• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming Dec/Jan: GET

Those of you playing Beans Dream and played Beans Quest, do you feel that Dream is easier? I feel like the levels in Quest were longer and more difficult.

Much, much easier. I'm on the candy world, with two more to go, and outside a few somewhat tricky bits I haven't had much trouble perfecting every level.
Okay, wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. Yeah, a bit disappointed with that. I like the visual overhaul and the game feels tighter and the new additions are cool, but the lack of difficulty and shorter levels are a bit of a let down after Quest. I'm practically flying through these levels, 100%-ing worlds with merely two or three attempts on each level.

I remember spending 30 minutes or so and countless tries on some of Quest levels trying to achieve jump pars

In Republique, if I buy Episode 2 and decide to get the season pass later, is the pass discounted because I'd already have Episode 2? Wanted to know because I want to continue the story but don't have enough to drop $15 on the pass at the moment

Matt Frost

Hmmm Bean Dreams seems to share the same problem that the first one had: its very short, very very short... but the easier difficulty is a complete turn off... thanks for the warning guys will wait for some new levels with more challenge before buying it...

So I decided to buy Destiny for the PS4, lets see how it goes, all my PSN friends are addicted to that one...

Impossible Road and Unpossible share very little in common. I don't see how IR 'owns' Unpossible

I think of Impossible Road the simpler, harder and pure version of Unpossible (or Proun+ the game that Unpossible feeds from). To me, is what Super Meat Boy did with platformers: strip all unnecessary things out and leave pure unadulterated gameplay. Also, I love the constant difficulty (you improve to adapt to a stale insane difficulty) and the "jumping" technique. So, Impossible Road > Unpossible all the way for me. (And I dont really feel like mentioning the many flaws Unpossible has)

putermcgee

In Republique, if I buy Episode 2 and decide to get the season pass later, is the pass discounted because I'd already have Episode 2? Wanted to know because I want to continue the story but don't have enough to drop $15 on the pass at the moment
I don't know 100%, but unless the game says otherwise on the purchase screen, it's probably best to assume there's no discount.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This reminds that I haven't played beyond the first episode of Republique. I played the first one on a trip and liked it a lot, even kept playing to find all the collectibles and such. Re-downloading it now, I wasn't aware that episode 3 had also been released.

Minsc

Gold Member
Is there any reason why it's so much more expensive than DQ and DQ2?

Also it's a longer game. IIRC, they priced DQ1 so low because it's a really short and basic RPG, and II is a bit longer, but still pretty basic. III is even longer to finish than II, and adds in a bunch of staples finally, like ability to switch classes, day/night, and so on.

God of Light went F2P
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/god-of-light/id735128536?mt=8

And Terrarria got its massive 1.2 update
- Over 1000 new items (including 30+ new block types)!
- Over 100 new enemies
- 4 new bosses, 15 new pets, 8 more NPCs
- Create a new world to experience brand new biomes & updates to old ones
- New events, new music - and weather!
- Many items now stack to 999
- Bigger chests!
- TONS of other improvements - too many to list!

JCho133

Those of you playing Beans Dream and played Beans Quest, do you feel that Dream is easier? I feel like the levels in Quest were longer and more difficult.

I'm playing through Quest for the 1st time right now and I'm having trouble getting all the gems in level 5.

Seriously though, can anyone take a look at that level and give me some tips? The gems I can't get are over bouncy pads next to the axotl thing. It's impossible to get every gem because it shoots you onto a platform you can't get down from, and you can't reach all the gems by bouncing off the adjacent boulder.

I'm playing through Quest for the 1st time right now and I'm having trouble getting all the gems in level 5.

Seriously though, can anyone take a look at that level and give me some tips? The gems I can't get are over bouncy pads next to the axotl thing. It's impossible to get every gem because it shoots you onto a platform you can't get down from, and you can't reach all the gems by bouncing off the adjacent boulder.
Trick is to do diagonal jumps to catch yourself against the brick ceiling and fall back onto the ball, jump back, etc.

JCho133

XuItzXc.png

Lol.

JCho133

Trick is to do diagonal jumps to catch yourself against the brick ceiling and fall back onto the ball, jump back, etc.

When I do that I can only ever get the far left side though, because if I try for any others I don't make it underneath the roof/wall in time and I go over the platform

killercow

http://imageform.se/heistuesday-10-steamworld-heist-is-coming-to-all-platforms/

Steamworld Heist is coming to all platforms!

.... Except iOS.

Oh I think it's coming to iOS too:

"We’re hoping to bring SteamWorld Heist to mobile platforms as well."
"Mobile development isn’t new ground to us: we’ve had great success on iOS with our game Anthill. We think everyone should get Anthill for either iOS or Android, and marvel over our incredible versatility as a studio. ;)"

RM8

RTTP: The Rhythm of Fighters. Holy cow, this is awesome! I bought it when it was released but I... uh, thought you had to actually touch the circles instead of tapping anywhere in the screen, rofl. Can we have one of these for Street Fighter, Capcom?

Matt Frost

I will say in its favor that, like the original game, there is absolutely zero IAP.

I will eventually buy it, when it turn shows up on the queue is on. Dont feel like it, and since Destiny is awesome and I have to lay in bed for a week...

http://imageform.se/heistuesday-10-steamworld-heist-is-coming-to-all-platforms/

Steamworld Heist is coming to all platforms!

.... Except iOS.

My PS4 will take that with both wide open arms...

XuItzXc.png

Eli Hodapp feels powerless outside TA. He cant ban anyone here without reason just because he has a grudge on for no reason at all, dont like you, are opposed to his pro-freemium rules or just want to have a healthy discussion involving criticism. I bet he is actually scared of coming here (or outside his safe zone) since THIS happened a while ago... read for your own pleasure (link to an interesting GAF thread from long ago, and the dude just turned worse since then).

awp69

Eli Hodapp feels powerless outside TA. He cant ban anyone here without reason just because he has a grudge on for no reason at all, dont like you, are opposed to his pro-freemium rules or just want to have a healthy discussion involving criticism. I bet he is actually scared of coming here (or outside his safe zone) since THIS happened a while ago... read for your own pleasure (link to an interesting GAF thread from long ago, and the dude just turned worse since then).

TA is kind of like Eli's mountains of Afganistan. He can live however he likes while he hides there, but knows he'd be eaten alive if he ever came out of his cave.

Dalek

Eli is a total fucking douchebag. I like the idea of TouchArcade, but his personality seeps into the site like a vile poison. He's just completely unlikable. Let's keep in mind also, this is a person who gave Candy Crush 5 stars-The highest possible rating one could give a game.

joesmokey

I finally decided to pickup Wayward Souls a week or so ago. I love it, though I am making very little progress in the
Catacombs
. Usually I seem to get too unlucky in situations or too impatient for avoiding damage. I think the furthest I've gotten is Floor 4 or 5.

I like using the warrior and spellsword, not really a fan of the mage. The warrior's upgrades are mostly garbage it seems, which is a little disappointing.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Any idea if/when Bitcoin billionaire is getting an update? I just earned 1.12Bb bitcoins in one offline period so I need something new to do :)

melike75

Neo Member
Could be wrong but from what I've been told it sounds like a moderation decision rather than a result of user complaints, seemingly chasing that endless "what is the purpose of the community section?" question.

Just catching up with this now as I didnt realise the ios thread had been moved. I thought it was always just a few pages off the main page but then as I scrolled through the pages I guess I ended up getting distracted and forgot about it. I only found this by searching.

I should add that I dont normally subscribe either but I guess I am now.

Flunkie

Banned
Well, it isn't a mistake in the long run. The Tier VIII American heavy tank (T29) is an absolute beast. In terms of power for its tier, it's one of the best tanks in the game.

Lol, the grinding it would take to get there is insane I bet...

I'll probably be on this weekend a lot though, with the free premium weekend. Add me to the in-game friends list, platoon, or whatever. Pretty sure my ID is Flunkie44 and if not, just drop the numbers.

It's really saying something when I say I'm tired of F2P games, as you all know, but...

I'm tired of F2P games and their bullshit. Peggle Blast would be fun as hell as it has some new ideas in the gameplay but the energy bullshit just pisses me the fuck off so bad. It's the last straw for me.

I don't touch F2P games either. I've got a small backlog of premium apps(wanna get further in Shades, Kiwanuka, might try Tengami again, maybe see if there's a Kairosoft game that interests me.)

How is Tengami?

I haven't gotten very far but...
1-It's VERY pretty. This is one of the most visually pleasing games I've seen in ages.
2-It is not in the least bit commute friendly(problem, because 90% of my iOS game time is on the train!) There are some puzzles that are easier to solve if you have the sound on. I don't wear headphones on the train so if your game can't be played deaf, then
3-For such limited player actions(tap or drag this/that) the puzzles can feel a little unfair at times.
4-The pacing feels really slow.

This game could have easily been another Monument Valley but alas, nope.
Graphics 11/10
Everything else 5/10

Corgi

Banned
so whats the current mfi controller roundup?

Whats the option for full size controller with clip for phone?

steelseries mini controller thing has done me well over the days, but i do wish it was bigger and was usable for iphone (its usable but not REALLY)

Flunkie

Banned
so whats the current mfi controller roundup?

Whats the option for full size controller with clip for phone?

steelseries mini controller thing has done me well over the days, but i do wish it was bigger and was usable for iphone (its usable but not REALLY)

Think this is the best: http://store.apple.com/us/product/HGXD2VC/A/steelseries-stratus-xl-wireless-gaming-controller

I might just be buying one for myself for Christmas.

This site is good too. http://afterpad.com/ Edit: Nvm, it's outdated.

I hadn't heard about the HORIPAD til just now. Hmm... looks nice: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LEPE5S8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

okno

The Sleeping Prince is free
https://appsto.re/us/fwwtM.i

As in free free. The game was originally F2P, and the IAP structure had turned me off, despite the overall quality of the game. But now the dev has removed all IAP and will be making the game premium. So it's currently free for a limited time so you get download it before they make it a paid game. Definitely worth checking out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMHttlq0Iig

Been playing this all day. Really sharp, cute game with a weird control scheme that I simultaneously love and loath. The game is also totally gorgeous. Highly recommend it.

Stay far away from Boulder Jack. Great graphics, but it has a lot of F2P trappings that make it a chore.

Also it's a longer game. IIRC, they priced DQ1 so low because it's a really short and basic RPG, and II is a bit longer, but still pretty basic. III is even longer to finish than II, and adds in a bunch of staples finally, like ability to switch classes, day/night, and so on.

Still, $9 is a bargain. I paid what for the SFC cart back in the day....US$80ish?

I bet everyone who thought S-E was mad for not embracing 99 cent games is eating their words now.

Top Bottom