• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iran to ban US citizens in response to Trump's immigration order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all so depressing.

My girlfriend and I were discussing an out of country vacation prior to Trump winning the election and I told her many times I wouldn't feel comfortable traveling anywhere if he won.

Here we are a few months later and I don't even blame Iran one bit and I actually hope other countries follow through on this. Make America Great Again, by making this country look nothing but weak and selfish. This moron is bringing this all upon himself. Scum.

some of yall ITT need Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Zeus, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster cause you need some moral correction in ya lives. Acting like disgusting human beings

Morality is the crux of this planet's problems.

If we taught philosophy of ethics in elementary schools (along with critical thinking) we wouldn't be so fucked.

every country should follow suite.
Im swedish and I will not be spending my money in the US until trump is out of the presidency and things are back to normal

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
People saying "who'd want to go there anyway" are really fucking me off big time.

It's a beautiful country with thousands of years of history. The architecture is amazing. The people are extremely welcoming.

And the person who said it was because it's dangerous, how would you describe America? Because from the outside it doesn't look all that safe to me. Like, at all.

Maybe I should be like lol, why would I want to go to America anyway (I have dual British/Persian citizenship).

EBreda

The only thing I can see this bringing is a whole lot more anger towards the US and with it newborn terrorists who just can't wait to blow even more American shit up.

So good job Trump I guess ?

The only thing I can see this bringing is a whole lot more anger towards the US and with it newborn terrorists who just can't wait to blow even more American shit up.

So good job Trump I guess ?

Oh he'd love to be president during a big scale attack on the US. His ego would probably burst signing all those war declarations.

"He just says stuff to get elected," they said.

"He won't really do all the crazy stuff he said he would," they said.

And they believed it too. Trump was already surrounding him with the worst people during the election. If you actually believed that it wouldn't get this bad you're extremely naive. I don't know in what kind of fairytale world you live if you think this will have a good ending.

this is the only reasonable reaction to something as unreasonable as trump's ban. hope more countries follow. i also hope europe shows some backbone (lol no) and denies all american visitors entry to europe until trump goes back on this shitty ban

Dizzy

Banned
While I think this ban is a dumb idea, I can't believe all the hate is on America/Trump is this.

What I mean is that everyone's so concerned with America doing the right thing and being morally right here....when nobody ever seems to make that much of an effort when it comes to the absolute awful shit that Iran pulls.

If only people made as much noise about women being stoned to death for no reason in Iran as they did about a ban on Iranian travel. While America is certainly no moral authority right now, it still has a fucking hell of a long way to go before it's as bad as Iran.

US should be banned from the Olympics, other countries should boycott miss universe.

It would be justified, since the ban affects Mo Farah, a Somali-born British national and multiple gold medal winner, who trains in America.
I'm sure he smuggles bombs inside those tight running shorts.

UK should ban any USA visitors from red states. Just until we 'figure out what's going on'. I know there are some nice Texans, but how can we tell the fascists and clansmen from the 'good ones'.

While I think this ban is a dumb idea, I can't believe all the hate is on America/Trump is this.

What I mean is that everyone's so concerned with America doing the right thing and being morally right here....when nobody ever seems to make that much of an effort when it comes to the absolute awful shit that Iran pulls.

If only people made as much noise about women being stoned to death for no reason in Iran as they did about a ban on Iranian travel. While America is certainly no moral authority right now, it still has a fucking hell of a long way to go before it's as bad as Iran.

you are pulling the USA, the leader of the free world, that has shaped the world order after the second world war to the same level as Iran?

Two wrongs don't make a right. America fucked up here, that is the discussion. That other countries do terrible things has no impact on the situation.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Such a great negotiator. But that could only affect a couple of american citizens right? Why would the fucking president care about them? They probably didn't even attend his inauguration

Dizzy

Banned
you are pulling the USA, the leader of the free world, that has shaped the world order after the second world war to the same level as Iran?

One is a travel ban. The other is innocent people dying in brutal ways. The travel ban will go eventually, those people can't be brought back to life.

I'm saying people seem to turn a blind eye all to much to some of those countries. People seem all too complacent to just say "oh well, that's the way they are".

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
One is a travel ban. The other is innocent people dying in brutal ways. The travel ban will go eventually, those people can't be brought back to life.

I'm saying people seem to turn a blind eye all to much to some of those countries. People seem all too complacent to just say "oh well, that's the way they are".

No one is turning a blind eye to any of that, but it's a completely separate issue and totally off topic. I don't understand why you're trying to excuse America's sad excuse of diplomacy by bringing up an issue that's not related at all to the topic at hand.

The countries on the list have all been targets of US regime change. Most of them have been targets of US carnage, terror and widespread destruction. They've also had to deal with the instability and destruction from the resulting instability in the afermath. So US bomb their countries (and they still are bombing them) and as they flee their destruction and the instability caused by it they tell them they can't come over. Frankly speaking I don't think people from these countries give a flying shit about where US is on the scale of moral authority (at the very bottom) when the nation and its regime change enthusiaists have killed people in hundreds of thousans direclty/indirectly.

People saying "who'd want to go there anyway" are really fucking me off big time.

It's a beautiful country with thousands of years of history. The architecture is amazing. The people are extremely welcoming.

And the person who said it was because it's dangerous, how would you describe America? Because from the outside it doesn't look all that safe to me. Like, at all.

Maybe I should be like lol, why would I want to go to America anyway (I have dual British/Persian citizenship).

I've wanted to visit Iran for a long time. One of my best friends growing up is Iranian American. And my best friend in college and a groomsman at my wedding is Iranian American as well. I hope that one day there is a string of good, decent leaders in the US so that I can visit and not get put on a terrorist watch list by my own country.

Boylamite

i think this is all a shitshow, and this isn't even remotely the point, but i feel like the majority of Americans couldn't care less about not being able to go to Iran
What a white thing to say. You realize that there are American citizens with Iranian heritage? Who have family there? There's already an example of this before your post.

Oh no, we can't go to Iran! The country I always wanted to go to!
Oh no, you're a dipshit! Grow the fuck up and maybe realise more people than you exist in your country, maybe they want to go to Iran to get a sense of the rich history of the country or maybe they are Iranian and want to go home and visit family and friends.

Oh well, wasn't going there anyway

Yeah. So fuck it right. If it's not part of my life. Fuck it. I mean, who cares about people who actually have family there who are from this country? Right?

Holy fuck the posts in this thread are disgusting and self centered.

Voyr

Banned
ufx557G.png

Ok. I'm angry about this, but he won't be president forever.

What a white thing to say. You realize that there are American citizens with Iranian heritage? Who have family there? There's already an example of this before your post.

Majority of citizens, not any citizens.

Obviously some US citizens wanna go to Iran, including, but not limited to, temporarily. One would however imagine that (at least proportionally) more Iranian citizens would be interested in visiting and optionally emigrating to US than the other way around, since US is a way richer state overall and people are like that.

This move would be way less of a hindrance to US overall than the cause is to Iran. It may even end up itself being more of a hindrance to Iran than to US depending on how will things work out. No one with a head on their shoulders will contest that it will be a problem for some US citizen individuals, but democracy has a natural tendency to filter individuals' problems out.

Con_Smith

Banned

Innocent people dying in brutal ways you say? America is above that I guess.

Boylamite

my trip to iran is ruined!
The reason the US is in this mess in the first place - the immediate thought is "how does this affect me personally" and that's as far as you go. Disgusting. There's a reason I have to wear a Canadian flag on my backpack when I travel. It's because of people like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom