• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Ryce

I increased the brightness of that teaser:

lC9qGZ3.png

Whose shield (or helmet) is that?

Magwik

Banned
Well we have the DLC characters from the initial leaked roster that was 100% right soo
2. Starfire
Black Manta
Spawn
Terra
Katana
Klarion The Witch Boy
Static Shock
take that with a grain of salt

Ryce

Well we have the DLC characters from the initial leaked roster that was 100% right soo
2. Starfire
Black Manta
Spawn
Terra
Katana
Klarion The Witch Boy
Static Shock
The roster leak did not include DLC characters. Those were tacked on months later by a completely different person.

2. Starfire
Black Manta
Spawn
Terra
Katana
Klarion The Witch Boy
Static Shock
That was someone else adding a list to the original list.

vg260

If I had to guess, I'd say the first three DLC characters will be Red Hood, Ares, and Spawn.

This would be my guess as well.

I'm almost counting on some returning characters after Boon's poll the other night. He often seems to poll based on stuff they're already planning, and it seems a bit late to poll for interest at this point.

Although I hate the idea of returning characters eating up DLC slots.

This would be my guess as well.

I'm almost counting on some returning characters after Boon's poll the other night. He often seems to poll based on stuff they're already planning, and it seems a bit late to poll for interest at this point.

Although I hate the idea of returning characters eating up DLC slots.

I do not want to see Injustice veterans returning via DLC unless there are overhauls to their move sets, etc, however, I'd much rather see new characters and ideas. I'm still committed to the Ultimate Edition, but I'll be somewhat disappointed if potential returning characters are largely unchanged from the first game and remain bland and uninteresting. Though I suppose the gear system is a means of making returning characters exciting.

vg260

I do not want to see Injustice veterans returning via DLC unless there are overhauls to their move sets, etc, however, I'd much rather see new characters and ideas. I'm still committed to the Ultimate Edition, but I'll be somewhat disappointed if potential returning characters are largely unchanged from the first game and remain bland and uninteresting. Though I suppose the gear system is a means of making returning characters exciting.

I'm very curious how the numbers work out.

I guess really, all I want out of DLC is Black Manta as it's the only character I have long familiarity with due to the cartoons. Ares bored me in the first, so the only upside to me of that is that if they shoe-horn a DCEU villain in there because of the movies, they might do the same for Manta, since I believe he's in the Aquaman movie, even if way off.

Maybe if they give Aquaman an Ocean Master skin, they could have Manta as a DLC character and then have three characters to choose from to replace the stage transition character depending on the matchup. That would work out kinda cool. I'm not familiar with Ocean Master, but if I recall correctly, that's not to much of a stretch for a premiere skin, right?

Hell yeah! Im normally against more Bat characters, But I will gladly make an exception for Kate( or Cassandra)

Red Hood's inclusion seems assured. I'm not going to deny those odds. I'd be thrilled with Kate making the roster as well though. So thrilled I'd not care who else was part of the 9 character Season Pass.

Ryce

I'm not familiar with Ocean Master, but if I recall correctly, that's not to much of a stretch for a premiere skin, right?
Ocean Master makes so much sense as a premier skin that I'd be legitimately upset if it didn't happen. He uses a trident, he can control storms, and he can communicate with sea life. He's essentially an evil Aquaman.

Ocean Master makes so much sense as a premier skin that I'd be legitimately upset if it didn't happen. He uses a trident, he can control storms, and he can communicate with sea life.

Absolutely! I expect Ocean Master to be there at launch, if not soon after.

Magwik

Banned
"No more Bat-family characters!"

*Names a Bat-family character they want as DLC*
I mean I detest the amount of Batman characters in the game. But more women heroes/villains is always an exception.
Plus gear on Batgirl or Batwoman would be dope.

RedHill

Banned

Are you seeing the same people doing this exact thing or are you throwing the "no more bat family" opinion onto people you see wanting bat family as if they're hypocrites because you fail to realize that individuals on forums don't all think alike?

There are also two batarangs stuck to the left column. If those weapons are teasers, I think it's likely we can anticipate an Aquaman rep (Black Manta), Batman rep (Red Hood) and Wonder Woman rep (Ares).

RedHill

Banned
There are also two batarangs stuck to the left column. If those weapons are teasers, we can anticipate an Aquaman rep (Black Manta), Batman rep (Red Hood) and Wonder Woman rep (Ares).
This was my thought as well, but it's hard for me to think that they'd reveal three DLC with not a single guest attached to it. (Plus I really, really do not want Ares)

vg260

Ocean Master makes so much sense as a premier skin that I'd be legitimately upset if it didn't happen. He uses a trident, he can control storms, and he can communicate with sea life. He's essentially an evil Aquaman.

That's perfect then for swapping out in the transition with Aquaman or Manta as needed.

Hopefully they considered that early on.

I didn't say that I didn't want more Bat-family reps. I have been pushing Batwoman even after the roster leak. I strongly believe Red Hood is going to be one of the first characters, if not the first, announced for DLC. I'd just love to see a female rep from the Bat-family.

If we're going for females, I'd love to see Mera over Batwoman or Batgirl. She might even be a likely contender considering the aquaman movie.

If we just have to have another batfam character that's a girl, go with Cassandra Cain atleast.

This was my thought as well, but it's hard for me to think that they'd reveal three DLC with not a single guest attached to it. (Plus I really, really do not want Ares)

I don't remember the guest characters being announced upfront for either MKX or the first Injustice, but I could be wrong. I do know that Boon said we can expect more guest characters because their sales are typically highest.

Alienous

If we're going for females, I'd love to see Mera over Batwoman or Batgirl. She might even be a likely contender considering the aquaman movie.

If we just have to have another batfam character that's a girl, go with Cassandra Cain atleast.

I'd say if you're going with a BatFamily member go with Huntress. I think she's disconnected just enough, and could be a good Batgirl replacement.

But otherwise I sort of want a character like Circe - magic would be interesting.

RedHill

Banned
I don't remember the guest characters being announced upfront for either MKX or the first Injustice, but I could be wrong. I do know that Boon said we can expect more guest characters because their sales are typically highest.
Jason was the first DLC character revealed for MKX. The second DLC reveal showed all the first Kombat pack which included Jason and Predator. Injustice 1 did their reveals one by one

Scotia

Banned
I didn't say that I didn't want more Bat-family reps. I have been pushing Batwoman even after the roster leak. I strongly believe Red Hood is going to be one of the first characters, if not the first, announced for DLC. I'd just love to see a female rep from the Bat-family.

I wasn't talking about you in my post man, it was just a silly joke. Didn't mean for anyone to really take it seriously, sorry.

Jason was the first DLC character revealed for MKX. The second DLC reveal showed all the first Kombat pack which included Jason and Predator. Injustice 1 did their reveals one by one

I forgot about Jason. Thanks for the clarification. I guess we should expect a guest character then, especially if multiple characters are announced.

RedHill

Banned
I kinda wish NRS would start having secret characters in games again. How cool would it be to get the game and have a few characters that were totally unannounced and blacked out until you unlocked them.

AEREC

I kinda wish NRS would start having secret characters in games again. How cool would it be to get the game and have a few characters that were totally unannounced and blacked out until you unlocked them.

I actually miss those days, used to be one of my favorite things about the MK series.

Imagine if they didn't announce Pre-Order skins. Reverse Flash would've been a complete surprise.

Marvel

could never
Cyber Sub-Zero was a cool touch in MKX, I hope for something sneaky in I2.

Memory

Almost Impossible nowadays unfourtunatley, techs pull data straight from the code, streamers get games early and spoil shit with thumbnails, games journalists publish articles with spoilers in the title, voice actors tweet shit they shouldn't, ex-employees post credits on Linkdin, Alpha/beta players post videos on youtube and then of course we have detectiveGAF.

I mean shit the games whole cast sans DLC was leaked pretty early on.

Had it not leaked that he was part of the roster, Mr Freeze could have been a secret character, albeit, as a Premier Skin. He still hasn't been officially announced either, though he appeared briefly in a trailer showcasing Cold's shaders.

RedHill

Banned
Had it not leaked that he was part of the roster, Mr Freeze could have been a secret character, albeit, as a Premier Skin. He still hasn't been officially announced either, though he appeared briefly in a trailer showcasing Cold's shaders.
That reminds me, we may have a few more "Mr Freeze" types hidden on disc when the game releases. Atleast, I hope so.

Top Bottom