• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Ravelle

She barely has any presence of her own take on the whole deal in the injustice games, she shows up randomly in a bar in Injustice 2 and she fights herself in Injustice 1. It feels like they didn't know what do do with her.

In the comics she was only hanging on to Superman's cape playing a "Yes, dear" character and supporting him without thinking for herself. It didn't feel like her usual self, supporting a murdering dictator.

patchday

Part of me wishes we had just gotten skins over the gear system, but then a bunch of characters would have barely gotten any love.

Yeah the gear system added a bunch of issues as I expected it would. Only reason I'm here is for the super heroes. Mortal Kombat will be an easy pass for me. Then again I said I wasnt leaving IJ1 but then MKX dropped I was all over it.

The new teen titans Judas Contract animated movie has finally brought her back into the team.instead of using Cassie.
Here is what she looks like there...
maxresdefault.jpg

Hopefully Donna wil be used more

Muted colours Donna Troy is best Donna Troy. So I guess the first one you posted (the likeliest one)

Yeah I'd like a 'nice' Wonder Woman premier skin like one of these. Problem is I love WW's armor. She's one of the few handful of characters they actually put effort into the gear. So I'm kinda torn.

Have they said anything about why they nerfed the drop rates so badly? I saw a guy on another forum opened 93 plat boxes and 60 gold boxes and didn't get a single shader.

Keym

For some reason, shaders become harder to come by the more you have. Most people are missing 1 or 2 common shaders for each character, but it's believed that this is on purpose in order to make you purchase those last ones..

bubumiao

I wonder when Starfire's Watchtower stream will be announced. It has to be sometime this week.
I was thinking it'd be on Monday (the stream). Why you think this week?

Maybe I read that wrong. They'll announce tomorrow or Thursday (for a stream next week) I imagine.

patchday

Have they said anything about why they nerfed the drop rates so badly? I saw a guy on another forum opened 93 plat boxes and 60 gold boxes and didn't get a single shader.

I dont think there was a nerf. People just not being honest. What they've done is the prepatch save/reset glitch and discovered there's some things that cannot be unlocked without source crystals (because they duped/reset the shader universe til it stopped giving them shaders) or special NRS events or a super low drop rate. For people that have all common shaders via the glitch, when NRS runs those normal random shader events they do not get a shader award. It just reads 'Diamond Box' as the award only. Plus, they might not realize some shaders are locked behind special events (and/or can only be also acquired through boxes but its super low drop rate for those)

Some of the epic tier shaders like Diana's Flashpoint is super hard to get unless RNG truly blesses you though. So they can be obtained but there's super low chance

tl;dr- some shaders have super low drop rate has always been my assumption and they cannot be unlocked via the random shader event. Samething we found out with abilities. Some abilities are marked 'epic'. RNG is gonna RNG best to play the game and forget bout the carrot dangling on the stick

I wonder when Starfire's Watchtower stream will be announced. It has to be sometime this week.

yeah been waiting on that

patchday

I remember we used to advise to folks you better glitch those shaders/abilities openly before NRS fixes but some gafs got hit with the negative monies bug after glitching so I know I stopped discussing it. Only reason I mention it now is cause they claimed they patched the motherbox exploit (again).

But who knows they claimed they patched the glitch last time and people still found a way to glitch it's amazing. It's like people's sheer will to cheat the RNG system itself is overwhelming NRS. I wonder did they really fix it this time I havent checked

I'm pretty sure there's some exploits that people used to get lots of source crystals. I remember reading bout some XP bug and some folks profile levels skyrocketed past 100. But I have yet to see one of these pro hackers online. I guess these dudes been quietly hacking away offline they probably way past 150 by now

sinkfla87

DGJmj3BW0AAtgWl.jpg:small

This is from Ed Boon Twitter.
Who's ready for Plastic man?

Edit: Just to clarify yes I know its origin, just saying Boon tweeted this lol.

sinkfla87

I'm honestly not counting plastic man out lol.
1. He was in the Injustice comics.
2. Martian Manhunter isn't returning and in the first game, his trait activated his stretchy arms. Maybe MM's exclusion was because his power would be too similar to plastic man?

vg260

I remember we used to advise to folks you better glitch those shaders/abilities openly before NRS fixes but some gafs got hit with the negative monies bug after glitching so I know I stopped discussing it. Only reason I mention it now is cause they claimed they patched the motherbox exploit (again).

But who knows they claimed they patched the glitch last time and people still found a way to glitch it's amazing. It's like people's sheer will to cheat the RNG system itself is overwhelming NRS. I wonder did they really fix it this time I havent checked

I'm pretty sure there's some exploits that people used to get lots of source crystals. I remember reading bout some XP bug and some folks profile levels skyrocketed past 100. But I have yet to see one of these pro hackers online. I guess these dudes been quietly hacking away offline they probably way past 150 by now

The XP bug just happened over time if you were running a a ton of AI battles. It was easy to run matches where you did a lot of special moves or got a lot of perfect matches if you were leveling in vs mode. If you hit that bug naturally before it was patched you may have an abnormally high profile level as a result. It was NR's fault for not programming the reward to trigger only once.

eastx

Speaking of sales, I wish they'd do a sale on the premium currency so we could get the skins and shaders for cheaper.

vg260

Speaking of sales, I wish they'd do a sale on the premium currency so we could get the skins and shaders for cheaper.

You just kinda have to keep an eye out for PSN/Xbox point sales.

There's a thread with a site that does $10 PSN for $7 once or twice a month.

patchday

well I tried to get gaf to form a guild (House of XLs) so we can farm those source crystals. But turns out the guild multiverse is a pretty mindless grind. I only liked doing the towers that had no modifiers on it (at least then I'm doing a warmup before I go online). And I never could get the coop guild battle stuff to work on my end.

plus looks like guild has went pretty dead with lots of people never bothering to turn on the game it seems. We probably could use a purge at some point to at least boot the inactives

Ravelle

The rate in which you earn those crystals is a bit criminal though, just say you're selling character skins and get rid of those dumb crystals, level your way to 60 in a very long time only to get one shader or skin out of it.

The cost for a simple transmog is even worse and compete nonsense, why do we need to pay to change the look of our gear in a 60 dollar game? Just let us pay it in earned gold like Diablo Does or come up with a separate transmog currency you earn by completing towers etc.

delSai

plus looks like guild has went pretty dead with lots of people never bothering to turn on the game it seems. We probably could use a purge at some point to at least boot the inactives
Thats why i asked how active you guys are. Maybe another merger could lead to us actually beating a guild multiverse.

patchday

Even tho we were super high rank (rank #5?) I remember we still never got source crystals since we never defeated the 2nd Level Guildverse where the bosses got crazy hard ;(

Funny thing-- Sinkfla never could invite me to coop a boss. But we can private match each other just fine

sinkfla87

and that skin was the first time I used my source crystals :(

I saw this mentioned on Reddit but don't mourn your source crystals just yet. Apparently this is a seldom known glitch where a premiere skin you've already purchased shows up as a drop after the fact as tower/guild rewards. Basically you don't ever get premiere skins as a drop unless you've already bought it.

Thats why i asked how active you guys are. Maybe another merger could lead to us actually beating a guild multiverse.

I'd be down for this. Some of us are putting some time into the guild multiverse in Neogods but it's pretty impossible to beat without some more people helping out.

Xevren

I've been playing quite a bit lately, so I'm in need of a guild, whether its one that exists or if one merges I need in again. (ps4)

delSai

Shader multiverse is up, got one for Red Hood.

I'd be down for this. Some of us are putting some time into the guild multiverse in Neogods but it's pretty impossible to beat without some more people helping out.

Yeah i'd love to beat a guild multiverse for once. I guess it's doable with 3-4 people but why the hell would anyone repeat the same 5 multiverses like 20 times?

I just suspect that it would end up like it is right now anyway.

Ravelle

The guild I'm in is pretty absent and never does any guild stuff, so if people want to be in a more active one I'm all for joining that one.

hertog

I just hate supergirl, I played so much capcom fighters the last ten years..... I just can't react to that teleport punch.

sinkfla87

I just hate supergirl, I played so much capcom fighters the last ten years..... I just can't react to that teleport punch.

Here's a small bit of advice:
If they're mid to full screen distance from you, odds are they aren't going to rush you down from the front. Look at their meter and trait bar, if their trait (laser) bar is low or empty get ready for it lol.

Just learn to react to the noise the teleport makes, it might sound difficult but you just have to train yourself.

This. I trained myself to press down and then move in the opposite direction when ever I hear/see that move coming.

Now it almost never works if the opponent just randomly throws it out there.

patchday

what I did was use record/playback feature in practice mode. I told bot supergirl to alternate between MB Teleport Punch and normal teleport punch. I had her spam this until I blocked it 100%.

It was well worth the time investment!

Top Bottom