• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iran to ban US citizens in response to Trump's immigration order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

weekev

Banned
my country, sweden, has always been welcoming to people from oppressive regimes and i wouldn't want that to change

I agree, at times like these we should be offering a place of solitude from the horrors of dictarship and pverty. Dont worry Americans, you are all welcome in Scotland (not all at once we are just a wee country).

Boylamite

My bad. I was using white as shorthand for "typical white american ignorance". I realize I should be more clear and will in the future.

Because being a bunch of ignorant aggressive assholes is surely a good way to NOT radicalize vulnerable Muslims into hating the US, right? Right? RIGHT?

JS3DX

Ok. I'm angry about this, but he won't be president forever.

...he just need to be President long enough to cause long-term damage.

As it's been said repeated times, just look at Venezuela: I'm was born there, and 1998 was the beggining of the first (and surely "only" we all said!) term of that president. At that time, we had Cuba as an urban legend to us ("everything will be cuban-like soon enough!") but nobody believed it would get that far.

Now we are at 2017, the country is run by an incompetent succesor to the original evil, things are ways worse than ANYONE could have ever imagined, and nobody can see the end to it yet. I left the country a year ago after realizing it would be DECADES before anything barely "normal" could be possible again.

I REALLY wish all of you better luck than the one that southern country had.

Oh no, we can't go to Iran! The country I always wanted to go to!

Yes, exactly! Let's not see one of the oldest, culture and history rich civilizations in the world! And let's make sure immigrants from there can't go back either, that'll show em.

The world gets dumber.

Mesousa

Banned
I mean if you are gonna be racist just straight up say they are a subhuman race instead of pussyfooting around the issue.

Because not being white automatically means they are subhuman to you right?

Lets get real. If Iranians were considered white their nation wouldnt be on the banned list by Trump. This is a fact.No amount of new definitions, or complaining(Like many persians felt the need to do about their messenger in 300 being portrayed by an African) will change this fact.

weekev

Banned
Because not being white automatically means they are subhuman to you right?

Lets get real. If Iranians were considered white their nation wouldnt be on the banned list by Trump. This is a fact.No amount of new definitions, or complaining(Like many persians felt the need to do about their messenger in 300 being portrayed by an African) will change this fact.

Race has very little to do with it. Its religion. In a country of primarily black people if the main religion was Sikh or Christian they wouldn't be on the banned list. There is a difference between racism and religious discrimination or bigotry.

I sense you may be back peddling to make yourself not look like a racist if I'm honest.

Mesousa

Banned
Race has very little to do with it. Its religion. In a country of primarily black people if the main religion was Sikh or Christian they wouldn't be on the banned list. There is a difference between racism and religious discrimination or bigotry.

I sense you may be back peddling to make yourself not look like a racist if I'm honest.

Race has everything to do with it. Why isnt Turkey banned?

One is a travel ban. The other is innocent people dying in brutal ways. The travel ban will go eventually, those people can't be brought back to life.

I'm saying people seem to turn a blind eye all to much to some of those countries. People seem all too complacent to just say "oh well, that's the way they are".

Well right now thanks to Trump's EO those Iranians you are so concerned about can't escape to oh let's say glorious America to save themselves if they were in danger of being stoned.

So who is turning a blind eye now hmmm?

Well if we take away all of Russia's sanctions what are we supposed to do with them? Can't just leave em laying around. We should put them on ourself.

Mesousa

Banned
Since when has trump said bad things about Turkey. Why isn't Saudi arabia banned?

I don't remember him saying bad things about the Sudan either. Especially when you consider the vast majority of refugees coming in from that place are black Christians.

Good. More countries need to give a middle finger get to the US to let them and other countries know that this behavior is unacceptable.

Macam

Banned
Ok. I'm angry about this, but he won't be president forever.

That's pretty callous. Plenty of people have elderly and/or sick grandparents, relatives, parents, etc. that, frankly, may not ben around in four years (or, god forbid, eight). You should be livid and, if you're not, I'd kindly ask you to think about what it would be like to be banned from visiting a terminally loved one because of this nonsense.

I know plenty of Iranian-Americans who are nothing but the nicest people, and have close family they'll now be likely prevented from seeing or needlessly harassed and threatened if they try to return home after visiting.

Not. Acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom