• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Spinky

The intro between Sub and Bats sounded new(?). Was worried none of the DLCs would have specific dialogue with the base roster after Red Hood.

patchday

Okay I take it all back Sub-Zero looks sick lmao

Sub looking awesome.

Loved him in X, was concerned they would change too much. Similar yet tweaked with new shit too, good shit NRS.

still at work so havent watched yet. He looks that good for real?! I'll go watch the clips in a bit

Like I was saying the other day MKX graphics look a bit dated so I'm kinda coming around to Subzero a little.

* For clarity, I didnt want to pay for MKX characters because I felt I could always play MKX. But I actually booted it up the other day and realized I'd kinda rather not boot up MKX (cause IJ2 much prettier). Still rather have DC characters but at least not 100% pissed we're getting subzero anymore

Anyone have thoughts on the Aquaman vs. Robin match up because it seems like Waterboy here walks all over him.
I think its one of robins worst matches. I started canceling into blue trait after 212 then nj3 instead of the usual meaty birarang. its kinda tight timing But that can punish both his wakeups and you confirm with the trait after nj3 into a combo. But yeah he fucks robin in neutral, he outranges him and can keep him out with projectiles. Also punish the gap between his two most +on block strings with 12DB2 or just reversal db2theres like a 9 frame gap

Marvel

could never
still at work so havent watched yet. He looks that good for real?! I'll go watch the clips in a bit

Like I was saying the other day MKX graphics look a bit dated so I'm kinda coming around to Subzero a little.

* For clarity, I didnt want to pay for MKX characters because I felt I could always play MKX. But I actually booted it up the other day and realized I'd kinda rather not boot up MKX (cause IJ2 much prettier). Still rather have DC characters but at least not 100% pissed we're getting subzero anymore
I'm a huge MK stan, and while I wasn't overly pleased we've gone the guest character root again, considering potential personal DC faves of mine that might not get in. I can honestly say the footage looks solid enough.

Mained Sub and Rain in the franchise growing up, Cryomancer was my shit in X.

He seems to have a LOT of tools/strings we know from that game plus some nice new additions (I am just going to assume gear abilities) overall I am happy. But since I played him so much over the years I can't see myself jumping back the Lin Kuei train for some time as I am a little burned out with the character. I play Kenshi these days.

I still have yet to try most of the cast.

Hope he gets Shredder gear.

Kard8p3

hot damn does my red hood look sexy af atm.

quick question: I'm assuming the shader colors that aren't for sale you can only get via motherboxes? Or are they ones you unlock as you progress the story(I'm pretty sure you get some this way, no?) or by leveling the character?

edit: also applied to the new guild

Red Hood's abilities from leveling up are Hidden Explosive (lethal lunge meter burn gives combo) and Gutted (replaces parry, blade attacks that MB into the ammoless gun bash). The one at 0:34 in the trailer.

The fact that hidden explosive isn't part of his moveset is really dumb. It's a great move that opens up juggles and combo opportunities with good damage.

These unlockable abilities are definitely one of the worst parts of the game for me. We will never see any of these in a competitive setting which restricts the game for me a little.

patchday

I agree abilities were handled poorly but I definitely don't want them in Ranked for obvious reasons (lets not force pro players to grind PvE to compete on a fair plane lol)

kind of need a crafting system of some sort for abilities & gear. Can only hope Injustice 3 refines their loot systems. Dragonball Xenoverse also had a really stinky RNG system but I read it improved dramatically in Xenoverse 2. I still have PTSD from Xenoverse 1 loot system and there was no option to turn it off in online battles. Was the worst sorry if I sound like a broken record. Was literally RNG on top of RNG to get loot drops

All that said I am glad I can freely ignore abilities for Ranked play. Abilities add a certain unknown factor and can potentially make dudes even more OP.

But as yall know I still engage in Casual and I am fine with abilities there I guess (I mean I do love my Dual Batarangs so yeah...)

Question: I have the standard edition of this game, I was thinking of getting the dlc characters would it be better to go with the $39.99 that comes with 9 characters or a pack? Or wait and see?

patchday

Question: I have the standard edition of this game, I was thinking of getting the dlc characters would it be better to go with the $39.99 that comes with 9 characters or a pack? Or wait and see?

I don't think fighters pack good deal unless you giving value to God shaders

So by getting the ultimate pack, it would be like getting ultimate edition but without steel book case? Also, if I were to get it, could other accounts access this dlc content?

z4chc3na

Not as far as I know, we can just look ahead a few weeks in the game's multiverse schedule and that's when they're coming back.

I expect a patch to come involving a fix for some related stuff... I'll post up if it doesn't.

Where can I see a multiverse schedule?

Leveling up Red Hood before I do his multiverse event.

They really made downloading him so freaking cumbersome. It should have been automatic for those that purchased the ultimate pack.

dubq

Sub looks cool but does anyone else not give a shit about (or want) guest characters from MK? Give me more DCU characters instead.

Darvan

Question do you guy's that use your PS4 pad use the cord or play wireless also has anyone tried Hori Fighting Commander?

Gleethor

I get that the voice actor strike is a huge pain for a game like this, but it's weird that they didn't have any likes prepared for the on-disc characters when facing DLC (except Darkseid). Like, nobody thought to have Kevin Conroy do a single line for Batman facing Red Hood in the extremely likely event that he was DLC?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Sub looks cool but does anyone else not give a shit about (or want) guest characters from MK? Give me more DCU characters instead.

A single guest isn't bad when they're making 9 DLC characters in just year 1. More than one is annoying. I really did not like MKXL using up 4 DLC slots for guests.

Top Bottom