• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad KTJL Spoiler Thread

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Feel free to discuss spoilers here for story and keep it out of OT since some folks keep getting unmarked spoilers in there.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I’m shocked how hollow this game is. It’s like destiny 1 levels of bad. Except destiny 1 had a whole halo esque campaign with a beginning middle and end that got gutted last minute and ironically started this trend of live service games story mode just being a husk to give excuse for shooting gameplay and plug/set up the post launch content

You literally just shoot Superman. Read: SUPERMAN. Ya know, the bronze medalist to only Batman and Spider-Man in all of superhero pantheon? And he screams. Falls. Dead. You beat him. Good job. Same for flash and green lantern. The ending is a straight live service cliche as there really is no finality besides “aren’t you excited for 12 more seasons of this garbage?” Embarrassing.

Yeah let’s just say I don’t think sefton hill and Jamie Walker left because they felt they had reached a stopping point in their career. They probably had the publishers hand so far up their ass I can only imagine the meetings as they realize their industry has gone fully corporate.

Last edited:
You can see the notes all over this

“Yeah we need more humor, market research shows people like humor in media”

“Yes so the film made a good ROI we’re gonna need the studio to pivot to suicide squad as we think we can grow this IP in the gaming market in the coming years”

“Some people found the Batman games offensive we need you to contract and outsource writing to SBI to ensure inclusivity and safeness for all gamers”

“It seems most gamers are skewing younger we’re gonna need you to target a younger demographic as we feel it will reach a broader audience”

“Fortnite was extremely successful so we need a strong live service model from you guys to maximize monetization for years to come”

“Market research has indicated people are growing tired of standard superhero affairs, this game should capture a more edgy tone as we feel the market enjoys villains just as much as heroes now”

MirageMew2

On topic, I’ll say the actual Batman death has a pretty resolute tribute after the credits. People harping “he’s a clone, he’ll heal, he’ll come back!” I’m just not seeing it.

Everyone else is mostly fair game but unless Conroy recorded more dialogue that hasn’t been mined, Bruce (and Diana, as well) seemingly come out the game dead dead.

Last edited:

MirageMew2

Lex got his pulsing heart removed and throwed in the Shark. Boomerang piss in the Flash body. Green Lantern die in pijamas. Batman die the same way his parents.

So cute that somehow Wonder Woman is spared of all this shit.

WW has the most “yep she dead” moment out of anybody lol literally melted to ashes by Supe’s laser vision

Everything I'm seeing about this game is just furthering my belief that the super hero genre is dead to me. I'd already given up on Marvel movies and games, but DC too? Truly sucks.
Yeah I don’t care about any property now except Batman. He’s the last bastion. Hyped for the movie in 2025, the new tv show this year, and the inevitable “we’re sorry” single player game theyll greenlight after this shitshow

I would say Spider-Man too but the last game and his recent movies are not my cup of tea at all. He’s been a little compromised by committee let’s just say

Last edited:

Fake

WW has the most “yep she dead” moment out of anybody lol literally melted to ashes by Supe’s laser vision

lmao. Yeah. You really need your eyes checked, because there is no 'melted' in that scene.

Even more funny that you don't even get my post. I was talking about 'insult' killing. You know, when someone kill and after joke or vandalize the corpse.

Last edited:

MirageMew2

lmao. Yeah. You really need your eyes checked, because there is no 'melted' in that scene.

Even more funny that you don't even get my post. I was talking about 'insult' killing.

Sorry I don’t get taking fictional deaths personal

Dusted? Glassed? Turned to ash? Who cares she’s literally toast LOL

Saber

Gold Member

You mean, disintegred after a time in the same fashion as Voldemort? Not to mention the dramatic tone and Harley Quin being ultra sad over this?
My dude, in what part of her body Super-man ultray ray vision did the damage actually? All I see is her armor being burn damaged.

can someone spoil me the ending pls

Theres no ending yet. There are more Brainiacs for them to kill.

Last edited:

Fake

Sorry I don’t get taking fictional deaths personal

Dusted? Glassed? Turned to ash? Who cares she’s literally toast LOL

Re-read my post, but slowly. The point was about disgrace the dead body. Or do you wanna really compare Flash getting urine in his dead body?

Last edited:
I heard basically the entire Justice league gets resurrected in future seasons. Brainiac gives some kind of regenerative power? So batman not actually dead. That may or may not have been the end of Batman...assuming they actually make the DLC for him. If the game bombs it will probably be the end for him which is sad

Last edited:

Fake

Wahhh my male heroes? LOL
681156.jpg

MirageMew2

If you gonna make it look like its not a big deal then at least put some work on it.

I didn't know this. Is this some part of future content of the leak mentioned that?

To imply it’s a big deal means I had to have cared about the game first. It always looked shit so the story outcome bares no weight on my mental capacity unlike some folks it seems.

Last edited:
If you gonna make it look like its not a big deal then at least put some work on it.

I didn't know this. Is this some part of future content or the leak mentioned that?
Been going through the reddit of the game, supposedly this one dialogues of the seasons:

Flash will get revived first

Saber

Gold Member
To imply it’s a big deal means I had to have cared about the game first. It always looked shit so the story outcome bares no weight on my mental capacity unlike some folks it seems.

Why even respond if you don't care? If is trolling, no one is forcing you to write crap on here.

MirageMew2

Why even respond if you don't care? If is trolling, no one is forcing you to write crap on here.

Between myself writing for commentary and another being hostile “check your eyes” over the manner of deaths who’s the troll? Fuck off

Saber

Gold Member
Yeah she is the worst character in the game. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

Totally agree. Yeah ok, the writting is on the wall(specially the finger cut running gag and Boomerang aways getting punched/hited by someone), but damn her voice is terrible.

Last edited:

dottme

But seriously, killing the justice league is so dumb. And it has no emotional impact because we know there will be some bullshit excuse created to get the hero back.
If scenarist want death to have impact, it needs to be a death of the character. Not just I’m off the show for 1hour.

Astral Dog

Do people really like Harley Quinn? I can't for the life of me find her funny. Actually, "Annoying" would be the word that comes to mind.
I thought she was a great 'companion' to the Joker (undoubtly a villain,but yet another one of his victims), but then they made her a badass hero,something she was not meant to represent imo

They took away Harley's uniqueness to make it more marketeable

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Do people really like Harley Quinn? I can't for the life of me find her funny. Actually, "Annoying" would be the word that comes to mind.
Liked her since the Animated Series days though I imagine that version was always the best. Great deal of her character primarily comes from The Joker. Harleen originally wanted to "fix" the Joker as a psychiatrist. It doesn't work of course. And then she slowly descended into madness still believing she can change the Joker.

But without the Joker she is a rather hollowed out character.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Anyone mind sharing a super-cut or story scenes YT link here?

edit:

Last edited:
She's fine but has become overexposed in just much stuff she's in these days. Harley's essentially replaced Wonder Woman as DC's biggest female character and that makes no damn sense to me.
No. WB wants you to think so but no. She caught a good pop culture wave in 2016 with suicide squad but WW is the main girl of DC.

The second she was on her own in a movie she got trounced by Wonder Woman. Birds of prey was a gigantic flop even before Covid hit compared to WW2017 820M worldwide gross. Even the god awful Wonder Woman 2 I believe did more than the suicide squad which came out at a much better part of the pandemic

Last edited:
Top Bottom