• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is PSN Down?

Fnord

I hope no one is defending sony in this. How the fuck are you not prepared for xmas?

Seriously.

Again, we have no idea what happened. It could have been something completely unrelated to high volume traffic. It could have been hardware related in the data center. It could have been something else entirely. Having enough bandwidth and servers aren't the only considerations when running a network. Ever had a piece of networking equipment die on you out of the blue? Why didn't you prepare for that???

Until we know what actually happened, it's premature to say Sony simply wasn't prepared for the influx of new users during Christmas. Incidentally, this outage doesn't look at all like the issues they were having at launch. Just sayin'.

Again, we have no idea what happened. It could have been something completely unrelated to high volume traffic. It could have been hardware related in the data center. It could have been something else entirely. Having enough bandwidth and servers aren't the only considerations when running a network. Ever had a piece of networking equipment die on you out of the blue? Why didn't you prepare for that???

Until we know what actually happened, it's premature to say Sony simply wasn't prepared for the influx of new users during Christmas. Incidentally, this outage doesn't look at all like the issues they were having at launch. Just sayin'.

Whatever it was Sony should have been prepared yes I work at a company where network equipment died and guess what it was fixed within the hour.

These are big companies there really is no excuse.

Bruno

Working for me and our customers. I was having issues last night but after a few tries it connected me.

alba

Little is the new Big
Not working at all for me and it's annoying the heck outta me, almost had my team deck finished in 2K then it all came crashing down, ffs.

Obviously don't know for sure, but I don't expect it to be down for long. Anyhow, I'll be playing some Forza 5 since I can't get into a BF4 match on my PS4.

vilmer_

No problems on my end. Able to access the store, friends list is up and running and downloading a couple of games at great speeds. I'm on the PS3.

tw1164

I'm confused. I'm able to download games, and browse the store. I get an error message that I'm not connected to the internet to authenticate my ps4 games.

Saganator

Im fine, not upset at all or anything... hell I'm gonna go play Knack and have TONS OF FUN.
I kind of am looking forward to Knack just to see where all the negativity is coming from.

Don't go in expecting a train wreck or a master piece and you might end up being satisfied with it. People were just expecting a bit more from Cerny and company.

Artorias

Banned
My trophy list is showing up now, but I can't look at the actual lists of trophies. If I click a trophy list it will just show the name of the game.

Can't access my NBA2k14 save without online. Who thought it was a good idea to make online a requirement for single player saves? Lol anti consumer bullshit

Beast780

Can't access my NBA2k14 save without online. Who thought it was a good idea to make online a requirement for single player saves? Lol anti consumer bullshit

I hate it, I want to listen to Day 4 of the GiantBomb GotY podcast but I usually play NBA while listening to my podcasts. Stupid online only stuff.

Top Bottom