• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Flowmoney

Its disappointing that Static won't be in the game he is like the coolest DC character ever in my opinion , I was hoping that the DLC would convince me to buy the game but I don't care about Batman or Mortal Kombat characters and potentially the few that won't be.

Man it would have been so cool hovering on the disc with Static.

Perineum

Yeah I def need to hit up practice mode and see what my options are. I am getting bodied by Supergirls on a consistent basis.

Scarecrows teleport is hella unsafe so you can punish him all day for being stupid enough to use it.

Darkseids is a bit worse than Supergirl's, because he has more options off of it, and can confirm for a lot of damage if it hits...

Supergirl's is just fast. It can lead to stuff, but not scary enough and it's a harder combo than what seid is rocking. Most of the time if I start walking towards the Supergirl and he's a teleport spammer, he will just teleport into me blocking already since I walked the correct direction to block, then I punish big. If he doesn't teleport I am walking him to the corner, or I am close enough now to start my own mix ups. The thing that sucks is a smarter SG will use her power to eye blast you and when you get close enough then just jump over you for a cross up mix up to reset the situation.

The basic bitches though eat shit all day by walking towards them.

Finaika

j96j22js2jzy.png

new Wonder Woman movie gear shown today on Injustice celebrity stream
https://www.twitch.tv/steveaoki

Nice.

Now give me CW Supergirl pls.

To add on to the dog pile from the last page, its too bad they made wonderwoman such a huge piece of shit other story mode. Lol truly the real villain of the story. She reminds me of Lori from walking dead lmao

Oh wow the "Powers of Dr. Polaris" modifier is no fun at all, holy crap.

The whole floor just gets electrified every 2 seconds or so stunning anyone on the ground. That's so dumb
The Zoom modifier is even crazier. I think I got dizzy from how fast the match was going.

H2Yo

I was having heaps of trouble with some of the character tutorial combos, especially the cancel special into blah blah moves. If anyone has issues, here is what I found:

For Example, Joker: Down + Triangle (Special Move Cancel), Down and Forward Square, R2, Down and Back Square.

Initially it felt like there was no way to pull of the second part of the combo as it didn't register the inputs BUT you need to dial out the second part of the combo as the first part is just about to connect, not afterward.

Xeteh

At this point I feel like I can buy as many bronze boxes I want and then sell all the greys/blues and end up with practically what I started with.

Slaythe

At this point I feel like I can buy as many bronze boxes I want and then sell all the greys/blues and end up with practically what I started with.

They haven't fixed the multiplayer infinite gold box loophole so you might want to do that instead.

I've been meaning to start leveling Atrocitus since I like the character, but I was working on others first.

I guess the game really wants me to level him since he's only level 5 and has a 2 piece epic set bonus that increased all EXP earned by 150% and a helm that increases exp by 7%.

i'm getting 3200 profile xp and 2500 atrocitus xp every 2p match. this is just ridiculous.

edit: 16 minutes to level from 5 to 20.

bubumiao

I've been meaning to start leveling Atrocitus since I like the character, but I was working on others first.

I guess the game really wants me to level him since he's only level 5 and has a 2 piece epic set bonus that increased all EXP earned by 150% and a helm that increases exp by 7%.

i'm getting 3200 profile xp and 2500 atrocitus xp every 2p match. this is just ridiculous.

edit: 16 minutes to level from 5 to 20.

AI simulator is good for leveling up.

Slaythe

I thought that was common knowledge. I read it here in fact.

If not maybe we shouldn't make it public so that they don't fix it.

I'll send PM.

Slaythe

Ok everybody wait.

So apparently it really is a glitch, which means all the gold boxes are dupplicating themselves.

I've gotten the same loot countless times.

On the plus side, it goes give a lot of money so ... between selling the dupplicates and the money you earn for opening a box I guess you do get a lot of legit gold boxes.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ok everybody wait.

So apparently it really is a glitch, which means all the gold boxes are dupplicating themselves.

I've gotten the same loot countless times.

On the plus side, it goes give a lot of money so ... between selling the dupplicates and the money you earn for opening a box I guess you do get a lot of legit gold boxes.

Oh wow. Loot box drops are determined that far in advance huh? Guess that's designed to stop save scumming.

Xeteh

idk how it works but if the loot is the same that is kind of a bummer. Not really needing credits, I've been sitting around 1.5m. Been buying bronze boxes for like an hour+ now.

Q8D3vil

I was having heaps of trouble with some of the character tutorial combos, especially the cancel special into blah blah moves. If anyone has issues, here is what I found:

For Example, Joker: Down + Triangle (Special Move Cancel), Down and Forward Square, R2, Down and Back Square.

Initially it felt like there was no way to pull of the second part of the combo as it didn't register the inputs BUT you need to dial out the second part of the combo as the first part is just about to connect, not afterward.
Input shortcut solve that problem, but it will creates other problems so i dont know any other way than just learning to do it the hard way.

fernoca

I want these gold boxes in the unlimited amount variety in which you speak!
If it's what I think, you just:
Go into AI battle, choose your 3 strongest AIs, choose to attack/fight the weakest fighters you see, you earn 1 Gold Box per win (up to 5 per day)...BUT!...

If you go to the Battle Log and delete those 5 most recent attacks/fights, you can then fight 5 more times, make sure you win, earn another 5 golds, rinse and repeat.

EDIT:
Wait, it is a secret? Has been posted before and yeah, is a glitch.

If it's what I think, you just:
Go into AI battle, choose your 3 strongest AIs, choose to attack/fight the weakest fighters you see, you earn 1 Gold Box per win (up to 5 per day)...BUT!...

If you go to the Battle Log and delete those 5 most recent attacks/fights, you can then fight 5 more times, make sure you win, earn another 5 golds, rinse and repeat.

EDIT:
Wait, it is a secret? Has been posted before and yeah, is a glitch.

i'm not 100% sure, but I think if you get 5 chests, delete, get 5 chests, delete, etc. You're actually just getting the same 5 chests again and again.

I'm so excited for my copy to come in tomorrow. I also have the Xbox Hori fight pad on preorder from Amazon because I heard good reviews from the PlayStation version. This is exactly the game I wanted to play this summer :)

Ellite25

What's the best way to get better at this game? I don't play fighting games a lot and I played a few games online and got absolutely destroyed. Are there good videos? Any tips?

Q8D3vil

What's the best way to get better at this game? I don't play fighting games a lot and I played a few games online and got absolutely destroyed. Are there good videos? Any tips?
- pick a character ( i recommend batman
for beginners ).
- Learn combos and setups.
- Practice them against an ai.
- Go online.

So I'm kind of interested in Wonder Woman but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around her. Is the goal just short, high damage combos or is there something I'm missing?

Pick a character in practice mode.

Pull up their move list from the menu, you can press triangle (y? on xb1) on a move and save it to your screen while your playing. In a single player match as well. You can do this to several moves at a time. Practice these or at least try to memorize a couple.

More often than not the third part of a combo/the end will have a small window to cancel into a special move. Try to figure out which combos cancel into a special. Remember that you need to input the special before the move before it finishes, not as it finishes in Netherrealm games.

Try to practice different set ups this way and learn a basic string. Once you got the idea its pretty universal.

Try the tutorial once again, all the mechanics there are really useful. Things like cancelling into a knock away or pop up. how to use meter and what not.

Set an AI match and watch what they are doing. You can get some good ideas from a few of the things they do. The AI tends to use a lot of good moves for their characters and the worse moves less. It can give you an idea of how things link for a character or what good uses of gameplans could be.

ZeroX03

Banned
Content wise, does this game have decent legs?

Oh the game has the content, it's more the grind/RNG involved that's the issue. There's always stuff to do in multiverse and gear to go for.

Competitively it'll last a year and then drop off to nothing, but that's to be expected.

This is the most fun I've had with a new fighter since UMVC3. I've thought MKX and SF4 were a bit disappointing and I haven't delved into anime fighters.

Are there any characters that are genuinely considered bad? It seems most of the cast is viable.

Top Bottom