• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming May 2016 | April jests bring Titan Quests

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just to share, Dragon Quest III is still on sale for $6.99

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Kind of a silly request, but are there any good word search games? My wife wants one for her iPad. The one I downloaded yesterday was loaded with ads and IAP.

So this week we got:

-Lost Frontier
-Sky Force Reloaded
-Dig Deep
-Star Nomad 2
-Nonstop Knight

Looking like a great week.
And looking at the schedule, More Badass was right, June is going to blow May out of the water.
This week has to be the most packed week in a long time. The whole month is crazy

Star Nomad 2 - June 1st
Lost Frontier - June 2nd
Sky Force Reloaded - June 2nd
Dig Deep - June 2nd
Rok - June 2nd
Pixel Cup Soccer 16 - June 2nd
Flipominos - June 6th
Crush Your Enemies - June 9th
AlphaPit - June 9th
Dawnbringer - June 16th
Never Alone: Ki Edition - June 23rd
Perchang - June 23rd
Hyperburner
Heroes of Loot 2
A Trail
Elise: Unpainted Memories

Cannot imagine Life is Strange GO at all.
On the flip side, I can't imagine a Just Cause GO. At least Life Is Strange is an adventure game, and could translate to puzzle elements, and the turn-based movement could work well with the time rewind mechanic

Just Cause as a turn-based puzzler? I can't see it

But Deus Ex GO was my GO holy grail, so glad to see that is likely in development. It was either that or Thief GO as the mobile adaptation I wanted most

awp69

Still not sure about Life is Stange either because so much of that game is social (in-game) interaction as well.

A lot of Just Cause could be approached from a stealth aspect. Maybe give some options for moves using various gadgets?

Lara Croft GO was revealed at E3 last year (and then came out two months later), so I'd say it's very likely one or all of those will be revealed this month at E3 2016
Still not sure about Life is Stange either because so much of that game is social (in-game) interaction as well.

A lot of Just Cause could be approached from a stealth aspect. Maybe give some options for moves using various gadgets?
Grapple hook could translate nicely to a puzzle format, but that game is so focused on big action and crazy vehicular stunts. I can't imagine it in puzzle form

As for Life Is Strange, there are a lot of action-y/set piece moments in the game, or situations that combine using items and rewinding time, that I could see working in the GO format. Time rewinding alone would change up the formula significantly; imagine how outmaneuvering guards would be in Hitman GO if you rewind guard positions while you hold onto the items that distracted them or you stayed in the same position

Ambitious

What's Inside the Box?
It's alright. I like this kind of game. But having to watch ads in order to use hints sucks. I would have rather payed for the game. And it doesn't support iOS multitasking, which has got to be a joke.

Hexcells
Bought and completed it yesterday evening. Really neat. Just bought the two sequels as well.

I would recommend Blue Toad Mystery Files, Detective Grimoire, Her Story and The Trace.

Beat me to it. I'd say Her Story is the best out of all of them (although I'd say recommend playing on PC for the full atmosphere)

It's the simplest,so much so that some might not even consider it a game, but secretly, it's probably the game that makes you feel the most like a detective. No handholding, no digital notes and charts reminding you about clues or what was a lie, no extraneous aspects. It's just you, your mind, and the video clips. It's up to you to figure out what happened, and think of keywords, and dissect the information in the videos to piece together.

Yeah, Her Story is incredible. Played it on my iPad a few months ago.
Thanks, I'll check out the other games.

I remember looking at screenshots of Detective Grimoire a long time ago, but I can't remember why I didn't buy it. Don't like the art style, but I might give it a try.
BTMF however, kind of looks terrible. But it's just €3, so.. maybe.
In terms of graphics, The Trace doesn't look too hot either, but from what I can see in screenshots, the gameplay seems to be right up my alley, so I'm definitely going try it.

What's Inside the Box?
It's alright. I like this kind of game. But having to watch ads in order to use hints sucks. I would have rather payed for the game. And it doesn't support iOS multitasking, which has got to be a joke.
There's a $1.99 IAP to support the dev, remove ads, and unlock a skip level option

I expect a Deus Ex GO at E3 like Badass said. Would make sense with Mankind Divided coming in August, and square does like to make tie-ins for their games.

killercow

This week has to be the most packed week in a long time. The whole month is crazy

Star Nomad 2 - June 1st
Lost Frontier - June 2nd
Sky Force Reloaded - June 2nd
Dig Deep - June 2nd
Rok - June 2nd
Pixel Cup Soccer 16 - June 2nd
Flipominos - June 6th
Crush Your Enemies - June 9th
AlphaPit - June 9th
Dawnbringer - June 16th
Never Alone: Ki Edition - June 23rd
Perchang - June 23rd
Hyperburner
Heroes of Loot 2
A Trail
Elise: Unpainted Memories

There's at least one, possibly two more games that could be added to this week's list ;) More on at least one tomorrow! (Warning: not for everyone)

Top Bottom