• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

bubumiao

Oh wow, that's awesome.

My amount of source crystals seems to have increased, might have to spend them tonight in case they're a bug.

Edit: Not a bug, source crystals are now rewarded past level 60 and have been retroactively added if you're past that point. Not going to rush now.
Sweet! Still haven't used any, but I'm hoping they'll be useful eventually. I do want to buy Vixen and Mr. Freeze though.

My amount of source crystals seems to have increased, might have to spend them tonight in case they're a bug.

Edit: Not a bug, source crystals are now rewarded past level 60 and have been retroactively added if you're past that point. Not going to rush now.

Holy shit if true thank the Elder Gods.

NRS is awesome. Cant wait to log in with my Profile level 170. It sucked that past 60 leveling up was useless.

delSai

They have to keep going like this. Add Quality of Life stuff, new gear, maybe throw in a new stage as well.

The new way to open Boxes is so much better. Thanks Ed Boon

patchday

really hate how I lose my online replays for updates. Guess I need to start transferring them to youtube or something

Oh interesting. since I'm at L70 guess I have some crystals coming.

JAXXX

jsifq5txru6z.jpg
They also changed the Premier Skin icons to character portraits like on the select screen.

Omg he really has a cape. If he really has the Deception mask i can turn him completely into Shredder.

patchday

Huh subzero actually looks kinda good

-----------

Dont think I got a chance to play online all week (was playing offline / practice)

Just overindulged in a ton of matches. Got bodied once or twice but think I won way more then i lost

Finally just kept rematching this excellent Black Canary / Supergirl player. must have fought each other like 9 times lol. Had to send that guy GGs. woulda kept playing but gotta do some house stuff

I got a lot of quality online time with Bats / Wonder Woman that felt great

patchday

oh and I am still kinda baffled by some players. I legit see I have advantage and will sometimes offer competitive mode (and normally I am rejected). Although going forward I am not going to agree to competitive mode if I'm on Wonder Woman cause her abilities actually helps address some of the major weaknesses of her kit.

sinkfla87

Update is nice. I wish they added a mark all function to delete gear that isn't equipped and you can go back and choose what you want to save.

patchday

I think they fixed the motherbox glitch. Couldnt get the glitch to work (just tried out of curiosity). Looks like a stealth fix for that one.

edit- I pray you guys got yer abilities while you could cause once they add more DLC characters the chances to unlock what you really want will be stupidly absurd

1H30 in the morning so difficult to put the controller down. Injustice 1 story mode was great but this is sooooo much better. Currently at Beetle and Firestorm chapter.

Bought it on xboxone and first time I fire a fighter since I got my elite controller a year ago and it works really well. I don't even think I'll need my madcatz fight pad or Mk tournament fight stick. Injustice 2 seems taylor made for standard controllers.

How the fuck does link to injustice 2 mobile work?

I read that I am supposed to read a code once I press link to injustice 2 mobile but i cant. I can only input a code, on console and on mobile wtf

ZeroX03

Banned
Of course they fixed the multiverse bug.

Patch is a mixed bag. Fast box opening really helps. They're doing everything they can to stop people leveling and getting gear in the game's unpaid economy though. I really wish they'd just leave well enough alone, if it doesn't affect the paid cosmetic shit who cares if people get gear quickly? The paid level boost is kind of gross considering abilities and equipping gear is locked to it.

And of course this'll all be pointless because the inevitable complete edition will have all the paid cosmetics and DLC characters, and they'll stop caring about trying to balance a gear economy.

patchday

buying motherboxes had like no improvements what are they thinking?

I am still not inclined to buy motherboxes. It's still a slow agonizing process. Still millions saved up [edit] I think I figured out why buying motherboxes is a horrible process for us millionaires. They really dont want us to spend our money. I think they rather us spend our money on source crystals.

This can be the only explanation for such an awful loot box system like this

Good thing the online play is great though

Wow, they really nerfed the XP gain from local versus matches. Goodbye power leveling.

They want us to pay for those source crystals ;(

At least AI leveling in Endless mode still works great for now.

Got my Swamp thing to L20. now all my guys L20.

Still praying IJ3 gets rid of Levels. Go back to IJ1 roots. Let us level up our fighters but dont have an RPG stat system please. Just award abilities for hitting certain landmarks if they have to keep abilities. Get rid of stats and rng

How the fuck does link to injustice 2 mobile work?

I read that I am supposed to read a code once I press link to injustice 2 mobile but i cant. I can only input a code, on console and on mobile wtf

I usually avoid all f2p mobile games. Seeing how bad RNG is on the premium version no way was I going to risk the freemium version lol. So sorry I cant help. I will forever lack Grid skin it appears. He doesnt look good anyways and he looks bad doing Cyborg's victory animations and stuff

Zemm

After trying out online I realise why I don't bother. At least when someone is sat next to you, you can slap them for playing like a cunt. It's so fucking boring watching everyone immediately backpedal and play a range game.

Q8D3vil

After trying out online I realise why I don't bother. At least when someone is sat next to you, you can slap them for playing like a cunt. It's so fucking boring watching everyone immediately backpedal and play a range game.
Either play top tier character or dont bother with online.

patchday

What character you playing with? You want to start off with a zoner (Black Adam, Green Arrow, etc), anti-zoner (supergirl), or a good rushdown character like Catwoman (shes best rush character I've seen and performed favorably at CEO). many other characters are really super high skill cap and probably shouldn't be used initially unless you want to be bodied for first 10 games or so

Cant fathom playing this game offline only. The rewards are really poor once you hit cap and have everyone in epics

Also try to learn one good combo string if you can. It feels very satisfying to punish a bad move

Zemm

What character you playing with? You want to start off with a zoner (Black Adam, Green Arrow, etc), anti-zoner (supergirl), or a good rushdown character like Catwoman (shes best rush character I've seen and performed favorably at CEO). many other characters are really super high skill cap and probably shouldn't be used initially unless you want to be bodied for first 10 games or so

Cant fathom playing this game offline only. The rewards are really poor once you hit cap and have everyone in epics

Also try to learn one good combo string if you can. It feels very satisfying to punish a bad move

I'm about 40/60 right now and I'm playing a bit of everyone, not really having problems with results as I know they won't be great, it's just so boring playing these people who don't seemingly want to fight and there's a lot of them.

stn

Either pick a top tier character who anti-zones well or learn your current character well enough to bypass plasma. Aside from Deadshot, I haven't felt overwhelmed by any character's keep-away like that. Zoning is definitely strong but, like in any fighting game, there is a way around it if you're willing to play patiently and intelligently.

patchday

Oh doesn't sound like you're doing bad at all then? There's a guy in Tekken 7 thread that says he went 1/60 LOL. I don't look at my win rate. Last time I did my Casual W/L was high but my ranked W/L was lower then 50%. I'm sure its much better now tho since I went on a winning streak other day in ranked

I currently use Batman and Wonder Woman. Only reason I've been gradually moving away from WW is cause her kit itself. Tired of her random hero power.

Will probably start rocking Firestorm maybe at some point and a bit more Supergirl. Used her once yesterday and got bodied.

You definitely don't need to be looking at tier lists btw. Sure I use Batman but it wasn't cause of no silly tier listings. I just find him the most flexible. If I'm up against a Deadshot I rush them down. If I'm up against Black Canary I'm going to zone a little to open her up

Try playing WW and having 99/100 matches be zoners.

It gets frustrating.

I hate to say this but WW is just bad. I just play her purely out of loyalty from IJ1. but she's no longer my main lol

Maybe saying she's bad is harsh but she's definitely in a bad place with random hero power and no air dash

Gleethor

Wonder when they'll add new premier skins. Was really hoping we'd get one per DLC character the way that skins were added with each patch in IJ1 and MKX

patchday

another word of advice if you're in Casual and see a shitty zoner and not having fun just bounce. You'll eventually come across a good guy that will keep rematching you. Yesterday I rematched some guy like 9 times. Was great. And that makes up for the one loss you got from quitting

No penalty I know of for leaving mid match beyond taking a loss. And its Casual anyways. W/L record doesnt matter but even if it did I'm assuming matchmaker gonna try to keep you at 50% or higher.

-----

For Ranked I will bring someone that can handle the zoners like Batman.

Zemm

I just had a Joker just sit there and spam the shot for the entire match, even though I was miles ahead in health. Like, I just can't play this game online because it's so fucking boring. I'm done.

Or Canary, it's trash.
It's a struggle with Canary too but at least once she gets in, she can deliver enough tricky mixups so that you can straight up clear the life bar by getting in once (until they clash and you have to do it all over again). Chances are if they only pick zoners online, the word "defense" is foreign to them.

With Wonder Woman though, you can have tools to easily get past zoning but they're both reliant on RNG (the trait for the shield which lets the shield absorb projectiles, or the air dash). Once you DO get in, you have to sacrifice a decent chunk of damage in order to keep them close and keep pressuring. It's just so fucking frustrating.

I haven't even touched the game in weeks and don't plan on doing so until there's a balance patch.

Grimsen

it's just so boring playing these people who don't seemingly want to fight and there's a lot of them.

Honestly, if you don't want to learn to deal with projectiles, I don't think fighting games with them are for you, man.

Heard these arguments all the time back in the day playing sf and Marvel, from scrubs mostly, but decent players too sometimes.

It's bullshit. If you're being zoned out, there's something wrong with your gameplan. Don't let it get to you.

patchday

I just had a Joker just sit there and spam the shot for the entire match, even though I was miles ahead in health. Like, I just can't play this game online because it's so fucking boring. I'm done.

not trying to pick on you but I recognize you from HS & Gwent and seems like you always have this complaint. I'd advise to find a multiplayer game you like and try to stick to it

Joker is considered one of the weaker characters (unless you were up against Sonic fox)

[edit] I might be wrong bout the Joker being weak part to be fair but meant everything else 100%

delSai

Speaking of Joker, he and Green Arrow are the 2 characters i have left to level up and i only just now realized how much fun they are.

Having the goal to level everyone up was a great way to try characters for a couple of matches, never thought i'd like Firestorm for example. The only ones that didn't click with me are Deadshot, Dr. Fate and Captain Cold.

I have to go back to Brainiac and try him a bit more though

stn

^ Oddly enough, Deadshot didn't click with me either. I love defensive zoners but find him way too boring. I do appreciate that he's at least very simple to play, because being able to use his gun specials and his B1U23 string can take you quite far. I find Dr. Fate much more fun as far as raw zoners go, though I settled on Superman long ago as my main.

patchday

Dang was having fun fighting this Green Arrow player with my Batman but he didn't wanna rematch me a 3rd time.

Try to mix it up with Harley a bit today. I'm finding her really high skill cap to execute some of her more fancy combo strings that involves the cartwheel. did squeak out a win with her but it was tough

Man hope my replays actually save today. Yesterday lost all my replays even though they were made after applying the patch. Such a shame the replay system barely functions

Speaking of Joker, he and Green Arrow are the 2 characters i have left to level up and i only just now realized how much fun they are.

Having the goal to level everyone up was a great way to try characters for a couple of matches, never thought i'd like Firestorm for example. The only ones that didn't click with me are Deadshot, Dr. Fate and Captain Cold.

I have to go back to Brainiac and try him a bit more though

Not sure if I gave Joker a fair shake to be honest. just beat a decently played Joker player with my Harley. havent lost to Joker yet from what I recall but I'm sure its bound to happen

Can only help?

I am opening mother boxes and there is no option to choose which gear I want to take. Just a "back option", do you get all loot in the box or just one chosen option?

patchday

well just lost to my first Joker ;(

[edit] Hope I didnt make this Robin player quit the game. I was on Harley but I did zone him really hard w/o thinking bout too much. I did let him get close sometimes but yeah. His profile level was only like L8 too ;(

Sometimes not even competitive mode will help a young budding player

Reason why I wonder if people quitting the game is when I see them select 'Quit to Main menu' after match ends lol

patchday

Good news: wow doing so much better with Harley now
Bad news: I realized I need to fully exploit her zoning. I am sure my opponents think I'm scum. Still nowhere good as Biohazard's Harley though

got off to a rough start with her glad I stuck with her

If IJ1 is anything to go by we won't hear about the PC port until the Ultimate Edition. So expect it next year.

PC ver would be nice so I can play it at work. Instead I play Tekken 7 (since no PS4 at work) or IJ1 Ultimate

JAXXX

Wonder Woman is NOT bad, she's fair at the very worst. WW has
awesome damage
has an amazing mid range game,
crazy corner game,
an truly invincible wakeup
amazing space control - on the ground and in the air
fast 6 frame D1 that links into 2 for counter
a good D2
a meterless parry that buffs her damage and can link into her down 1~2 and can lead into a full combo from a counter.
she can even qusi-zone characters that dont have a projectile.

her trait is good IMO but the random factor suck .
WW just needs slight adjusting to be a very good character imo.

she requires
patience
fundamentals
and a little execution
She already has the tools to handle most situations and if she had control of her trait she could handle all situations.

Her main problem now is why play WW when i can play XYZ for less effort.

JMO!!!

Top Bottom