• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming November 2016 | Apple unbinds Isaac

awp69

I hope BOI comes out this week. Don't want to get too political but Trump scares the living shit out of me and it's not looking good for Clinton.

I may need new games to pick me up!

I hope BOI comes out this week. Don't want to get too political but Trump scares the living shit out of me and it's not looking good for Clinton.

I may need new games to pick me up!
BoI might be the only thing that will give me some happiness this week if Trump wins.

awp69

BoI might be the only thing that will give me some happiness this week if Trump wins.

Sadly, it looks like he will. I need to hole myself up in a room with my mobile devices and a stash of survival supplies for the next four years. And hope I come out to a brighter future without Trump in it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i am devestated

took the day off from work

going to stay in bed all day and play an rpg on myiphone.... maybe FF7

heringer

Mercenaries Saga 2 is really good. After having some trouble with the controls, I adjusted and now I can appreciate the game itself. It's the closest to FFT and Fire Emblem you can get on iOS right now. For $2.99 it's a steal.

awp69

Even if it isn't BOI, I hope there's some big surprise tonight. I need it.

Honestly wish I could call off work but things are a mess there too.

NeoRaider

One slightly off topic question:

Is there any online site/store where i can buy App Store/iTunes Gift Cards (US) for cheaper than amount on the card?

Thanks.

awp69

Is there any online site/store where i can buy App Store/iTunes Gift Cards (US) for cheaper than amount on the card?

Thanks.

Raise.com usually has them but the discount is usually very minimal.

Other than that you just have to watch for occasional sales at places like Best Buy or Target.

Voidance

Thanks.
Paypal will occasionally sell them at a discount as well. With the holidays around the corner, I'd expect a sale soon.

NeoRaider

Paypal will occasionally sell them at a discount as well. With the holidays around the corner, I'd expect a sale soon.

Wait, PayPal is selling iTunes Gift Cards on their site? Since when? Link?

I guess i should wait Black Friday then. It can be problem on other sites since i am not in the US. But on PayPal i guess you only need PP account to be able to buy them, right?

awp69

Party Hard Go:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/party-hard-go/id1136744871

===

According to this review of the Torchlight Mobile beta, it won't have a timer/energy meter
http://2p.com/45457613_1/Torchlight-Mobile---A-more-in-depth-look-by-FifthSin.htm

Nice on the no timer/energy system in Torchlight.

Party Hard has been on Android for a while. Didn't seem like something I'd be into.

Still hoping for an 11 p.m. surprise (and NOT the kind of surprise we got in the US last night), like BOI or Steamworld Heist.

----

Heist is out!!!!

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=1093396572&mt=8

Voidance

Party Hard has been on Android for a while. Didn't seem like something I'd be into.

Still hoping for an 11 p.m. surprise (and NOT the kind of surprise we got in the US last night), like BOI or Steamworld Heist.
BoI or SteamWorld would be great, but I expect disappointment.

----

Heist is out!!!!

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=1093396572&mt=8

Here, something else for your wallet and dwindling space on your device:

ROME: Total War by Feral Interactive Ltd
https://appsto.re/us/oKo-bb.i

W E W.

Also any idea when VA11HALL-A is happening? I need that shit on portable. Vita or iPad asap.

Very interested in this, but I need some iPad Mini 2 impressions before I jump on it, both for how it controls on a smaller screen and how it performs.

Seems like it would be a great fit as long as it plays and runs well enough.
Controls well so far on Mini 2, and seems to have a solid framerate, but it drains battery fast

----

Heist is out!!!!

Bought!!

Sorry for all the BoI spam but it looks like BoI is very close. Tyrone is now asking for specific devices:

https://mobile.twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/796544755240960000

Sounds like their doing some last minute polishing.

PittaGAF

I just want to repeat that SteamWorld Heist is an absolute must now that it's finally out.

If you don't trust people who were lucky enough to test it last month, just look at Steam reviews.

Great game, tons of fun, triple A polish, made to be on a touch screen and perfect for both bite size playing or 4 hours straight game sessions.
Probably my GOTY this year.

Chapter 3 is amazing, with many surprises (something not that common, generally games shoot their best bullets at the start, not at the end).

Highly recommended.

EDIT: you can immediately see its a gorgeous game, but I want give special mention to the musics, with lyrics, vocals and all in the bar stations.

GLORIOUS.

awp69

I just want to repeat that SteamWorld Heist is an absolute must now that it's finally out.

If you don't trust people who were lucky enough to test it last month, just look at Steam reviews.

Great game, tons of fun, triple A polish, made to be on a touch screen and perfect for both bite size playing or 4 hours straight game sessions.
Probably my GOTY this year.

Chapter 3 is amazing, with many surprises (something not that common, generally games shoot their best bullets at the start, not at the end).

Highly recommended.

EDIT: you can immediately see its a gorgeous game, but I want give special mention to the musics, with lyrics, vocals and all in the bar stations.

GLORIOUS.

It wouldn't be a complete Pitta recommendation without the word GLORIOUS.

PittaGAF

Last months have been TERRIFIC for my tastes with all the various releases. (And my to buy list is getting longer and longer).

I can't say anything about my wallet, because games on iOS are still pocket change and some offers incredible amounts of fun for their value.

And I was just alerted about not 1, not 2 but 3 INCREDIBLE (for me anyway) games coming next year which I can't talk about (1 in particular is all my dreams coming true but I signed a NDA with the blood of my first born, so don't ask).

iOS gaming is fantastic and now it's a mature and for certain genres even the leading platform imho.

I started seeing not only creative and brilliant and original games, expecially from indies, but now AAA polish too, and all the bells and whistles you would expect from other platforms.

I feel like in the Commodore 64 times.

If they told me 10 years ago I would have these kind of experiences in my pocket I wouldn't believe them.

And this thread has always been at the frontier, helping me to discover so many gems....so thanks!!!

Last months have been TERRIFIC for my tastes with all the various releases. (And my to buy list is getting longer and longer).

I can't say anything about my wallet, because games on iOS are still pocket change and some offers incredible amounts of fun for their value.

And I was just alerted about not 1, not 2 but 3 INCREDIBLE (for me anyway) games coming next year which I can't talk about (1 in particular is all my dreams coming true but I signed a NDA with the blood of my first born, so don't ask).

iOS gaming is fantastic and now it's a mature and for certain genres even the leading platform imho.

I started seeing not only creative and brilliant and original games, expecially from indies, but now AAA polish too, and all the bells and whistles you would expect from other platforms.

I feel like in the Commodore 64 times.

If they told me 10 years ago I would have these kind of experiences in my pocket I wouldn't believe them.

And this thread has always been at the frontier, helping me to discover so many gems....so thanks!!!

GLORIOUS

But yea I agree. I legit do not need my PS4, Xbox, or Steam account and could happily do with my iPad, Vita nad 3DS for everything. Love portable gaming.

Voidance

I agree wholeheartedly, Pitta. It's a great time for iOS gamers and each year looks to get better and better. I'm really interested in the game you can't talk about since we have similar tastes. Please share when you're able to!

On another note, has I&F mentioned when/if SteamWorld will get iCloud saves?

killercow

I agree wholeheartedly, Pitta. It's a great time for iOS gamers and each year looks to get better and better. I'm really interested in the game you can't talk about since we have similar tastes. Please share when you're able to!

It wasn't a priority when I asked and I doubt it'll be implemented soon.

PittaGAF

The game doesn't support iCloud at the moment and when I asked it wasn't planned, at least in the immediate.
That's why I choose to play it on iPhone, to have it always with me.

I've never been so much time at the bathroom at work like lately.

Top Bottom