• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

patchday

I feel like Wonder Woman took a major blow for the ability system. I have the feeling if we didn't have to deal with this ability system they would've given her the Air Dash.

It's just so stupid to me I am so confused. All the other flying characters have a built in Air Dash but she doesn't have one. Did they forget she can fly LOL?

Would it really make her so broken if she could reliably Air Dash?

JAXXX

I feel like Wonder Woman took a major blow for the ability system. I have the feeling if we didn't have to deal with this ability system they would've given her the Air Dash.

It's just so stupid to me I am so confused. All the other flying characters have a built in Air Dash but she doesn't have one. Did they forget she can fly LOL?

I wouldnt say major hit, but a minor hit. she STILL has access to an air dash(it's just attached to her random trait. )

Black Adam can fly in the comics but cant in injustice..

i dont think it would make her broken and i think she should have her air dash as well. but i also dont think her having it would drastically change zoning matchups either, Superman has an airdash and can get out zoned, Firestorm has a airdash and fast fireball but can get out zoned by deadshot or fate.
So an airdash is nice but isnt the endall be all.

While i dont understand all the design choices NRS made for Wonder Woman, she maybe a HARD character to play, she sure isnt bad.

patchday

I keep forgetting bout Black Adam. Guess its just fighting game balancing.

I still pray for a true superhero 3d game where I can around or at least get a 3d sueprhero fighting game in the vein of Tekken 7. Kinda looking forward to that new DBZ fighting game and praying it doesnt have any loot

Dragonball Xenoverse really had so much promise but was ruined by horribly implemented RPG elements

patchday

Funny never thought to look at Wonder Woman section much at testyourmight forums. There's tons of gripping about her already with exact same complaints. It gives me a little ray of hope she might see some fixes one day

I want to return to my main one day.

I even see complaints about her F23 + B3 combo being a little tight (unforgiving).

[edit] And Yes I am sure someone good can connect B3 with F23 at will but those of us at casual tier want to be able to fight kinda decent with her too

eikys

Dang they patched out the multiplayer cheese with two pads for big xp? :/

Did they? Even still what I've been doing lately is setting up RemotePlay (OSX) and using an AppleScript to hit the X button constantly on Endless. It takes longer but you don't have to sit in front of it

Edit: Added osascript used from the terminal
osascript -e 'repeat 22500 times' -e 'tell application "System Events" to keystroke enter' -e 'delay 5' -e 'end repeat'

Q8D3vil

At this point i'll just ride BA until they nerf him to the ground, tried playing other character like flash and its no fun getting destroyed vs zoners.

patchday

I must admit a Dr Fate did make me ragequit yesterday hehe. just felt so hopeless

Right after the match I realized I could've used my grappling hook (Batman)

duh, I'm so bad

But yeah I wouldn't play a character that's not:
A) Zoner / has long range options (majority of cast has some full screen range)
B) Anti-Zoner (Supergirl cause Teleport)
C) Rushdown - Catwoman (edit- I'd add Cheetah as well although I'm thinking Catwoman is easier to pilot maybe? Not sure I dont play either YET)

At least for those of us Casuals thats just dipping our feet into online. Sure I played MKX/IJ1 but nearly as much as this game.

Hm, The Flash could at least work in Casual mode if you have that full screen bolt ability. I must say tho I've been bodied by well played Flash in ranked though. I dread seeing the flash myself cause you know not only do they have huge balls but they're usually best players bar none

Marvel

could never
I just hit up the multiverse instead, ok xp.

So I'm trying out Joker, had no idea he'd feel this fun. I like his moveset very much so I'll put some time into him tomorrow and go online. Hope he gets a premium skin though... or some crazy special gear.

patchday

Yeah just fought a well played Joker with my Harley. Probably would've rematched him but had to run to work. Definitely respecting Joker matchups

Btw, a little motivation for anyone that hops on and gets bodied asap. I must've gotten bodied like 3 matches before things went my way.

Man this morning I had to fight an army of Banes. Yes my Harley/Batman characters can deal with them but its no fun running away whole match. I like to engage. And that is when Bane can body you hard lol. I find after I win the matchup sometimes I don’t want to rematch. Cause sooner or later Bane player will win I think

CaptNink

It's too bad there's no system in place to send a "good game" to your opponent. Win or lose, I'd like to let them know it was a good match, especially if it was close.

Marvel

could never
It's too bad there's no system in place to send a "good game" to your opponent. Win or lose, I'd like to let them know it was a good match, especially if it was close.
Like a little Rocket League d-pad chat thing post game? I'd like that.

Had a bunch of great sets online and something like that would have ended things nicely. One time I sent a gg to a guy during launch week and he thought I was being sarcastic. Things got ugly lol

low-G

Finally picked up the game due to the sale at Gamestop for $40, and what with all my GS credit and power up rewards vouchers.

Man oh man this game is fantastic. Blowing me away. Amazing in all aspects.

Kinda feel bad for buying Tekken 7 in retrospect despite enjoying that too.

CaptNink

Like a little Rocket League d-pad chat thing post game? I'd like that.

Had a bunch of great sets online and something like that would have ended things nicely. One time I sent a gg to a guy during launch week and he thought I was being sarcastic. Things got ugly lol

Yeah that would be great, or something like they have for Gwent where you send your opponent a bit of credits or something.

I messaged someone a gg through Xbox live and they told me to bite it. Ah well.... :)

acidagfc

Have lootboxes been changed to not include shaders\abilities? I have not seen a single one of those since the inclusion of shader multiverse events :(

Platinum boxes barely give anything at all, golden ones are almost always full of whites, and I don't even bother with silver\bronze ones until mass decode is implemented.

Q8D3vil

Have lootboxes been changed to not include shadersabilities? I have not seen a single one of those since the inclusion of shader multiverse events :(

Platinum boxes barely give anything at all, golden ones are almost always full of whites, and I don't even bother with silverbronze ones until mass decode is implemented.
Ive gotten plenty of abilites from plat and diam after red hood update.

Speaking of shaders, this is pretty obvious but if you're going to do a multiverse shader event, make sure you've already beaten arcade with all the characters, last event I got a shader I'd have unlocked in arcade, which is a complete waste.

Marvel

could never
If I could change one thing about this great game, it's the stage size. I'd reduce it to just a little bit bigger than mkx's size. Never gonna happen obviosuly but I'm finding both mine and my opponents wiggle room is far too much.

patchday

Happy July 4th all!

How fitting I earn a trophy during a Batman vs Bane fight LOL (Remember I said I've been fighting off an Army of Banes lately?! Now you see I'm not lyin')

z1IPuT8.png

So weird. Thought I had all the abilities but every so often I come across a multiverse that grants me one. Just unlocked an Epic Ability for Cyclops from his multiverse. I reckon its bout to close

yeah thats a funny one.

Q8D3vil

Man, really shame some people always like to dis the game by using the animation argument, but the production values in this game are bonkers. The voice acting and the character models are insane, adding the gear on top of that which is much better than any trash dlc i've seen in any fighter just make it an insane value for the price.

Today, on the 4th of July, two major events happened in the comic: the wedding of Green Arrow and Black Canary and
the funeral of Ted Kord
. Oh, and
Alfred's grave was opened and his body pulled up.

Allforce

The XP nerfs REALLY killed a big chunk of my fun I"m having with this, and I'm not even playing online or anything. I really liked seeing what Multiverse challenges were going for specific characters and then letting my AI go at it for a few hours and rake it in.

Now where I was getting 500-600 Character XP per match I'm getting like 90. What was the harm in the previous values? They just made it an absolute grind rather than a decent rate of leveling. Is it just so people buy their "Source Crystals" instead? Because now rather than me playing it and probably buying the Season Pass so I can level those characters up I'll probably drop it altogether.

It's kind of lame that I leveled Batman up to 20 when I was offline but when I connected online, he's level 13.

Edit: nvm, I don't know if it was a bug or something but it fixed itself.

Grimsen

The XP nerfs REALLY killed a big chunk of my fun I"m having with this, and I'm not even playing online or anything. I really liked seeing what Multiverse challenges were going for specific characters and then letting my AI go at it for a few hours and rake it in.

Now where I was getting 500-600 Character XP per match I'm getting like 90. What was the harm in the previous values? They just made it an absolute grind rather than a decent rate of leveling. Is it just so people buy their "Source Crystals" instead? Because now rather than me playing it and probably buying the Season Pass so I can level those characters up I'll probably drop it altogether.

I noticed the XP nerf in local versus and AI battle modes. The multiverse XP seems untouched. That's where I get my XP now.

sinkfla87

It's gonna be weird seeing Sub-Zero in Noob, Reptile and Rain shaders lol.

Typically I don't care for guest characters but I played SZ AND reptile in MKX so this news pleases me lol.

Btw, smash gg is holding an online tournament at the end of this month which awards points for the pro league. I'm registered to compete and am already nervous lol. A lot of the pros are playing. Anyone down for some games this week? I need to train my ass off if I don't want to get eliminated right out of the gate :(.

patchday

Well if that's true they really are doing some neat things with subzero

Good luck at the smash gg tournament. Good to know that's going down I had no idea bout that. I just play Casual myself so dont imagine I'll be participating but it will be cool to check out.

Can you explain that better?

It was in the patch notes:
Players now receive reduced experience bonuses when playing against an opponent of much lower levels.

just run your fighters through Endless multiverse if they're not L20 yet for some reason. Opponents are scaled up there.

From leveling everyone to level 20 on my main account, the Superman on my 2nd account is level 15.

Will my main account still be screwed XP wise when I level up Sub and Starfire since they'll be level 1 vs a 15?

patchday

Yes. There's some elaborate workaround where you level up two dudes together and make sure both dudes are within 5 levels of each other. Myself I'm just going to send my subzero bot to endless mode and use ps4 remote play + autohotkey to get him to 20. Will also take him to that trainer so I can see his Tower ending too. Also I'm sure he'll have a multiverse for people that preordered that we can we use to level him a little

Xeteh

Yeah, its a real bummer that they nerfed the Versus experience. I'm not entirely sure why they care, but i guess if they see it as profile leveling and source crystals that they might give a shit.

Still sucks.

patchday

IJ2 Atlanta stream (This is WW fight right at the end; Announcers were aghast lol)

Wonder Woman just literally got teabagged by Superman. This was the final battle too. Dude just switched from Green Arrow straight to Wonder Woman outta the blue

It's a shame because I felt the WW player was playing with a lot of skill. The way he used the bracelets to negate the beams was very nice

tl;dr - Please NRS come out with those WW buffs after Evo. At least give her an Air Dash. Give her something. Soon the pros will give up on her completely. They barely play as is and it makes her look horrible cause they only use her like once, get bodied,and then switch

sinkfla87

IJ2 Atlanta stream (This is WW fight right at the end; Announcers were aghast lol)

Wonder Woman just literally got teabagged by Superman. This was the final battle too. Dude just switched from Green Arrow straight to Wonder Woman outta the blue

It's a shame because I felt the WW player was playing with a lot of skill. The way he used the bracelets to negate the beams was very nice

tl;dr - Please NRS come out with those WW buffs after Evo. At least give her an Air Dash. Give her something. Soon the pros will give up on her completely. They barely play as is and it makes her look horrible cause they only use her like once, get bodied,and then switch

I honestly don't understand why they took her air dash out (I mean as a standard move). She needs that shit. There really are some questionable decisions that were made when balancing. I do believe however that this is the most balanced game NRS has ever put out. Minor adjustments to some of the higher tier characters would do wonders, nothing too fancy or anything that would completely make the characters trash... Just more fair.

Wonder Woman is an awesome character and one that I love to use. That MB lasso is so satisfying to land

If only it wasn't for the fact that her most useful tools (air-dash, shield able to absorb projectiles) wasn't locked behind a freaking RNG based trait. I still can't fathom wtf they were thinking.

Xeteh

Wonder Woman is an awesome character and one that I love to use. That MB lasso is so satisfying to land

If only it wasn't for the fact that her most useful tools (air-dash, shield able to absorb projectiles) wasn't locked behind a freaking RNG based trait. I still can't fathom wtf they were thinking.

Especially after they made a big deal about how they changed Harley's trait because people hated how it was RNG in the previous game. Hers was only 3 random abilities.

Top Bottom