• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it time to reattempt Infinite Crisis (DC's MOBA) or a Marvel equivalent?

Since the Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Update, I've jumped into the MOBA scene in earnest. Not only has HotS proven a fun experience, I've also tried out Battlerite (which I also really enjoy), Paragon, & Dropzone. It's also been building up my courage to dip my toes back into trying out DOTA2 after bouncing right off of it years ago.

This experimentation in the world of MOBAs has also coincided with the arrival of Injustice 2. I don't have a PS4 but have indulged in several match videos and Twitch streams. The game looks amazing and unexpectedly has dragged up memories of DC's foray into the world of Lords Management with the now defunct Infinite Crisis which lasted only a few paltry months of 2015:

As a big comic fan, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that it peaqued my interest when it first showed, despite having zero MOBA experience or real willingness to try the genre at the time.

As mentioned though, it seems that more and more studios are jumping into the MOBA scene in earnest again. Blizzard with HotS, Epic's Paragon, SEM's Vainglory on mobile devices, Motiga's Gigantic, NCSOFT's Master X Master, Cartoon Network's Adventure Time: Battle Party and on.

It may seem overwhelming but I think it could be the perfect opportunity to try another time at batters plate, especially with the pop cultural currency the comic book/cinematic universe dynasties hold now. Could a WB produced DC Infinite Crisis 2 actually be a hit now? Hell, should Marvel swoop in first with their own? Would any gaffers (MOBA-players or otherwise) actually jump at the chance to give a comic book universe based MOBA a shot now despite Infinite Crisis kind of crashing and burning just a few years ago?

CryptiK

This like many others fucked up by staggering betas and alphas slowly losing the playerbase because of bad balance or features. Finish the game then release.

Aselith

If they try again, they should probably focus on filling out a large roster of characters instead of having 8 versions of fucking Batman and Superman.

delSai

I loved Infinite Crisis. If they brought it back maybe they should rebrand it to something Injustice related.

I'd definitely play a DC MOBA again and would possibly even drop Paragon for it.

Aselith

yeah i need an MCU focused controller friendly moba ASAP

No thank you! Controller mobas have very limited options for types of abilities compared to mouse and keyboard due to the inability to quickly target points with AOE abilities and things like that.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
No thank you! Controller mobas have very limited options for types of abilities compared to mouse and keyboard due to the inability to quickly target points with AOE abilities and things like that.

yeah thats fine, there are a lot of mobas already like that - i don't think its smart to go after the dota/lol/hots market

i think it's more important for pubs to hit consoles and have a wide audience with recognizable MCU characters and lots of classic costumes as skins. make it fun & make it accessible.

Misha

Banned
If Infinite Crisis came back i'd actually play a MOBA again. Loved playing Atomic Wonder Woman. The game is the reason why I got more interested in Wonder Woman in the last couple years

dawgparty

I miss Infinite Crisis. Pretty janky game but playing as Catwoman on a team with GL, Krypto, Tank Ivy, and Star Sapphire was an intrinsically beautiful thing.

Misha

Banned
Her designs are so amazing.

She's first on my list to cosplay. just need to lose some weight first to actually pull it off

on the plus side by the time i get to that people will think i'm being creative with a unique design :p

Something built more like Smite would work better, honestly. Make it more casually oriented, have a ton of different maps a LA HOTS, throw in a ton of heroes day 1 and I think you got a stew on.

Memory

No more trash Moba's please, its like the MMO era all over again. One of two unique ideas but mostly clones, reskins or modest variations.

Either change up the formula or don't bother, we don't need more reskin/clone moba's.

That said I appreciate what HoTs is trying to do even of if the hardcore moba crowd shit on them for not being a better reskinned lol/dota2.

Top Bottom