• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iraqi-American Sells House, Deposits Check at Bank, Gets Arrested

Slayven

Just saying... Not everything that happens to non white people in America is about racism. The fact that it's being presented as such is an indication, at least in my mind, that y'all need to let go of your baggage and move on.
That goes to all Americans.

What the hell?

The old "get over it" huh?

Just saying... Not everything that happens to non white people in America is about racism. The fact that it's being presented as such is an indication, at least in my mind, that y'all need to let go of your baggage and move on.
Are you dense? Care to explain what you think the root cause was here? Are you American and if so what state are you from? What race are you?

Sounds like you need to get over racism instead. And by that I mean actually trying to understand it, rather than hide.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

This is liking saying that ignoring and stepping over a shot cashier as you enter/exit a store means that you're above violent crime.

It seems like racism might occupy a part of your mind that your afraid to deal with so you dismiss it out of fear of having to actually confront some hard truths about yourself. . Maybe you need to get over your baggage and move on.

VeeP

It's really hard to move on from it, until people realize it's a problem. How do you fix a problem if you don't realize there is one? Answer: You can't.

If people realized racism is a problem, sexism is a problem, etc. we could work towards a solution.

Top Bottom