• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is anyone else waiting for Japanese Nintendo Switch preorders?

Not surprising. So EMS shipping is not allowed for the Switch battery issue huh? Seems DHL will be suitable for both Tenso and Amazon JP international shipping. Hopefully they don't take too long to come up with the shipping charges.

Can't wait for ¥15k shipping.

(´・ω・`)

No shipping at all? Even if the Joy-cons are shipped separately. That's new, hmm. I guess they want less headaches.

Speaking of Japan Post, they have a limited set of countries where they would even ship any batteries to. Check the table on the last page of this PDF to see if your country accepts such shipments. You can translate your country name into Japanese and then ctrl+f to see if it's included in the document (the second column is for countries accepting airmail while the 3rd column is for countries accepting surface mail).

Amazon charged me only ¥2,938 for shipping >.>

I wonder what makes DHL capable of shipping the Switch and not other companies...

Edit: someone on reddit said their EMS order has left Japan.

Amazon enjoys a massive corporate discount (probably 70% or more) due to the size of their business. Individuals are not so lucky.

Seems like some individuals got lucky and had their shipments slip through. Based on Tenso's reply, carriers are now aware of the issue and probably have memos showing how the Switch package looks on X-Ray circled around the country's airports. Heck, they might have even issued memos to the offices themselves so they won't accept the shipment to begin with.

enbred

Banned
My Switch is held at local customs with this message:

Clearance delay

Further Details - Further clearance processing is required.

Next Steps - A DHL representative shall attempt to contact importer or shipper if any further information is required to complete the entry. Customer should contact DHL Customer Service if not reached by DHL

Waiting for DHL to call me. Looks like it's going to take a until mid next week at the earliest for me to get it... And my Zelda just arrived to make it sting more. *sigh*

My Switch is held at local customs with this message:

Waiting for DHL to call me. Looks like it's going to take a until mid next week at the earliest for me to get it... And my Zelda just arrived to make it sting more. *sigh*

depends. I got the same message as well, but dhl manage to clear it by themselves and didn't have to contact me

enbred

Banned
depends. I got the same message as well, but dhl manage to clear it by themselves and didn't have to contact me

I hope that's the case. Status now changed to:

Clearance is pending as the shipment will be cleared by the importer's designated external Broker.

Broker will be confirmed and will be responsible for further shipment clearance. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or shipper if required.

And on Amazon it says:

Delayed
Your package is delayed in the customs clearance process. Please contact Carrier for next steps

Some bundles are/were available again on Amazon now, says in stock March 22. Surprisingly it still allows international shipping.

And it formed a bubble? Usually glass are good with bubbles. Now I'm concerned about the glass screen protector that I ordered lol

Hmm, I'm interested in getting a glass screen protector for my Switch as well, after hearing the dock scratch reports. Now I'm not sure what screen protector to get. Would it be a safer bet to perhaps import one of the ones that have been verified by other people on GAF, then?

enbred

Banned
It's so pretty, and tiny!

TbJUVT7.jpg

Literally as I ran out to grab my package of Zelda from the driver I get the DHL notification on my phone that the Switch has cleared customs :)

Don't think they'll deliver it today though. I might have a chance to go pick it up from the local office before they close, or it will wait until Saturday. Still better than I expected!

Blessed Be the Region Free Gods.

Edit: Called DHL, apparently they open on Friday (which is everyone's day off here) for shipment pickups, so I'll be getting it tomorrow for sure.

tiijj

Hmm, I'm interested in getting a glass screen protector for my Switch as well, after hearing the dock scratch reports. Now I'm not sure what screen protector to get. Would it be a safer bet to perhaps import one of the ones that have been verified by other people on GAF, then?

I have the one from cyber and the fit's really good, there are no big gaps at the sides so it covers the entire screen. It's thin and sticks really well, no complain. So far so good. The only bad thing about it is that there's a big cutout where the light sensor is.

Weils

Neo Member
So Tenso will resume with EMS shipping once they have separated and consolidated the batteries for packaging accordingly.

2017/03/09
【 Nintendo Switch 】 In regard to International Shipping of Nintendo Switch

We are making an announcement again since we have gotten the latest information in regards to international shipping of Nintendo Switch.

We have announced the other day that the shipment of all the packages containing Nintendo Switch are suspended by Japan Post according to their notification.

Today, we are again notified by Japan Post that shipping Nintendo Switch internationally will be possible if we separate the packages and make one package contain at most 2 lithium ion batteries.
(The other method we have mentioned, which is installing the Joy‑Con controllers in the Joy‑Con Charging Grip will not be acceptable.)
Moreover, we are also notified that shipment will be possible from 2017/3/10.

On the other hand, regarding shipment using ‘DHL’ we mentioned yesterday, as a result of confirmation, just like Japan Post, they will be able to ship the packages if we separate them and make one package contain at most 2 lithium ion batteries.

Consequently, we are going to go for shipment via Japan Post, as the shipping method we normally offer.

For our customers whose packages containing Nintendo Switch have arrived at our warehouse, we will send you an email about yout package to proceed with the shipment.

We are terribly sorry for making several announcements in regard to this matter which may have confused you.
Also, we sincerely apologize to our customers whose packages containing Nintendo Switch have arrived at our warehouse for the packages’ retention caused by our repeated confirmation with Japan Post.

For your information, please make reference to below for the quantities of lithium ion batteries in each product.

【 Quantities of Lithium Ion Batteries 】
Nintendo Switch:3 batteries (1 in Nintendo Switch, 2 in Joy-Con)
*Other devices
Joy-Con: 2 batteries
Pro Controller: 1 battery
Joy‑Con Charging Grip: 1 battery

Hmm, I suppose Amazon Japan has some serious bargaining power if they managed to convince DHL to ship the Switch as is. Other customers are not as lucky, I suppose.

enbred

Banned

Based Amazon Japan.

I was very surprised they were unopened, not even by our local customs which almost always tear open boxes and leave things a mess.

I was disappointed that the barcode stickers are on the boxes themselves. So removing them would probably damage the box :/ Edit: stickers turned out very easy to remove, they practically fall off leaving no marks.

One of them is for a friend, I was planning on opening them first and checking if any has issues (dead pixels, wobbly joycon rail, or off screen color tint), so that I can choose a non-defective one for myself, but when I saw them still wrapped I couldn't bring myself to do it, and my friend didn't want me to open his, understandably... But, I went through all the trouble to get them and I'm going to be so mad if luck of the draw screws me :/

Waiting to meet up with him after lunch to unbox them together.

Many gadgets in Japan (and, reportedly, the Switch everywhere) don't come sealed. It could very well be opened easily without you knowing.

My Joy-Con-less Switch cleared customs instantly. On the other hand, my BotW amiibo and Switch Pro-Con have spent 6.5 days in customs with no indication of when they might make it out and at what cost. Whatever.

Weils

Neo Member
My Joy-Con-less Switch cleared customs instantly. On the other hand, my BotW amiibo and Switch Pro-Con have spent 6.5 days in customs with no indication of when they might make it out and at what cost. Whatever.

Just paid off my shipping and awaiting delivery. Hope my country don't give me any problems.

I got my spare Joy-Cons, downloading the Splatoon 2 先行試射会なう. Yayifications.
edit: My amiibo and Pro-Con are still in customs lmao

dgco86

Sorry to bump this thread up, but does anyone know if it's possible to change payment methods on the My Nintendo store? The card I used to place my orders was cancelled because of a Gamestop.com breach so I need to update my payment method ASAP...

kubus

Sorry to bump this thread up, but does anyone know if it's possible to change payment methods on the My Nintendo store? The card I used to place my orders was cancelled because of a Gamestop.com breach so I need to update my payment method ASAP...
Uhh I don't think you can but don't they charge you right away when you order?

They did when I pre-ordered the Switch and Zelda. Got charged on January 23th, the day the Nintendo Store opened.

dgco86

Uhh I don't think you can but don't they charge you right away when you order?

They did when I pre-ordered the Switch and Zelda. Got charged on January 23th, the day the Nintendo Store opened.

Oh you're right, they do charge on the spot. Phew looks like there's still hope for my orders then. Thanks!

Top Bottom