Call of Duty: Crimean War
Call of Duty: Song Dynasty Vs Mongol

Tankard

Miss the real Infinity Ward.

The new Infinity Ward would have to be doing something really different to sway me, which is highly unlikely, not even the Blops could me get back to the series.

Caffeine

another one set in the not so distant future using exos lol i would be gg and close the announcement stream.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yay, Infinity Crap. Looking forward to skipping this one.

Bring on Sledgehammer's 2017.

I'm fine with it being ghosts 2 as long as they fix the issues I had with ghosts like horrible oversized maps, terrible killstreaks, dull colorless graphics. I honestly don't have any confidence in IW anymore though. I will more than likely stick with blops 3 until Sledgehammer's game.

Ridley327

This will be first one from IW that will have the former Neversoft team involved the whole way through. Hopefully, those guys helped to fill the holes that the Respawn exodus left.

Oh, and don't do five different SKUs in-house. That was unbelievably stupid when they did it on Ghosts.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I hate IW CODs but i am excited at the prospect of seeing the first true next gen only cod.

Valkrai

I hope it goes back to WW2 or Vietnam. I love Black Ops but BO3 went too far into the future.

As long as it isn't as awful as Ghosts or MW3, I'll be happy with it.

Toli08

Odds of this being bad are high. Ghosts is one of the worst games of all time. These guys made modern warfare 3 which is the second worst cod in history and then made the worst cod in history.

Rather buy any other shooter next year then this turd. The only way they could make me buy a infinity ward game would be if they re made modern warfare 2 just add all of the maps from mw1,2 and 3.

Nokterian

Odds of this being bad are high. Ghosts is one of the worst games of all time. These guys made modern warfare 3 which is the second worst cod in history and then made the worst cod in history.

Rather buy any other shooter next year then this turd. The only way they could make me buy a infinity ward game would be if they re made modern warfare 2 just add all of the maps from mw1,2 and 3.

Yeah MW3 and Ghosts are the worst.

Lagamorph

Come on CoD, don't be part of the Campaign dropping trend!

Then again I'm the type who usually enjoys the Campaign in CoD, the Advanced Warfare one was fantastic, best since the MW series.

Timu

"INNOVATIVE NEW CALL OF DUTY GAME"

I would like to see that. Though I would prefer a year off for this series.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I will buy Ghosts 2 for its single player if it follows on from the original Ghosts. I ain't even joking, I thought the Ghosts campaign was hilariously entertaining in the most ridiculous manner. That and Extinction which was a genuinely great mode.

sjay1994

I wonder if they are going to continue with ghosts, or make a new cod series. Because ghosts 2 seems like a dumb idea.

Well it can't be much worse than Black Ops 3.

At least Ghosts had a hilarious campaign that was fun to play for a few hours.

ViciousDS

Banned

I actually think advanced warfare was the second worst in the series with modern warfare 3 being 3rd worse.

The fact they don't even mention ghosts means they most likely want to move away from that shit mess of a game

Caffeine

blops 2: 2025/varies
Ghosts: 2027
AW: 2055
blops 3: 2065
all futuristic in some form.

lets keep this game in 1990-2015 please lol or ww2 if they do ghosts 2 it would be like 2030 probably :|

jm89

Ghosts was boring but the netcode from day 1 was amazing. I'm just happy that it isn't sledgehammer making the next one after the shitfest that was advanced warfare.

Barakov

I wonder if they are going to continue with ghosts, or make a new cod series. Because ghosts 2 seems like a dumb idea.

The dumbest. What I'm hoping for is for Modern Warfare 4 or something else(ie.WWII). Anything would be better than a Ghosts 2.

Top Bottom