• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is PSN Down?

vilmer_

I've been on since earlier on today and I've seen friends log off only to not log back in for the past few hours. I was downloading Mass Effect 2 and I noticed a massive hit on download performance.

ReaperXL7

Yep psn is down for me aswell, though my friends list is still active. Of course with it being christmas it will likely not get fixed for awhile. :(

Korezo

My ps4 been messed up, it can't connect online with my network since 3 days ago, while everything else in my house connects fine.

Blue Lou

I can connect to the store online (PC), but it won't always let me log in. The shopping cart icons do not appear so I can't make any purchases.

Pimpwerx

Well, the choices were to keep it up and broken or take it down for maintenance and fix it. I'm guessing they made the right choice.

Oh I know. I just needed to vent some of my new toy frustration somewhere, and this thread popped up. LOL! I just want to download Resogun so I can play it all night while deciding whether to get a digital or disc copy of NBA2k14. PEACE.

Having issues on the psn store website downloading stuff. When I sign in just says there has been an error and signs me back out. Just wanted to add PS+ stuff to my download list. Will try later I guess.

adj_noun

Yeah, been having issues connecting to PSN (on PS4) too. Sometimes it says the store is having maintenance, sometimes it just gives me a generic error message. Yeesh.

Let's not forget that the demand for PS4 was even higher than Sony has continually expected, not to mention the tons of people just barely getting PS3s who now have tons of downloading to go through for firmware / games / patches / apps / etc. It's only Christmas eve, too, so let's see if the network is even alive tonight/tomorrow.

Logged in right now. Works like a charm for me.

edit: DL speeds are also decent

edit 2: with my PS3 that seems to make a difference

Dubz

Let's not forget that the demand for PS4 was even higher than Sony has continually expected, not to mention the tons of people just barely getting PS3s who now have tons of downloading to go through for firmware / games / patches / apps / etc. It's only Christmas eve, too, so let's see if the network is even alive tonight/tomorrow.
That's all well and good, but we are paying for this not to happen.

Well this kinda sucks that its down. We had our Christmas on Christmas eve this year, since people gotta work, and unfortunately I was counting on downloading the free2play games on the store lol

still no excuse. You would think they would have more than enough capacity even with higher than expected demand.

btkadams

Sure, that might be an excuse for some PSN slowdown, but it's still unacceptable. People pay for the service now.

They really need to increase the number of servers they have. It's going to crash tomorrow for sure on Christmas when all the new PS4s are being played.

Sony are able to tell us exactly how many consoles they have sold in each territory. So how they are not fully prepared for when most of these consoles try to connect to their network is beyond me.

Hopefully this is just a blip. You'd hope they were paying attention in Christmas '08 when XBL took an enormous shit which lasted well into January.

I...I just got BF4. I just wanted a relaxing day at home to play some Conquest. Why Sony? Why!? =(

Anyways, I don't expect their infrastructure to improve overnight now that I have 3 years PSN+ but if I'm going to pay for online you better get a competent service. It has been awful since PS4 launched.

quabba

Well this sucks, xmas morning in Australia open the new ps4 and can't download any games I bought from psn earlier in the month.

It downloaded the system update and the update for killzone so I thought if I could start the download remotely it might work but the web store isn't working either.

Nags

Banned
I...I just got BF4. I just wanted a relaxing day at home to play some Conquest. Why Sony? Why!? =(

Anyways, I don't expect their infrastructure to improve overnight now that I have 3 years PSN+ but if I'm going to pay for online you better get a competent service. It has been awful since PS4 launched.

No it really hasn't been awful. I was able to get on KZ mp as well as the store with no issues on the day PS4 was released. Plus, the service you are paying for is more than just online unlike xbl.

Ambitious

I don't think it's related, but I just experienced my first game crash on my PS4 ever; I suddenly got kicked out of AC4 SP.

Then I noticed that on my What's New page, some entries are suddenly in German (I've got a German PSN account but set the PS4 to English). I've got both "SomeFriend played SomeGame" and "SomeFriend hat SomeGame gespielt", for example.

Also, the store items in the Related Items section of a game are now in German too. I'm not 100% sure but very sure they were English before. And when I tried to actually access the store, I got an error message about the store being down for maintainance.

Weird.

Fuck my life. Was redeeming the ps3 to ps4 bf4 upgrade code when psn went down. Now anytime I can ge ton, it still shows as regular price. Hopefully this is sorted by tomorrow, was hoping to stick the game on to dl over night!

The Live Area and What's New stuff is completely turned off. I'm also not able to download from the PSN store on the PS4.

Did Sony just get a bunch of new users that are choking the servers?

Top Bottom