• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 - Introducing Darkseid

lebron-samsung.jpg

Sorry Flash, Darkseid has the best finishing move now.

est1992

Everything about his design to his moveset is absolutely amazing, that supermove is definitely the best I've seen. BUT, damn if those omega beams aren't OP as hell.

hydruxo

I'm really not into fighting games at all but I've been watching every single one of these character announcement videos and I'm really considering picking this up

Looks awesome

Ashtar

I'm really gonna have to buy this game huh? Darkseid is the GOAT villain and deserved more than a cameo in part 1.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is Injustice a fun fighting game? Can someone give me a close comparison on what it plays like? Characters have me super interested.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Damn, I'm tempting to preorder Injustice but I'm not sure if I should give NetherRealm my 60 dollars because they don't have subtitles for intro dialogues, etc.

Is Injustice a fun fighting game? Can someone give me a close comparison on what it plays like? Characters have me super interested.

Gameplay is definitely better version of Mortal Kombat Engine (IMO) so if you like Mortal Kombat then you definitely would enjoy Injustice even more.

Goddamn. The stance, the lasers, everything.

Meanwhile, looking at Marvel, the move lists, lolol.

What do you meant by move lists?

fernoca

If you have played the recent Mortal Kombat games, that's the closest comparison.

Fun game, with tons of content and an easy learning curve. No need to know or play lots if fighting games to get into it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
They really couldn't get good VO?

Brainiac always sounds like he's about to cry

They made a fantastic choice for Brainiac with Jeffrey Combs. It might not be to your taste, but to me it's a god-tier pick.

He brings creepy as hell detachment to the character rather than sounding like another angry shouting villain or the generic robotones of some interpretations.

Khezu

They made a fantastic choice for Brainiac with Jeffrey Combs. It might not be to your taste, but to me it's a god-tier pick.

He brings creepy as hell detachment to the character rather than sounding like another angry shouting villain.

His response to DS about being a God was perfect.

He brings creepy as hell detachment to the character rather than sounding like another angry shouting villain or the generic robotones of some interpretations.

Nah, both him and Darkseid's VO are sub-par. If anything sounds generic it's them.

I mean, I'm still picking up the game but it's weird that they managed to get some decent VO and the rest were afterthoughts

Gambit61

I'm looking forward to playing Swamp Thing and Flash the most, but this was the best character trailer so far. Damn he looks amazing.

Looks appropriately badass. Love their translation of the eye lasers. Only thing I don't like is that the voice actor has a little too much ....passion? I guess? I feel like Darkseid should be more even keeled. Like having to talk to you is a waste of his time. Right now, you could have put "MothaFuckaaa!!" at the end of his "From the firey depths of APOKOLIPS" line and it wouldn't have felt out of place.

dlauv

VA sounds like Shao Kahn, NRS corn. Which makes sense, seeing as he probably isn't relevant to the story.
Brainiac is so good.

That's a pretty bad voice

How come for Injustice they tried hard to get the DCAU voice actors (even GL, who spoke 2 lines in one cameo in Justice League), or at least as many as they could, and this game they kind of just gave up on doing that?

sinkfla87

Everytime a new character trailer is released I want to drop the last character and go with the new one on day 1 haha. Darkseid looks dope as fuck. That beam that goes behind and comes back around looks cheap though. That's going to piss people off no doubt lol.

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member
You know, I get that he's regularly shown with his hands behind his back and even does so a lot in his animated appearances, but seeing it ingame it just looks kind of odd.

I get that he's like above it all and stuff, but it's strange seeing him set up combos or get hit a lot while constantly having his arms behind his back.

Them Omega Beams tho

Top Bottom