• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 SPOILER Thread: No Bars Among Us

Garlador

While I like the different take on the DC universe, they really need to dial back on Batman being the great savior.

Batman talks down to Superman and the Regime, saying that it isn't their place to lead the entire world. Meanwhile, after merging with Luthor Corp, Wayne Industries is probably the biggest corporation in the world and Bruce Wayne is personally spearheading the reconstruction of the planet and guiding world councils on what to do. The irony of this is never brought up.

Secondly, Batman has constructed Brother Eye in this universe and has once again kept it secret from the world. In the mainstream comics, Batman's construction of a secret satellite (a re-imagining of the satellite that empowers OMAC, who would be a cool choice for a DLC character) that monitors and takes out supers was shown to be an awful idea stemming from his most paranoid period (thanks to Identity Crisis). Here, it's brushed aside as being necessary and not once is he reprimanded when it is immediately hijacked by Brainiac to expedite his conquest.

His disregard for the "circle of trust" in the beginning and his notion of him putting Superman behind bars is also kind of dumb, because if it wasn't for another universe's Justice League, especially their SUPERMAN, he'd never been able to stop the regime.

Batman is my favorite superhero and always has been since I was a kid. I love him, but it cheapens the character to make him the infallible cynic who will never bend and is always the best. They humanized Superman more in this game, despite his saturday morning villain routine in the last game, I just wished they would have done the same for Batman.

I would also like to know more about this universe's history of Batman. Superman's is really unique as he was completely untested. Luthor was his friend and only opposed him after the regime, he only heard of Brainiac and is only just now facing him, it's interesting to see how little hardships he faced before the Joker blowing up Metropolis with Lois and their child just instantly broke him. The only thing we now about Batman is that at least Dick, Jason, and Damien were Robins, but not much else.

Comics, my friend. The Injustice series goes into a lot of Batman's reasoning, methods, history, and experiences. And you better believe they call out his hypocrisy time and time again there.
batman-vs-superman-injustice-gods-among-us-3.png

injustice2_0.jpg

catwoman-loves-batman.jpg

The Superman of this universe is very untested, while this is a Batman that has had all four Robins (Tim's locked in the Phantom Zone). Green Arrow sums it up in banter in Injustice 2: "you're a lot more grim than MY universe's Batman." "I've lost more friends." "Not funny, got it."

He's arguably far more tested than probably any other Batman, and it's precisely why Joker in the Injustice universe QUIT going after Batman and targeted Superman, because Joker of all people realized he never was going to break Batman the way Superman broke.

Batman has always been shady - in every universe - but this is an incarnation that has reached the epiphany that Dick Grayson's Batman reached: that you NEED to rely on your allies and you can't be a one-man army.

In this universe, he has no secret identity. He has no personal security. He's entirely exposed, and the only thing keeping the Regime from eating him alive is the friendships and allies that believe alongside him that Superman's Regime has gone too far. Even several members of the Regime are only there to try and keep Superman in check - like Catwoman, Flash, and Shazam - only to discover they're incapable of doing so, and when they realize that, they defect. Batman is the leader of a movement, and Batman as a "symbol" is shown in-public as unstoppable and inerrant, while behind the scenes we see ally after ally helping pick him up after each fall and stumble.

cordy

Banned
Just beat Story Mode with both characters and even had a talk with my brother about it given he had the game before me and did the same.

We both hate Wonder Woman.

I'd really love to see Harley be a Bat ally in the regular books. Really cool idea from this universe with a lot of potential.

That seems like the most likely change to come over, Harley is popular and she's already shifted into anti-heroine role, though tbh I don't care for Harley at all and I would hate to see her in something like the league, given her history with the joker. As part of the sirens though, I could see that. Maybe the outsiders or secret six as well.

I finished the game and I really liked where they were going until the Regime end. They just made superman too much off his fucking rocker.
Merging with Brainiac's ship & mind controlling Batman? Really?
Didn't care for axing Dr. Fate either. Wonder if either of the endings are really canon, I doubt they'll make an IJ3 without a superman and repowering him seems overplayed at this point (and Regime ending is too fucking silly to be real).

Just beat Story Mode with both characters and even had a talk with my brother about it given he had the game before me and did the same.

We both hate Wonder Woman.

Good to know that everyone is on the same thought process I am RE: Wonder Woman being a total shithead

I wish it was like IJ1 where there was separate lines for regime superman and regular superman, except extend that to Wonder Woman as well. Kind of odd to hear Superman say something superman like then follow it up with an asshat comment.

Comics, my friend. The Injustice series goes into a lot of Batman's reasoning, methods, history, and experiences. And you better believe they call out his hypocrisy time and time again there.

The Superman of this universe is very untested, while this is a Batman that has had all four Robins (Tim's locked in the Phantom Zone). Green Arrow sums it up in banter in Injustice 2: "you're a lot more grim than MY universe's Batman." "I've lost more friends." "Not funny, got it."

He's arguably far more tested than probably any other Batman, and it's precisely why Joker in the Injustice universe QUIT going after Batman and targeted Superman, because Joker of all people realized he never was going to break Batman the way Superman broke.

Batman has always been shady - in every universe - but this is an incarnation that has reached the epiphany that Dick Grayson's Batman reached: that you NEED to rely on your allies and you can't be a one-man army.

In this universe, he has no secret identity. He has no personal security. He's entirely exposed, and the only thing keeping the Regime from eating him alive is the friendships and allies that believe alongside him that Superman's Regime has gone too far. Even several members of the Regime are only there to try and keep Superman in check - like Catwoman, Flash, and Shazam - only to discover they're incapable of doing so, and when they realize that, they defect. Batman is the leader of a movement, and Batman as a "symbol" is shown in-public as unstoppable and inerrant, while behind the scenes we see ally after ally helping pick him up after each fall and stumble.
I'm a big fan of the comic. It's one of the few I still read. I just wish they showed more of it in the game. I also wasn't happy with how they veered from the comic, like how they retconned Superman's first year of the regime by what happened in Arkham and the difference with Zsasz.

Lokimaru

I still don't get why Bruce Wayne isn't in jail for all the Laws his broken as Batman. He should at least be banned from putting on the suit ever again like the Flash was. Hell the class action lawsuits alone would cripple Wayne/Luthor enterprises. I swear this whole game's logic is a giant double standard. Batman is just a guy chasing other guys and beating the shit out of them. That's Assault and Battery. He throws Batterangs at people and knows Martial Arts. Assault with a deadly weapon. I could go on but you get the point.

I still don't get why Bruce Wayne isn't in jail for all the Laws his broken as Batman. He should at least be banned from putting on the suit ever again like the Flash was. Hell the class action lawsuits alone would cripple Wayne/Luthor enterprises. I swear this whole game's logic is a giant double standard. Batman is just a guy chasing other guys and beating the shit out of them. That's Assault and Battery. He throws Batterangs at people and knows Martial Arts. Assault with a deadly weapon. I could go on but you get the point.

It's a comic book.

Am I crazy or does Poison Ivy's armor models all look nearly identical? There's almost no variation.

Yeah it's a Comicbook alright because lets not pretend Injustice isn't just a few roster changes away from being rich corporate elitists stopping minorities and middle class workers from changing the world for the better.

What

Top Bottom