• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IPLAYWINNER presents NorCal Knock-Outs - KOFXIII & UMVC3 Invitational Tournament

Dahbomb

How can people root AGAINST Chris?.
People just hate lame play/zoning no matter the character that is being played.

Que Morrigan hate.

Shit is stupid hype.
That matches earlier were insane. Now it's more solid play which Marvel definitely needed as of late. Lots of sloppy play going around and am loving more tournaments opting 3/5 for Marvel.

Azure J

Dacid wanted that Dark Angel swag finish so bad, but that one missile turned things around in the most hilarious way. :lol

Dahbomb

*SEES RANDOM DARK ANGEL*

wtf_is_this_shit.jpg

DacidBro deserves to lose for it. Fuck that scrubby shit.

X-Ray back to playing Amaterasu = All is right in the world

Another random LVL3? JUST DO IT??

Gotta say though, I still don't like them always playing on the ol' boring training stage they pick for all the fights in tournaments. I mean, I get why because it's the least distracting, but it's dull from a spectator POV, and just seems at odds with the chaos from the fighters.

Dahbomb

Sentinel does NOT give a fuck about 9-1 match ups. Just walk up command grab like a boss.

And spam HSF from full screen.

Three things...

-Fuck Spencer and his retarded damage+cable
-Sentinel must be the most used mid tier character in Mahvel 3
-Chris is legit in his keepaway

Good shit to GC Yoshi regardless. Four out of seven matches may be the sweet spot.

Dahbomb

GCYoshi with that outstanding performance and win. Outplayed his opponents and out read them... easily the best Chris in the world. Finally some top level Chris play getting respect and wins, this character is no joke.

The story of the tournament is that Amaterasu is still a fucking scary character (although I already knew that, now we have more solid proof from someone who isn't Clockwork/MarlinPie). X-Ray got SSSOOO many runbacks with that character it was insane. I actually felt at times GCYoshi should've snapped her in given that Spencer and Sentinel don't have great match ups against her. X-Ray as always bringing the tech and a flashback of the EVO moment.

Jill anchor is also the stuff of nightmares and if she could combo off her air throw she would be a godly anchor.

Infinite

GCYoshi with that outstanding performance and win. Outplayed his opponents and out read them... easily the best Chris in the world. Finally some top level Chris play getting respect and wins, this character is no joke.

The story of the tournament is that Amaterasu is still a fucking scary character (although I already knew that, now we have more solid proof from someone who isn't Clockwork/MarlinPie). X-Ray got SSSOOO many runbacks with that character it was insane. I actually felt at times GCYoshi should've snapped her in given that Spencer and Sentinel don't have great match ups against her. X-Ray as always bringing the tech and a flashback of the EVO moment.

Jill anchor is also the stuff of nightmares and if she could combo off her air throw she would be a godly anchor.

I actually just decided to pick this character up and I found that even though her mix ups are on point and very scary she's just better as a point character. For one thing I don't find her assist too appealing, she can't combo off her air throw as you mentioned, she's a character that needs assists I feel and she can get lamed out versus some characters. Wind Zero is surprising a lot of people who aren't used to her shenanigans.

Dahbomb

Ridiculous amount of viewers for such middling level of play.
The hell you talking about? That was solid as hell play. Yeah there were some drops here and there like all tournaments but overall it was way more solid than the more recent Marvel tournaments (Norcal, Texas and PowerUp).

what happened to honzo?
He fucked up a Doom hyper/THC which cost him the match against X-Ray's Magneto in Loser Finals. He then made some motions like he was pulling his hair out.

I actually just decided to pick this character up and I found that even though her mix ups are on point and very scary she's just better as a point character.
Oh she is WAY better as a point character and that's where you should be playing her. It's just that anchor Jill is something new yet somewhat effective and in a tournament setting can catch a lot of people off guard. You definitely need those throw follow up assist extenders and get in/beam assists for Jill to really play at her potential as well as being able to control Mad Beast.

K.Sabot

The hell you talking about? That was solid as hell play. Yeah there were some drops here and there like all tournaments but overall it was way more solid than the more recent Marvel tournaments (Norcal, Texas and PowerUp).

Aw hell naw. If you were to put the top 3 of NCR and PowerUp against the top 3 of Norcal Knock-Outs... I'm sorry to say, but they would get bodied hard straight up.

Put them against Mihe and and it would be a joke.

Infinite

Oh she is WAY better as a point character and that's where you should be playing her. It's just that anchor Jill is something new yet somewhat effective and in a tournament setting can catch a lot of people off guard. You definitely need those throw follow up assist extenders and get in/beam assists for Jill to really play at her potential as well as being able to control Mad Beast.

I was gonna try Jill Trish Wesk. I like the THC synergy between jill and trish when i have two meters and I can go for unblockables with wesk assist. I feel she needs an otg assist so wesker seemed like the best pick and he's just good in the anchor spot. Trish fireball assist helps her approach. Does trish has any extended flight mode combos? I feel like imma use TAC a lot with jill

LOL this was a pretty good tourney demonstrating a pretty good level of play. I was really impress with honzo gonzo. seemed like he leveled.

We mean overall. Look like a lot of newer/lesser known players have been leveling there shit up compared to the all stars.

Fchamp, Chris G, GCYoshi and several others are hungry for blood and Yipes has that drive back from the looks of it to dominate again.

Dahbomb

Aw hell naw. If you were to put the top 3 of NCR and PowerUp against the top 3 of Norcal Knock-Outs... I'm sorry to say, but they would get bodied hard straight up.

Put them against Mihe and and it would be a joke.
You are talking about just the players, not the actual level of play. At NCR the only 2 players who played solid or even approaching high level were FChamp and Knives. FChamp plays these guys regularly and last time GCYoshi fought him FChamp had a really hard time against him. X-Ray is a top 8 EVO finalist as well, he is no slouch at this game at all.

Also Pedro was top 4 at NCR yet he got like last place here. His team is built more for the 2/3 format than the 3/5 format. ChrisG also got bodied at NorCal by HiIamNasty and Pedro because Norcal is more equipped to handle his team. Dieminion and Andre would get beat by these players or at least it would be a close match.

Basically this top 8 level of play >>> top 8 at the last 3 UMVC3 majors. You simply aren't giving GCYoshi enough credit for his play, he was operating on some truly high level yomi. These new players are stepping up their game.

Chavelo

So like for Pain's - NorCal Knock-Outs Bio, what song/beat is that? It's smooth.

Stanza - Regal Club

On that note - You know what I had to do, Haunts? I had to get my phone, download Soundhound, and then use the app to find the name of the song. Y U NO POST SONGLIST. :(

:D

Top Bottom