• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iron Fall [VD-dev new game, 3DS eshop]

A few new details and some we already knew:

- mini-games and other elements will be included
- take cover in several ways
- action will sometimes take place on both screens
- story is set in the near future
- trouble comes from outer-space
- multiple control schemes, including touch screen and CPP support
- several months were needed to put together the team's “Big Bang Engine”
- development began two years ago
- two staffers have been working on the game for some time
- a third, Watch_Dogs technical lead Frederic Zimmer, joined recently
- set for Spring 2014 launch
- trailer due out this month

http://nintendoeverything.com/vd-dev-shares-first-details-for-its-gears-of-war-styled-3ds-shooter-ironfall/#more-139283

*credit to the site you GO to for Nintendo info for organizing the info

Yanikun

Banned
A few new details and some we already knew:

- mini-games and other elements will be included
- take cover in several ways
- action will sometimes take place on both screens
- story is set in the near future
- trouble comes from outer-space
- multiple control schemes, including touch screen and CPP support
- several months were needed to put together the team's “Big Bang Engine”
- development began two years ago
- two staffers have been working on the game for some time
- a third, Watch_Dogs technical lead Frederic Zimmer, joined recently
- set for Spring 2014 launch
- trailer due out this month

http://nintendoeverything.com/vd-dev-shares-first-details-for-its-gears-of-war-styled-3ds-shooter-ironfall/#more-139283

*credit to the site you GO to for Nintendo info for organizing the info

antoniobanderas.gif

So spring 2014 then. So far away, but on the other hand I like that it will give them some time to hopefully build hype for it. It's also good in that it means Zimmer will be rather heavily involved, considering the amount of development time left.

Powerwing

New interview:
http://nintendoeverything.com/inter...treetpass-support-tech-details-and-lots-more/

The engine used in Iron Fall is called the ‘Big Bang Engine’. Its an engine we have programmed from scratch and is optimized for the Nintendo 3DS. It took us several months to write (days and nights), and is written fully in assembly code, using all the ARM optimizations we know.We also have written our own graphics driver for communication with the 3DS GPU to get the best of the handled graphics processor (well at least we hope) . The engine has many features, more on this will be shown on a video available on the 28 October

Awesomeness !

Powerwing

I was commenting the technical achievement.As we don't have a demo or gameplay video.
I agree that when it comes to games, gameplay and fun is the most important(for me)

Shouldn't the trailer been released today?

Yeah I just remembered this. VERY telling, they may have meant the WEEK of the 28th.

Know what else is pretty much scheduled for this week? Shin'en's Wii U game.

More and more, it looks like information will be delivered, DIRECTLY, to us.

Yanikun

Banned
Shouldn't the trailer been released today?

I've been reloading Gaf, vd-dev.com, iron-fall.com and Nintendo Everything constantly all day long, and still nada. Those guys are in France, it's 10:30pm here right now, so either they're working really late, or it's not gonna be today after all :(

Yeah I just remembered this. VERY telling, they may have meant the WEEK of the 28th.

Their words were clear:
The engine has many features, more on this will be shown on a video available on the 28 October.

Celine

Wish they would have at least put out a statement giving us a bit of an explanation or clearing up the confusion.

o7qRhyt.jpg

For those who a curious when the trailer will be shown, the devs said on twitter that they will release it on sunday. you can view it on youtube or download the 60 fps version from their homepage. :)

Yanikun

Banned
Gotta love those guys. How many devs bother to make a 60 fps video available for download instead of just dumping the footage on YouTube?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm pretty pumped to see the first Iron Fall trailer. Hopefully, it won't deliver just graphics-wise :)

Hale-XF11

Super duper excited for the video. Gonna be interesting to see just how much these guys have matured as developers.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
/waits patiently for the trailer

Sendou

Me too. The week is almost over. Starting to believe there'll be a Direct very soon, and both VD and Shin'en were asked to reveal their games there...

I hope that is the case. A Direct is a decent amount of exposure for indie titles.

Yanikun

Banned
Me too. The week is almost over. Starting to believe there'll be a Direct very soon, and both VD and Shin'en were asked to reveal their games there...

VD-dev already said they will release the video on YouTube tomorrow as well as a 60fps version of it for download on their website. It ain't gun' be no Ninty Direct, sorry.

wsippel

Banned
Soon, soon we will all see Iron Fall.
runningjokeintoground
I bet IronFall will be more impressive than Titanfall - relative to what people expect from the platforms the games are on, of course.

VD-dev already said they will release the video on YouTube tomorrow as well as a 60fps version of it for download on their website. It ain't gun' be no Ninty Direct, sorry.
That's fine as well.

Oregano

Hopefully they really worked on the controls. COP was a decent framework(amazing on a technical level) which was held back by poor controls. The shooting was okay(not great) but the cars controlled horribly.

Such a shame it bombed though.

OryoN

Thank the heavens that they're going to release a 60fps download. Can't wait.

It's a really good sign if they want to reveal the game in 'all its glory'. 60fps reveal trailers/videos are rare as is, for consoles, much less 3DS. Based on their track-record, I'm prepared to be blown away!

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Any hope of a YouTube link? I'm intrigued but stuck at work and my phone won't play this file without downloading kooky apps and such.

Downloading the video...can't wait to see the game in motion!

Edit: Just watched the video...WOW!!! Great physics at the end and very impressive effects. Now its clear...the small 3DS is a beast!

Jrs3000

I have seen iron fall....damn...speechless. they need to give Nintendo their driver to improve all games on 3ds.

Bloody impressive :O
Never thought somebody could reach such a technical achievement on a 3DS.
This game is officially in my watch-list now, and I look forward to Nintendo to buy this Big Bang Engine stuff to use it on every possible game for the 3DS :D

Congrats to VD-Dev team, you're a bunch of monsters, guys!

Disguises

What!? HOW!? This is pretty damn impressive.
Downloading the 60fps version now
Also: Ambient* ;)

Edit: 60fps version having issues downloading...
Edit2: Working now (?)

XPE

Well I'm impressed the game looks smooth, animations on the main character are nice, a good amount of models can be on screen at once and the cover system looks like it works well, amazing considering only recently that this was a 2 man team.

Top Bottom