• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

JAXXX

C-7jI_DXYAAM3Lh.jpg:small

Now confirmed
https://mobile.twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/859874545251037185/photo/1

Zetta

I'd much rather have Hellboy, V (V from Vendetta), Judge Dredd and Rorschach as guest characters over Buffy.

Judge Dredd..... Judge Dredd...... why why did you do this, now this is all I want. Dredd with Karl Urban as the voice would be soo gooood, hell I could even settle for a skin for Cold with slight changes.

bubumiao

I think reaction videos are stupid. Everyone and their mother does em, lame.

They're so contrived that's why I can't stand them. Also can't stand people begging to like & subscribe. If I like it I'd do that on my own without being asked.

Compbros

I think reaction videos are stupid. Everyone and their mother does em, lame.

Unknown reactions are great, things like a camera on someone all of E3 can be amazing. But when someone hears about a video or just finished reading a chapter and then reacts to it for the first time it's already kind of phony.

DrBo42

What bothers me the most is that they're implying Injustice 2 suffers from the exact problems as MKX while it fixed a huge amount of issues.

I guess the SFV stans are jealous because this is gonna sell millions again while their game bombed.

Personally I'm gonna play Guilty Gear Injustice 2 and Tekken 7. I've let SFV to die since it was probably the worst SF I've played.

Well a lot of the actual fighting and moving animations are still really bad. They've made huge strides in faces and facial expression but the actual moves and hits look bad in comparison to nearly every other fighter. Criticism of a lack of weight or realism to a punch or kick anatomy wise is still very valid. Although some characters fare better than others.

sinkfla87

Unknown reactions are great, things like a camera on someone all of E3 can be amazing. But when someone hears about a video or just finished reading a chapter and then reacts to it for the first time it's already kind of phony.

I agree. And you should totally do some YouTube videos, I'll watch them. It's kind of like PND K&M, vast majority of their videos are rich with content and well executed so I love watching their stuff in contrast to all the garbage tier videos on YouTube. I've been wanting to make a parody YouTube account for awhile now using every obnoxious trope I see haha.

And to the guy who made the long post about Dr. Fates win pose, etc... I'll respond later when I'm not on mobile but that shit was long :p

I'm already speculating on the best way to play Captain Cold based on gameplay I've seen and I'm thinking his trait may have to be used like GA's, with charging his gun at the end of combo strings, and ending combo strings with walls occasionally.

Edit: I will however briefly say that the detractors in this thread still are completely missing the point of what I said. Whether or not you think the animations and movesets are bad is your opinion, and that's fine. It's the need to consistently remind fans of why their game is bad with opinions masqueraded as facts. I understand the gameplay differences and why someone would prefer links rather than dialed combos, but I don't understand the need to go reminding people of why their system is better lol. The gameplay should be different as it's distinctive to each IP.

Just read the recent issue of the I2 prequel comic.

The Queen Family is a national treasure.

Man, Tom Taylor is killing it on Injustice 2. His writing, especially his characterisation, is on another level. Dinah and Ollie are the best.

I wasn't expecting
Supes
to
break out
so soon. Keen af to see where Taylor takes us.

Slaythe

Man, Tom Taylor is killing it on Injustice 2. His writing, especially his characterisation, is on another level. Dinah and Ollie are the best.

I wasn't expecting
Supes
to
break out
so soon. Keen af to see where Taylor takes us.

I guess i have to read this now.

Marvel

could never
I hope both players have to press a button to skip intros because fucknuggets on launch day and just beyond will skip em all :/

vg260

I'd wager that Brainiac is the third character on Friday's stream, which leaves all the remaining characters that are returning from Injustice 1. I think they won't get a proper gameplay stream showing what changes they may have received, maybe because there's not much to show. :[

Makes sense, and that would be cool. I still want to see what they did with Green Lantern though.

MrCarter

There's a huge army of Street Fighter defenders, many of them also quite condescending. I would know, because I, as a newcomer to the series, was burned by Street Fighter Vs shitty release state and when I and others went online and voiced our complaints we were always blasted by that fanboy army. What they basically said: Deal with it. Street Fighter needs no content for it is the absolute best fighter ever created and it's not meant to be played by filthy casuals anyway.

No need to get salty over a negative thread on NRS animations, mate. SFV gets a lot of shit on GAF for thier lack of casual content but the core aspects of the game, which are the animation and gameplay are indeed very good compared to MKX or Injustice. The thread was mainly an in-depth look at how awful the animations are in MKX (and to an extent Injustice) and how they don't follow the basic principles and fundamentals, it's been a good discussion but obviously you will get drive-by hate posts as you do with everything on GAF.

Slaythe

Oh, that's super disappointing

He gets blue flames with his trait.

Also, I'm getting kinda concerned they only bothered to make a single head gear piece for Superman and called it a day. He doesn't even get different hairstyles like Joker. It's just nothing or that square mask thing. Called different names sure but looking literally the same.

Tyaren

No need to get salty over a negative thread on NRS animations, mate.

Huh? I wasn't even talking about that animations thread. I actually do agree MK's and the old Injustice's animations look janky and there's lots of room for improvement, which I hope will be visible in IJ2.

Now, what I will get salty over, is if there won't be a proper PS4 Pro mode in the game, or if there is no downsampling for HDTV users, which is seemingly becoming a trend. They still are perfectly silent regarding that matter and that worries me.

GravyButt

I have the latest mortal kombat on xb1 debating getting this on the ps4. Have they mentioned any bonuses or anything if you own mk?

vg260

Now, what I will get salty over, is if there won't be a proper PS4 Pro mode in the game, or if there is no downsampling for HDTV users, which is seemingly becoming a trend. They still are perfectly silent regarding that matter and that worries me.

I want PS4 Pro enhancements, but I've kinda given up hope and figure Boost mode at worst. It would be a shame if they did nothing. Maybe they're working on that after going gold.

I'd pick up the Xbox version at launch too if I knew they would future-proof it for Scorpio, but I guess they can't talk about it or don't have the dev kits.

bubumiao

Do the six notches on top of the health bears have any significance? There is one at about half, one at 1/4th and then 4 real close together in the final 1/3rd of that 1/4th.

I didn't play MKX, but noticed it has similar notches in its health bars. Are these just an aesthetic choice or is there a reason to pay attention to their placement for doing certain special moves?

bubumiao

A sword and shield?

A clue?

Aqua man's weapon is in the background along with some other stuff too so I don't think those are clues.

Edit: bottom of previous page

Do the six notches on top of the health bears have any significance? There is one at about half, one at 1/4th and then 4 real close together in the final 1/3rd of that 1/4th.

I didn't play MKX, but noticed it has similar notches in its health bars. Are these just an aesthetic choice or is there a reason to pay attention to their placement for doing certain special moves?

Top Bottom