• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Oof so many tips videos for this game were made for complete fighting noobs. Hell, one guy was just going through the tutorial mode, lol

Guess it might take another week for people to come up with better tips for the game.

Combo Breaker is this weekend I am sure we will see some new tech.

Xeteh

Oof so many tips videos for this game were made for complete fighting noobs. Hell, one guy was just going through the tutorial mode, lol

Guess it might take another week for people to come up with better tips for the game.

If you're looking for combos ahmz1404 on youtube is uploading videos daily. They're some of the best out there mostly because he puts all the combos in the description with time stamps to when they show up in the video.

Toryuken is the first Injustice tournament I've ever watched. Now that I'm more familiar with the game, I thought it was pretty dope. Definitely want to learn Flash after those finals.

I missed the tournament this weekend. I'll have to go back and watch it today.

Was The Flash player HoneyBee?

Tidalwave

Do you play multiverse mode?
Quite a lot of it.

I don't understand why scarecrow has to have the worst trait, super and dash at the same time.
I really wanted to use him. Up until I decided to test him against my friend who was using Batman. After being grappled, bataranged, countered, tripped and outsped I decided he just didn't have the tools to keep up with some people. :(

Hope you get better use out of him.
If they would just let you attack out of teleport it could fix a ton.

The Pro version of this game.

200.gif

Bob White

I KNOW RIGHT!

Like, once I understood how far you have to play footies, and that you have ALL the time in the world to whiff punish, I fell in love. It's like...this game is super fucking fundamental heavy. More so than sf5. I am fucking floored at this revelation. Like, I'm living in upside down world. An NRS game that looks better, has better art direction, frame data!, and better neutral. wtf

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Quite a lot of it.

I really wanted to use him. Up until I decided to test him against my friend who was using Batman. After being grappled, bataranged, countered, tripped and outsped I decided he just didn't have the tools to keep up with some people. :(

Hope you get better use out of him.
If they would just let you attack out of teleport it could fix a ton.

I'm making due. I'm just pissed off because my b3 recovery takes longer than it takes for supergirl to dash up and do 4 moves at the same time. Its a bit stupid. His trait is suuuuper unsafe AND cuts out once you get hit? like.. come the fuck on. His super is like 3423435 bajillion frames and has zero invincibility? .. oh AND the only thing he excels at (mid screen control/mixups) is the weakest part of the meta overall.

Like, once I understood how far you have to play footies, and that you have ALL the time in the world to whiff punish, I fell in love. It's like...this game is super fucking fundamental heavy. More so than sf5. I am fucking floored at this revelation. Like, I'm living in upside down world. An NRS game that looks better, has better art direction, frame data!, and better neutral. wtf
Welcome to how I felt once I started playing against other people in this game.

This game legit feels like a more honest fighting game than SFV, and that's saying something. I was expecting a NRS game that I'd like in addition to SFV but honestly, this might just replace SFV as my go-to 2D fighter.

Any chance we will be getting more shader/skins like Powergirl and Grid. I would love to see some skins for Batman and Joker and some of the others.

Xeteh

I'm apparently blind, how can I turn off gear/levels in practice mode? Trying to mess around with Swamp Thing and I'm sitting here thinking his damage is garbage. He's level 2 and I picked Ivy as the AI and she's 20. Herp.

I'm apparently blind, how can I turn off gear/levels in practice mode? Trying to mess around with Swamp Thing and I'm sitting here thinking his damage is garbage. He's level 2 and I picked Ivy as the AI and she's 20. Herp.

The same way you do in every mode that doesn't have gear turned off by default.

In the stage select, press Square which will bring up a menu. In that menu, press L1.

Afrodium

Banned
I really like DC comics but don't really play fighting games and teens to ditch multiplayer games after like 2 weeks. This game looks appealing though. Is this game fun if you suck at fighting games? The last one I played was MvC3 when my roommate had it.

I really like DC comics but don't really play fighting games and teens to ditch multiplayer games after like 2 weeks. This game looks appealing though. Is this game fun if you suck at fighting games? The last one I played was MvC3 when my roommate had it.

This game has a LOT of stuff to do even if you suck at fighting games. The story mode is a joy to play through.

There's a lot of gear to be found for every character.

There's cool multiverse modes which change every single day so you always have new stuff to play with new modifiers.

Plus the characters are all fun to play as and feel strong.

JJShadow

Cannot play this today due to some appointments and I'm already feeling withdrawal, social life always ruining better plans

Now I'm scared on checking the Guild tomorrow and drown on 20+ loot boxes lol

The story is actually decent. It's good for a play & trade(or Redbox?) if you aren't big into fighting games.

Any chance we will be getting more shader/skins like Powergirl and Grid. I would love to see some skins for Batman and Joker and some of the others.
Almost certainly. MKX released costumes and costume packs with each patch. I would inagine, given the source material, we will see as many or more over the next few months.

Hasney

Cannot play this today due to some appointments and I'm already feeling withdrawal, social life always ruining better plans

Now I'm scared on checking the Guild tomorrow and drown on 20+ loot boxes lol

Just don't mash X.People have left guilds doing that.

JJShadow

Definitely. I'm fucking awful at fighting games and I'm having a blast with this. Story is dope, there are tons of gear to unlock and the Multiverse offers varied, endless SP content. Technical aspects of the game and production values are superb as well

If you have a minimum interest in DC comics, you should be in for a treat

1 nice thing about the game is that you can always do flashy stuff even if you have next to no idea how to play.

But it still doesn't hamper anyone who is skilled enough to know how to play the game.

Yeah, that was it.

Yeah I saw some matches of his last week. Great Flash player.

Really good to see a Harley/Bane in finals too. I did endless with harley AI this weekend and she has some great combos and options definitely going to pick her up once the level 20 grind is over.

Xeteh

This game wants me to play Cyborg really bad. 8 Epics (at least one for each slot) and a ton of shaders. Cyborg is butts though.

Also side note, how the fuck did they not put the Batman Arkham Knight armour in this game? It suits it so much.

I thought it was at first there's a headpiece early on that has a mechanical head look and blue eyes. When I first unlocked and used it, I felt if it wasn't it..... it sure looked inspired by it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Some characters definitely feel like they got shafted with gear, or atleast are more all in on one part changing them the most (Superman's S symbol compared to his almost all the same head pieces).

Pretty much every piece of gear I have for Darkseid looks super similar outside of the headpieces. Scarecrow has a ton of really cool gear, including epics which seem really unique. But the epics I have for Black Canary's jacket just...add spikes on the same jacket variant I've seen in a bunch of pieces already.

Harley has a lot of variety, I've seen atleast 4 totally different outfits, but all the stuff I have for Ivy just look more like color swaps since the chest piece always seems the same unless I've just gotten unlucky.

I feel like Hal becoming a Red Lantern would ruin his character arc in the series. He made such a huge deal about the Green Lantern corps putting him through hell to get his ring back, and his resistance to Atrocitus in this game felt like they were trying to show the development of his mental fortitude since Gods Among Us.

You may be right. It's not unprecedented for Hal to lose it in other continuities.

I know the Arcade endings aren't always canon, but sometimes the endings do inform the direction the characters are taken in future titles. Hal's Arcade ending sees him
re-joining the Sinestro/Yellow Lantern Corps, on a mission to find and apprehend Sinestro after his escape
during the events of this game.

Top Bottom