• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming May 2016 | April jests bring Titan Quests

Pachimari

Man it sucks that I have to pay full price for Final Fantasy Tactics and The World Ends With You again for iPad, even though I own them for iPhone. Stupid Square Enix and their lack of universal support.

okno

Worth how much to you? I paid £2.99

Yes, it's by far the best racing game on iOS. for me it's up there with RalliSport Challenge as one of the greatest rally games.

Obviously the recent, console-only Dirt Rally beats it graphically but for fun I think RR2 actually comes out on top.

I snagged it when it was free. I would pay for it, though.

awp69

Anyone else try Galaxy Reavers? Pretty fun space combat RTS. Has the usual F2P aspects like timers to repair ships, but it doesn't seem too bad so far. Other than the Engrish, I'm impressed so far.

Double D

Grabbed Momoka on sale and really enjoying it. I've got a problem though. I can't find the guy I need to go to to cash in the frozen stars. I ran into him a while ago but can't for the life of me remember where he was. Help please!

awp69

Grabbed Momoka on sale and really enjoying it. I've got a problem though. I can't find the guy I need to go to to cash in the frozen stars. I ran into him a while ago but can't for the life of me remember where he was. Help please!

Wish I could help. Got that a long time ago and regretfully stopped playing to play other stuff ... Now I'm totally lost.

Probably need to start all over again. One thing frustrating about the game is a general lack of knowing where to go some times. It's a good game though.

-----

Picked up Rush Rally 2 and it is fantastic. Actually, should say I got it on my Shield Tablet for controller support (which they're fixing a bug on currently).

But man, amazing that it's less than 75 MB, looks beautiful with weather and lighting effects and runs at a full 60 FPS on my Shield. Absolutely incredible that one man made this game.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Edt: removed comment after being corrected by More_Badass. Thank you kind sir! That's what I get for GAFfing while sleep deprived ;)

Just FYI.... I've seen this a few times in this thread. The game is pay what you want. If you like if there is a screen to give the developer some money. You should do that if you enjoy it. Great little game worthy of $$$$
You're talking about Mekorama. He's talking about Momoka

Travis_Brickley

Neo Member
Looks like Hero Emblems is on sale for $0.99, down from $3.99.

Not sure when that happened but I'm very glad I checked my Wish List today. I've been waiting to pick it up for a while.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
After playing nonstop again, I have to ask if anyone here really likes Just Get 10? There's something so simultaneously relaxing and strategic about it, even though I've never gotten 11. It just seems like such a beautifully designed game, I see it like a less stressful cousin to Threes.

awp69

So what are the big releases this week? Saw Hatoful Boyfriend, which was a surprise but not really sure if it's something I'd enjoy.

Have to leave in a minute but there are a lot of games on sale - the Dragon Quest series, Sproggiwood, Surgeon Simulator, Mimpi Dreams, I Am Bread, etc. ... as well as Hero Emblems and Halo Spartan Strike already mentioned. Have a feeling it'll grow as part of maybe an Apple sponsored Memorial Day sale.

So what are the big releases this week? Saw Hatoful Boyfriend, which was a surprise but not really sure if it's something I'd enjoy.

Have to leave in a minute but there are a lot of games on sale - the Dragon Quest series, Sproggiwood, Surgeon Simulator, Mimpi Dreams, I Am Bread, etc. ... as well as Hero Emblems and Halo Spartan Strike already mentioned. Have a feeling it'll grow as part of maybe an Apple sponsored Memorial Day sale.

Romancing SaGa 2 hits tomorrow.

If I had to pick one of Desktop Dungeons or Sproggiwood for my rogue-like fix, which one should I get?

Romancing SaGa 2 hits tomorrow.

If I had to pick one of Desktop Dungeons or Sproggiwood for my rogue-like fix, which one should I get?
Desktop Dungeons is more of puzzler than roguelike, it's about numbers and levels, and strategically planning each movement and pick-up.

Sproggiwood is charming and simple, but with enough depth to be challenging

Anyone pickup hatoful yet? Does it look like shit on iPad? After always sometimes monsters by devolved on iOS, I'm not blindly buying their games again. Beat hatoful twice but would love to support good ports on iOS and replay it now and then.

awp69

Anyone playing Warp Shift (the new puzzler by the Galaxy on Fire 2 devs)? Looks cool but thought I'd see if anyone has impressions.

Edit: Just read through the PG review and sounds up my alley. What is up with Harry Slater's reviews having these comparison things? The games he's done it for so far don't really even have much in common.

Heel

Dwelp is free right now. Seems pretty solid so far.

screen480x480.jpeg

I have three games on my wishlist: Goo Saga, Shadow Bug and Pugs Adventure. Cant decide. Either one of those of Unravel for PS4
Unravel doesn't reinvent the wheel or really do anything new, but it's gorgeous, charming, and just complex enough to be a fun challenge without being too hard

Matt Frost

Unravel doesn't reinvent the wheel or really do anything new, but it's gorgeous, charming, and just complex enough to be a fun challenge without being too hard

I read so many reviews saying it was tough and unforgiving that I skipped it until I played the demo and loved it. Now I need something for when my friends aren't online to play Overwatch and while I wait for the new Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. Probably Unravel will fit that gap.

Top Bottom