• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

I think my Ivy looks godlike. Shame I can't play her for shit.
She definitely pulls off the "Queen of plants" look but all of her gear is pretty much tied to her aesthetic, it just all feels like variations on the same concept even bringing shaders into it. They all look the same but slightly different.

Meanwhile, Batman looks like he could be from 9 different universes with his gear variety.
lol so much content, it's almost overwhelming!!!! So i finished the story mode yesterday, and now im replaying the chapters as different characters (where chapters show as incomplete). Once that's done, what do i do next?

Is there a mode where i can play through a tower mode and get a character's ending? Should i do that, or go spend time in Multiverse?
The mode you just asked for is actually IN multiverse mode. Open the multiverse, and on the far right, there's a battle simulator.

That has the standard easy/medium/hard arcade mode with unique endings for each character, survivor mode and one other which is not coming to my mind.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't want to leave Flash out of any discussion complaining about gear. His best look is the one he starts the game with.

I don't think want to leave Flash out of any discussion complaining about gear. His best look is the one he starts the game with.

Godspeed look though!

o2x6ec15ezyy.jpg

I set AI Harley loose in the multiverse and went to go pick up lunch. Netherrealm, you brilliant bastards!

I mentioned it before but I'm going to keep talking about a Kyle Rayner premier skin until I get a Kyle Rayner premier skin.

Howd you get it to move on to the next fight?

What are you talking? We say negro in BCT like every day and at the black american conference I was at a couple days ago I heard it like 8 times.

I watched the story mode online and I was surprised to find out that
the Joker was just a Scarecrow hallucination. I was expecting an alt universe joker.
Some characters seemed to be shoved in for no particular reason like Atroticus.

Strangely enough when it comes to Netherrealm games people feel like every character in the game has to be alive or their presence has to adhere to the canon.
I'm sure some fans would have been disappointed if characters such as Atroticus were only playable characters, and didn't show up in the story. I personally don't mind it, but it leads to your observation of characters serving no real purpose for the story but showing up anyway.

Garlador

Strangely enough when it comes to Netherrealm games people feel like every character in the game has to be alive or their presence has to adhere to the canon.
I'm sure some fans would have been disappointed if characters such as Atroticus were only playable characters, and didn't show up in the story. I personally don't mind it, but it leads to your observation of characters serving no real purpose for the story but showing up anyway.
I think it's more setup for Hal and the Red Lanternd in future games... but we'll see.

Now that we've brought up Premium Skins, are there any you guys want to see, besides the obvious CW ones? I really would like to see a Donna Troy premium Skin for Wonder Woman

As a fan of Image comics back in the 90's I would like to see Grifter as a skin for Red Hood. I know DC has the rights to Wildcats but I don't follow comics so I don't know if they are even in the DC universe or not.

Tidalwave

Can't believe the game doesn't have an option to trade gear with friends. My friend lost a gear you get from story messing around with the transmog stuff..

I think it's more setup for Hal and the Red Lanternd in future games... but we'll see.

I feel like Hal becoming a Red Lantern would ruin his character arc in the series. He made such a huge deal about the Green Lantern corps putting him through hell to get his ring back, and his resistance to Atrocitus in this game felt like they were trying to show the development of his mental fortitude since Gods Among Us.

You may be right. It's not unprecedented for Hal to lose it in other continuities.

Xeteh

I need to start buying boxes. I have some 800k+ credits, I think I've spent around 200k... but the idea of hours of buying bronze boxes sounds awful.

AEREC

Feels so wrong to just let AI play the game for me. Does AI show up on the regular leader boards for a mode like endless?

Xeteh

I'm not going to bother buying boxes until everyone is 20.

Its kind of what I thought as well... I just don't know when that'll happen. I'm fine with leveling characters in Endless with the AI but I also want to play more than I play Injustice: The Superhero Idle Game.

Skilletor

Feels so wrong to just let AI play the game for me. Does AI show up on the regular leader boards for a mode like endless?

I'm already fed up with this game's loot box shit. I have only 80 pieces of gear for Supergirl, the character I've played almost exclusively for dozens of hours. I have only unlocked one color shader for her.

So I started looking at buying colors, but it's 4k source crystals for one color. After all of my playtime, I've got a little over 8k, so I could get two colors. it's 20 bucks for 50k source crystals, which would get me 12 colors. lololol.

I don't even care about the gear since all of what I'm getting looks so similar.

And how I know they know this is bullshit? They put in copious amounts of ways for me not to play the game and still unlock stuff.

I'm digging the gameplay, but this RNG bs is awful.

but I also want to play more than I play Fighting game Manager 2017
Fixed that for you.
I'm already fed up with this game's loot box shit. I have only 80 pieces of gear for Supergirl, the character I've played almost exclusively for dozens of hours. I have only unlocked one color shader for her.

So I started looking at buying colors, but it's 4k source crystals for one color. After all of my playtime, I've got a little over 8k, so I could get two colors. it's 20 bucks for 50k source crystals, which would get me 12 colors. lololol.

I don't even care about the gear since all of what I'm getting looks so similar.

And how I know they know this is bullshit? They put in copious amounts of ways for me not to play the game and still unlock stuff.

Yup yup, it requires WAY too much time to get good gear if you only play 1 or two character(s).

patchday

ya good returns on Bronze boxes hope it not getting nerfed. take advantage of it now. But we get like 50+ bronze boxes from gaf guild anyways every few hrs. Got like 70 bronzes unopened right now

----

Wow thanks guys running remote play from my PC. Wonder woman at L18 right now. gonna probably take her to endless jsut to make sure she levels to 20. I've been running her in ranked/unranked. But esp for unranked I want max stats.

-----

And yes Deadshot is toxic I got burned up by one in ranked. Salty! But I had serious lag my ps4 was running bad had to reboot

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
First of all, let me just say your avatar is lovely.

To answer your question, she can still get zoned out. But between shield charge, her lasso (which is a great mid-range tool), her parry (which increases the damage she deals for a short while) and one of her trait buffs which gives her a temporary air dash, she certainly has the tools to get through it.

She can also do a shield toss from the air, which can definitely mess up timings for the enemy's projectiles.
First of all, fuck deadshot. That was my first match against an online deadshot lol, it's so annoying.

Second, she can use her df3 command dash to close the distance, her jumps and most importantly, her level 3 canary cry.

Thanks!

Does Deadshot need a nerf? Seems everyone hates him.

Most definitely. He has both incredibly strong zoning (which was expected) but he also has VERY good upclose pressure too so him being close to you can feel just as threatening as him being far away.

Also that rifle move's MB version does way too much pushback, does way too much chip damage and lasts way too long. It should have at most 2 of those features, but not all 3.

OSHAN

I agree. It's fucking terrible. It's clear they made this shit grindy as fuck so you'll just throw your arms up and pay cash money.

Lokimaru

I feel like Hal becoming a Red Lantern would ruin his character arc in the series. He made such a huge deal about the Green Lantern corps putting him through hell to get his ring back, and his resistance to Atrocitus in this game felt like they were trying to show the development of his mental fortitude since Gods Among Us.

You may be right. It's not unprecedented for Hal to lose it in other continuities.

But that's my problem with the Game,
Everyone gets a redemption arc but the people who really need one, and they're the ones who actually save the day.
It's like, thanks now back in your hole maggot.

I have full epic gear for multiple characters that I haven't even played.... This game is shite with RNG but I play ARPG all the time so I am used to shit drops. Just wish there was a way to trade/buy pieces you want. I checked last night and I had almost 30 pieces of epic gear for superman and I don't even play him at all. Have full gear for Atrocitus and Batman as well and 4/5 for a quite a few other characters. Sold most of them.

I would be all for shop where you can buy pieces of gear that are randomized for a certain amount of credits.

I am going to to the 2 player leveling trick for some characters when I get home today probably.

Does Deadshot need a nerf? Seems everyone hates him.

He probably needs a recovery/pushback adjustment on his guns and rifle. A meter gain nerf is also something that they should probably look at for him as well.

vg260

Hopefully they can tweak all the RNG stuff for the better.
Getting shaders and abilities for the characters you play most is ridiculously slow, even if you let the AI grind it out.

I have full epic gear for multiple characters that I haven't even played.... This game is shite with RNG but I play ARPG all the time so I am used to shit drops. Just wish there was a way to trade/buy pieces you want. I checked last night and I had almost 30 pieces of epic gear for superman and I don't even play him at all. Have full gear for Atrocitus and Batman as well and 4/5 for a quite a few other characters. Sold most of them.

I would be all for shop where you can buy pieces of gear that are randomized for a certain amount of credits.

I am going to to the 2 player leveling trick for some characters when I get home today probably.

He probably needs a recovery/pushback adjustment on his guns and rifle. A meter gain nerf is also something that they should probably look at for him as well.

What's the 2P trick?

Go to options and set the match timer to 300 go to local versus choose the character you want to level and put them against Superman or any low health character (950). Beat them handily using high damage combos, if you know them or just mash, B3 or F3.

You get ~1000xp each match. You won't get loot drops though so this is just a XP grind.

Can I get those hero specific trophies by using 2P?

Haven't tried it out. But I would assume you could.

Top Bottom